UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So About Curing Lycanthropy (Possble Bloodmoon Spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:30 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
Before I start let me go ahead and say I completed Bloodmoon yesterday and with Hircine's Ring I started the quest to be cured. However there's a problem. As I was exploring an ice cavern I suddenly transformed and had a dream....and I did not see the popup warning me that all of Nirn now knows me as a werewolf. So everybody attacks me on sight now and I can't reload to fix.

Here's the actual problem. The 3 witches that cures you of Lycanthropy ATTACKS YOU ON SIGHT! So, the characters whose sole purpose is to cure Lycanthropy, and by default knows of your werewolf blood, instantly gangs on you with summons the very moment you begin the quest. Wow, I mean I heard of oversights but Nocturnal's sake this is a big one!

I glanced at the Wiki (to see if this was intentional or a bug) and I "think" you can just kill the witches and find notes on what to do. But before I do so is there another way I can calm them down? I read that 100% chameleon in this game prevents NPCs from talking to you but not sure if that's correct.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: So About Curing Lycanthropy (Possble Bloodmoon Spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I can't remember specifically, but I don't think Chameleon prevents you from talking to npcs (I vaguely recall talking to sixth house cultists just to see what they all say while under said effect)
But I wouldn't be surprised if certain npcs or their disposition/fight level affects this, but you could try using a Calm effect to prevent them from being hostile, followed by a Charm effect to raise their disposition

Just out of curiosity, did you hear of the raven rumor before you became public enemy No. 1 or after?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:02 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, as even the vampire route in the Telvanni is buggy to begin with, but my guess would be most people in major towns will still be hostile
There is a spellmaker not affiliated with any faction that may or may not offer her services to you,
Or try some of the Ashlander Wise Women, as I don't remember if the Ashlanders are part of the disposition drop with the major factions (I could depend on where you are in the main story)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:33 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
@Chaos the N'wah

Well due to my OCD I'll try to calm them first, but if I can't killing them (this reminds me of the "Back Door" quest if you kill a certain character int he core main quest) will have to do. Luckily I keep at most 2 saves active at a time. I learnt the hard way that games can crash while saving and I'd be a Mubcrab's uncle if I let that happen with Morrowind.

However that will have to wait until Friday, family's yearly trip to celebrate the 4Th begins tomorrow. But when I can I'll post here saying how either of the above 2 options went. I have more than enough gold to create spells, Creeper and the Mubcrab are game breakers. X3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:03 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Well I tried a calm spell at 100% but it did nothing. Aw well, kill them I must.....or not! I read a scroll that one of them had and there's a "Scroll of the Wolf Ender" which cures you! But it will not work, I can't figure out to cast the darn thing. >_> UGH! So be it. *gets out an old, worn out torch*

P.S can somebody go to http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Rite_ ... iver#Notes and add to the Notes "The witches become hostile towards you if the world knows you as a wolf" so future players of the game can be made aware and avoid this massive, near game locking oversight?

I'd go and boost the power of the calm spell I made but I don't want to waste any more time, plus it'll get harder to cast.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

A couple of things could be going wrong here
- Not killing them does not trigger the appropriate questline and makes the scroll useless (Though unlikely)
- Is the scroll an on use item (like a potion or food) or is it supposed to be cast as a scroll through the magic menu?

That aside, there are a couple of spells you can try:

- Command (Humanoid): While I'm not sure if you can talk to them while commanded, I do know that the spell can reset threat/hate on occasion. Additionally, you can try moving them to another room/zone to see if it changes their disposition.

- Charm: This specifically targets their disposition stat and raises

As well, you can try weakness to magicka to help get your other spells to work by lowering any resistances they may have

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:00 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
@Chaos the N'wah

I have no idea, but I managed to dot he quest and get cured! I found that taking my invisible ring on/off helped to talk to them and then instantly hide. But with this cure being done that ring is stored away to be forgotten.

Side note, 1 NPC did attack me after this quest but that calm spell worked on them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Weird, out of curiosity, is the specifically invisibility or Chameleon? Because if it was the former, the act of opening a door or entering a new zone via loading will break invisibility

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:35 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles: