UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is this a good character build?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:48 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
So I was using the wiki as a guide to maximize attributes and the inventive gamer character planner tool and came up with:
http://morrowind.inventivegamer.com/too ... 2,27,22,26
I would like to make an acrobat just to, so if you think that it would work well or not, tell me.

Post subject: Re: Is this a good character build?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:00 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
First and foremost, what's a "good" build is purely subjective. If the build is a hodgepodge of skills and attributes that don't make sense to the average person, but it accomplishes what you want, it's a "good" build, regardless of how efficiently that the skills can be levelled up.

Secondly, in my opinion, this class, while largely good, could use some slight tweaks. This class fits really well as a stealth class, though I would think that shortblade is slightly more effective as the minor weapon skill. The shortblades can strike faster than spears, though at a loss to range when compared, and if you are in a situation where you're too close for a good marksman hit, the speed of the shortblade would help you lay down some serious damage that would otherwise be harder to accomplish with a spear, which I think would be more suited to a warrior in the open.

Also, assuming you want to use this character as a thief-type, I would incorporate Security, because you'd never know where a trap or locked door/container can be waiting, and you'd want to have at least a basic ability to take care of these obstacles.

Or, do you plan on using Alteration to accomplish that? While that's fine and good, and I've successfully executed Khajiiti mages in the past, they don't have quite so much Magicka as some other races, meaning the higher tiered lock/unlock spells are going to be more difficult to use. If for security is all you want to use Alteration for, then I'd swap for Security, which Khajiit are going to be naturally better at (+5 racial bonus)

There are a few things that I would change, just for my own individual preference and needs, but otherwise, this is a solid class that will work really well.

Of course though, like I said, I am a firm believer that what's "good" is subjective, based on your needs and desires for that character, so if you have a reason you want to keep those skills I recommended changing, that's your own prerogative. :)

Oh my love, Anastasia, this may be our last goodbye.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
If this were my character I would change three things.

1) Drop Unarmored skill, unless you're really going to run around half naked just to show off. The only reason not to equip light (or heavier) armour is looks. Light armour weighs almost nothing and is enchantable.

2) I'd also replace Athletics. If you want to have decent control over when and how to level up, athletics will mess this up. You'll be levelling up way too fast unless you take your sweet time walking everywhere you go. If you don't like being so slow early in the game consider the Steed for your birthsign.

If you're replacing these skills consider security for burgling and enchant for increasing the magicka economy of your magic items.

3) This is a bit more powergamey but you won't really need all that agility from the start, especially since you will be raising it quickly. The Lady is a really powerful birthsign early in the game when you need endurance and personality the most.

Finally, this is one of the best pages on all of UESP. http://uesp.net/wiki/Differences_Betwee ... and_Skyrim

Last edited by Skrofler on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:01 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:07 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:23 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Unarmoured doesn't require you to wear nothing, you can wear clothes and the Unarmoured skill still works.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:13 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Do you use the Morrowind Code Patch? If not, you will need to wear at least one piece of armor for the Unarmored skill to work, anyway. Other than that, I would advise you to wear armor regardless of that. You can still wear clothes underneath (or in the case of robes, above). Aside from the additional armor rating it provides, it also gives you 5 additional enchantment slots.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:33 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

Oh my love, Anastasia, this may be our last goodbye.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:18 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Really, I don't have a problem with the default Acrobat class. It does what it's meant to do - all the skills are there. How those skills should be arranged depends entirely on personal preference.

I think the most fun and unique aspect of playing an acrobat is using Alteration to augment your physical abilities. Particularly, crafting your own spells that make use of effects like Jump, Levitate, Shield, and Feather. So personally, I might make Alteration a major skill. But ultimately it doesn't matter.

As far as weapons and armor, choose whatever you want. Playing an unarmored or partially unarmored character isn't nearly as difficult as some say it is. It simply requires integrating a little more tact into your playstyle. The same goes for Hand-to-Hand characters, as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5