UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Oblivion Today' thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:25 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Open the console
Type "setessential 5DCC9 1"
Prior Maborel's Horse is now immortal.

How'd a Robe of Glib Tongues get inside an Oblivion Gate? Obviously Dagon's forces took prisoners. One of them was probably wearing it when the dremora turned them into a fleshy pod. In my headcanon fleshy pods are the remains of people that were captured and turned into a food source for scamps, clannfear and daedroth.

Oh as for what I did today, I worked a bit with the Midas Magic mod. I'm attempting to write a FAQ & walkthrough for it since no one seems to have bothered to do so yet.

I'd say I'm about 2/3rds of the way done with it. I already wrote down the list of every spell and how to make them. Now I'm working through the many different worlds the mod adds.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:29 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to make the horse essential next time I play. It will probably save me some horse resurrections. Yeah, I figure the loot inside the Oblivion worlds comes from prisoners, but my character doesn't know much about what's going on yet. I haven't advanced the MQ to the point that Dagon's forces have been implicated.

New update

Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Eradicated some vampires and became a member of the Order of the Virtuous Blood.
2. Met Claude Maric, an important NPC in my made-up lore.
3. Found Sinderion and was given an ongoing quest.
4. Was warned about Glarthir by a guard with no respect for privacy.

Longer version

Last edited by Snail's Pace on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:07 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Today, I started over. Uninstalled, deleted everything, and re-installed, this time without any DLC. Why? Because I recently realized that KOTN changes things in the base game and the changes are not to my liking, e.g., finding everybody in the Chapel of Dibella already dead before my character ever had a chance to meet them, among other things. So I started over. I'll add the DLC later. Right now, I am rather displeased about having to start over, though.

So then I re-created my character and am re-tracing her steps, more or less, as documented in my previous posts in this thread until I get her back to where she was story-wise. And if she doesn't find another Robe of Glib Tongues (or some other piece of equally great loot) early on like she did last time, I'll console-add it as a gift. You're welcome.

On the bright side...

When re-creating my character, I took the opportunity to change her looks a little, giving her a darker complexion than the typical Breton, suggesting that there might be some Redguard in her ancestry. I haven't decided whether to account for that in her backstory or leave it a mystery - probably the latter.
Edit: I decided not to give her the money, as I am no longer aggravated about starting over.

Also, I'm implementing my own leveling system this time around, using the console. I can't be bothered to deal with the default leveling system any more, and I couldn't find any leveling mods that do what I want, so I'm doing my own thing through the console when level-up time rolls around. Basically, I'm just playing naturally and when level-up time rolls around, I'm using the console to ensure that the character gets a minimum of 12 total points. The first level-up was a +5/+3/+3 = +11, along with a bunch of +2's, so I console-added an extra point in one of the +2 attributes to get the total to +12. I experimented with this system a bit before starting over, and it seemed OK. Not sure if it is a viable long-term strategy, but if not... so be it, I can always change it later.

That's what I did in Oblivion today.

Last edited by Snail's Pace on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:47 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Oh! If you haven't installed the Shivering Isles DLC, please tell me what Sheogorath sounds like? I heard he had a different voice before the DLC gave him the Scottish accent we all know and love, but I can't seem to find any voice clips of his dialog pre-Shivering DLC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:15 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I can do that, but first I want to get my character back to where she was when I re-started. I'm following my previous posts kind of like a script right now. Maybe in a week or two I can have her visit Sheogorath, though. Any other requests?

What I did today and yesterday... Continued re-tracing the character's (The Real Delia Dalomax's) previous steps. "Unfriendly Competition". "May the Best Thief Win". Went to Chorral and Weynon Priory. Got a horse. Got a recommendation from the Skingrad Mages Guild. Found Martin. About to enter the Kvatch Oblivion gate.

I realized I missed some important dialogue before, especially from Jauffre. Also, I totally missed Hirtel the other time. Otherwise, no major differences so far.

And once again, Dion the Skingrad guard burst into the bedroom while my character was changing clothes to warn her about Glarthir. Is it programmed for him to do that?

The weather has been terrible. The trip to Chorral was so foggy, I thought something might be wrong with the graphics. But later it cleared up. It was just fog.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:49 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Dion's scripted to find you after you select the "Glarthir" dialog option when talking to anyone in town.

If you never talk about Glarthier, he'll never approach you. You can fully complete the Paranoia quest without ever talking to anyone about Glarthir.

I suppose from your character's point of view, not mentioning Glarthir's name to anyone would fall in line with the "They can't know you're helping me" Glarthir says.

Oh as for what I did. I'm still working on my Midas Magic guide. Just did the Mechanical Halls and damn the boss of that Plane is hard! In full Daedric Armor on Normal difficulty the Giant Iron Golem killed me in about 4 hits. Plus he's got a ton of HP, and I'm not sure all of my strikes were even connecting since a few of them made the *clang* sound you hear when striking a solid object that has no actual hitbox.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:16 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
The weird thing about it was Dion's timing. Both times, it was after midnight and my character was in one of the bedrooms at the Mages Guild hall with the door closed. I went into the journal to change my character's clothes for bed and then Dion burst into the room... "A little bird told me..." It startled me both times.

