UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: UESP Trials on the PTS, Sat 30 Apr, 6pm GMT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:29 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
Since the Thieves Guild patch introduced the ability to run Trials cross-faction, the North American PC branch of the UESP Guild has been working through the various Trials on offer. We have run Aetherian Archive and Hel Ra Citadel a number of times, including the Hard Mode of AA. However, we are completely stuck on Sanctum Ophidia because we can't get past the mantikora boss. On our best attempt, we got it down to 40% HP.

The Dark Brotherhood patch is currently available on the Public Test Server. One of the new features is a Normal version of Sanctum Ophidia. Since we have been struggling with the current , it seems that we would be the ideal group to attempt it :)

The Trial will be held this Saturday at 2pm EDT / 11am PDT / 6pm GMT. It's early to allow our friends from the European branch to join us if they would like. We will likely take 1-2 hours to figure things out since we will never have played this version of the Trial before.

If you'd like to come along, you'll need to download the PTS client. If you've ever been on the PTS, the patch is about 6.5 GB, but if you've never downloaded it, it'll be a full download of 45 GB+. Teamspeak will also be required. The UESP Teamspeak server is:
server: ts.uesp.net
password: SothaSil

If you are going to play with a template character, please arrive at least an hour early to get your character set up. Otherwise, please arrive 20-30 minutes early so you can take in any changes to your usual skills and respec if necessary. Please also read the so that you are prepared.

Also, please drop a note in this thread to let me know you're coming, along with your preferred role.

~baratron (GM)

Post subject: Re: UESP Trials on the PTS, Sat 30 Apr, 6pm GMT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
@SarthesArai will be there (unless something unforseeable happens)
I'd either play a healer or a DD, depending on the demand^^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:06 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Great initiative, baratron! I might show up, prefer playing DD, but if needed can try to help out with other roles. My account name is @Tiburon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:03 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 1
Hey bara! I'll be downloading the PTS tonight and hope it'll be ready tomorrow afternoon. Ra'sumar will be there with his spotted tail to DPS and die a bit (if the character copy from NA server went right). Perhaps you'll hear of me too, if I can get hold of a mic and a silent room :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:45 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Awesome to have some of you from the European server along. You've probably already seen, but I've sent you Guild invites. Everyone has invite privs, so feel free to invite any of your friends who don't look at the forum. I'll be on in 45-50 minutes since I've decided to respec Martin again :-).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:30 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Thanks to all for coming! We completed the new Normal Sanctum Ophidia with only 9 players. I have left feedback about it on the Official Forum , do please read my comment and add anything to it which I missed off :).

I expect we'll attempt another group run of something at the same time next week (11 am Pacific / 2 pm Eastern / 6pm GMT) as this seemed to be acceptable for several different timezones. Apologies to those of you who work on Saturdays or are in Oceania.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:11 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 420
Nice writeup! Our is massively lacking, if anyone wants to put their newfound wisdom to use. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:48 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Very nice writeups by both baratron and Contraptions on the official forums! I think I might join the next time as well... hoping we get a full group :) Legoless, I'm hoping Contraptions will add some info to the SO page article :D He/She knows a lot about mechanics and can describe it very well, from what I've seen in the group dungeon pages.