Today I broke the siege of Kvatch and took back Castle Kvatch. All of that played out pretty much like before, with one humorous difference: Upon taking the Sigil Stone and exiting Oblivion, Ilend Vonius, who was still with my character, left his cuirasse inside Oblivion and fought his way through the the subsequent battles bare-chested, the show-off. He survived - I made sure of it - a man with such humorous dialogue and delivery simply must be saved. Then I delivered Martin to Weynon Priory etc. After that, Delia, Martin, and Jauffre set off for Cloud Ruler Temple.

Then it got potentially interesting.

Near Applewatch, the little farmhouse west of Bruma, an Oblivion gate has already opened. That's a first for me... I'd never seen a random gate open before taking Martin and Jauffre to CRT (keep in mind, this is only the third time I've ever done this). In fact, I didn't know they could open this early, but according to the wiki, completing the "Find the Heir" quest is the trigger.

I ran out of time to play, so I sent them to Bruma, saved, and quit at that point.

Of course, now I'm wondering... can I take Martin and Jauffre into an Oblivion world? That's what I aim to find out... next time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Over the last couple of days, I finished re-doing what I had done before I re-started my character, The Real Delia Dalomax. Did "Zero Visibility", "Untaxing the Poor", "Order of the Virtuous Blood", and met Sinderion. So now I can do new stuff.

The only major difference was that the second time through, Martin and Jauffre helped Delia close the Oblivion gate near Applewatch before going to Cloud Ruler Temple. They made it easy. After that, it was tempting to go Oblivion gate hunting with Martin and Jauffre, but I don't think the story intends for the player to do that, since they constantly nag you about needing to go to CRT. So I took them to CRT after closing the one near Applewatch.

Anyway, Delia is now in Skingrad and is about to a do a little nirnroot hunting at Shadeleaf Copse.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:46 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Collected nirnroot at Shadetree Copse.
2. Keeps getting sidetracked having to close Oblivion gates.
3. Traveled to Anvil to seek a recommendation.
4. Likes Anvil.
5. Bought Benirus Manor and found out why it was so cheap.
6. Keeps running into the coffee table that's just inside the front door.
7. Got her recommendation.
8. Left Anvil to continue pursuing Mages Guild recommendations and independent thievery. Made it back to Skingrad.

Longer version

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:05 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Finished the "A Warlock's Luck" Quest in Midas Magic.

The Emero-El Lich Warlords were a pain to fight because they had this annoying habit of casting a spell that fully healed them as well as reviving every other undead enemy in the vicinity. Considering the very first Emero-El you fight is smack dab in the middle of an army of boss-leveled skeletons, that's not fun!

To make it worse they have inherent 100% Resist Magic and Reflect Spell.

Now I am stuck trying to beat the goddamn Balrog "Durin's Bane". He's got the most HP I have ever seen. I know he Resists Fire and Poison.

I tried using a Midas Spell that halves a target's HP (like Gravity spells from Final Fantasy), but I don't think it did anything.

I am able to control the pace of battle using the Midas Freeze Ray and Ice Burst spells to freeze the Balrog temporarily to give me time to heal.

I can use HellRime Blast to Burden him and Drain is Speed for a short time allowing me to use Repair Hammers due to game mechanics causing him to lose sight of me.

I was also able to knock his giant flaming sword out of his hand with a shield bash, but he picked it up
before I could grab it.

The problem is when he gets down to about 1/4 HP left, he just stops taking damage. Worse still I think he has a health regeneration effect similar to trolls because after I finish a round of repairing my stuff I notice he has more HP afterwards.

After I froze him with Ice Burst for the dozenth time, I had to quit because when he thawed and started moving around again, I couldn't damage him at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:10 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I started playing an Altmer with the Atronach birthsign. I thought finding magic recharge would be harder, but with home made potions, churches, and Welkynd stones, I'm having no trouble at all

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:31 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Is not impressed with the Count of Skingrad's court.
2. Agreed to meet Glarthir behind the Chapel of Julianos around midnight, but burglarized his house instead.
3. Traveled to Bruma to fence some loot.
4. Lions and minotaurs and bandits, oh my! And an Oblivion gate.
5. Bought a new type of Dark Leather Armor crafted by her friend Maro Rufus at The Best Defense. Light armor! The very best!
6. Broke even betting on the Blue Team.

Longer version

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:10 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Dark Leather Armor with a Hood? Like the Shrouded Armor? Are you using a special armor mod?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:57 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 3
After coming back since not having played since Skyrim came out, I farted around on a character, did a crap-ton of quests and factions, and finally decided how I wanted to roleplay my way through.

So today saw the "birth" of Tristyn Julalla, my Breton Sorcerer. With the Blades' help, he's managed to escape from the Imperial Prison, and is just about ready to start his new life.

On a side note, this is actually my second Breton with the surname of Julalla, the first being Trystivar, in Elder Scrolls Online. I may have just started my own Elder Scrolls family line.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Didn't need no stinking charm scrolls to charm her way to a recommendation from Kud-Ei. All she needed was her innate charm... and 200 septims.
2. Was tasked by a Master Speechcraft trainer with cheering up all the beggars in Cyrodiil... as if Delia doesn't do that anyway.
3. Is on the lookout for Shadowbanish Wine.
4. Went to Leyawiin and earned another recommendation in a quest that just goes to show you can't trust a necromancer.

Longer version

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:46 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 3
I did some questing in and around the Imperial City today. Got a waterbreathing ring, bought my shack, and discovered that in third-person, unlike in Skyrim and Online, your character's head tracks people moving around! I probably spent a good fifteen minutes standing somewhere that people walk by often enough, watching my characters head turn and look at them as they went by.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:42 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I actually decided to re-install Oblivion today and have a go with bunch of mods installed. Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul being the main deal. I have never played with it because I was too afraid of downloading such big mods which I thought would mess up my characters. Now I got the mod going from start so it doesn't matter. Thus a dunmer called Abaax started his adventure in Cyrodil. It's already been really fun since the world is now unlevelled and really challenging. Animals don't act like bloodthirsty retards but are actually unpredictable. I had a boar running away from me but later I ran into two which attacked me :D. I'm actually rather excited to experience Oblivion like this. It's different from Skyrim because more attention is paid to specialization. Abaax is focused on stealth and magic.

And of course... I had to re-download some animation mods too just to have a laugh:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:20 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
The Real Delia Dalomax, Chapter 14

Delia Dalomax, a Breton, went hunting for alchemy ingredients in the southern Blackwood area and along the riverbanks near Leyawiin. She also found a ruin called Veyond and a village called Blankenmarch. The villagers included a couple of Bretons who shared "rumors" about geography. Did you know that Cyrodiil is bordered by the Jerall Mountains in the north and the Valus Mountains in the east? Well, according to those Bretons it is, but my character remains skeptical. Anyway, not far from there, she saw that an Oblivion gate had opened. Returning to Leyawiin, she saw another one just outside town. The townspeople didn't seem too concerned, though, I guess because the Hero of Kvatch was around to close it. So the next day, she closed the two Oblivion gates.

After that, Delia bought the house for sale in Leyawiin and fully furnished it. Very nice! Especially the divider screens, which were an unexpected amenity. The place was perfect for efficiently storing a couple of books and some alchemy ingredients. And it only cost her 17,000 septims! A bargain really, if you don't think about it too much. After a night of purposeful sleep, she was ready to continue her completely necessary adventures.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:23 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
The Real Delia Dalomax, Chapter 15

Delia Dalomax, a Breton, left Leyawiin in the pre-dawn hours to travel back to Anvil to get some Illusion training from her friend Carahil. Her skill in Illusion had been lagging, which was hindering her career in thievery as well as forcing her into a lot of fights that she would rather avoid. (I had assumed that the Mages Guild in Bravil offered training in Illusion because it ostensibly specializes in the skill... but no.) So she left Leyawiin riding Delia's Prior Maborel's Paint Horse and spent the night in Bravil and Skingrad along the way. She got in a lot of fights on the roads. After arriving in Anvil, Delia traded and then went to see Carahil to begin training.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:05 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Did some exploring along the Gold Coast and found a shipwreck, among other things.
2. Tried to join an all-girl gang of seducer-thieves, but it didn't go as expected ("The Sirens Deception" quest).
3. Trained with Carahil.

Longer version - contains spoilers (and a complaint) about "The Siren's Deception" quest.

Edited once for clarity.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:41 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
All I did today was download and test a mod: Ring of Wanderer's Rest, which provides a portable bedroll to sleep on. Put on the Ring and the bedroll appears. Take off the Ring and the bedroll disappears. It's an old mod and there are much fancier camping mods out there, but I just need a simple solution. I don't expect my current character to be doing a lot of camping, but would like to have the option to bed down anywhere sometimes.

Anyway, I tested the mod. It works, and didn't interfere with sleeping on regular bedrolls (like the ones in jail cells, in the event my character ever goes to jail - I actually got her thrown in jail just to test that).

I didn't save anything. The Real Delia will buy the Ring for real-ia next time she's in the Imperial City. It's sold at Divine Elegance. But currently, she's still in Anvil.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:49 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delai Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Delivered 10 nirnroot to Sinderion but had to wait to get her free elixir.
2. Traveled to Bravil to buy some new Illusion spells.
3. Got roped into looking for Ursanne Loche's husbund ("Caught in the Hunt" quest).
4. Closed a couple of Oblvion gates.
5. Returned to Skingrad to pick up her elixir.

Longer version

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:24 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
I explored the unmarked cave and experimented with skooma, running across Cyrodiil in around 2 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next