UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fullscreen with Bordered Window???
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:00 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
http://imgur.com/zjgXIBQ

This is not my image, but I'm having the same issue in that whether or not I'm fullscreen I get an annoying window border around Morrowind.

I had been using MGSO (Morrowind Sound & Graphics Overhaul) which includes MGE (Morrowind Graphics Extender) which is most likely the source of the problem- but the problem persisted even after I uninstalled, deleted the files in the Morrowind folder without applying mods and reinstalled!

Google is absolutely worthless for finding a solution to a problem with this many frequently-use words.

Activating Window or Fullscreen in launcher options does nothing. Changing to-or-from Windowed Mode in MGE options isn't fixing it either.

I have no idea what to do to fix this. Please advise.

Post subject: Re: Fullscreen with Bordered Window???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:17 pm 
Layman
Layman

It may be stuck in window mode. MGE may prevent going to full screen. I like it in window mode. No more crashes when alt+tab ;)

Possible solutions:
1. Try not to find it annoying anymore. It's all in your mind.
2. If the first one does not work, then delete anything related to the game or MGE from the registry. Backup registry file just in case. Reinstalling OS may also do the trick.
3. Adjust the size or position of the screen from your monitor or any program that can do the same thing. Not the smartest solution, but it must work.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:26 am 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 15
I haven't tried this with Morrowind, but with most Windows programs, pressing Alt+Enter will usually make the program go full screen. You might try that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:51 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
I'm playing Morrowind on my TV and this bugged me too. Here's the fix that worked for me. I'm running Windows 8.1, so locations may be different for you. Even with MGE, the settings are stored in the computer's registry which MGE cannot change, and you need to edit the registry to get full screen. Make a backup of your registry before editing and, if you don't know what the registry is, ask someone who does to help.

1. Open the registry editor (Win key + R, type regedit, hit enter). This is where you can back up your registry too.

2. Search for the word Morrowind. Mine was located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind. Your location may look a bit different but as long as you're in the Morrowind part of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\, you should be fine.

3. Click on the Morrowind key (looks like a folder in regedit) and, in the panel on the right, look for "Screen Height" and "Screen Width". Change those to your display size. Mine is 1080 high and 1920 wide for the size of the TV screen.

4. Exit regedit.

5. Reboot.

6. You should be good to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:06 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 1
Ah, this. I remember this. Used to annoy me a lot, however, I got used to it, and like BarbarianPlayer said, it doesn't crash when you alt+tab out (for mundane purposes such as changing spotify song, for example).

and, if you keep it and it still annoys you, just vent that anger and irritation :Angry: into stabbing, skewering, bashing or frying mudcrabs, scribs and members of House Dagoth!

Interested in
Daedra Worship?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:52 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 8
I had same problem(its no problem at all) and fixed it in 2 sec. Just ALT-TAB out and then ALT-TAB in. It fixes it for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:20 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
I had almost the exact same problem, i.e. title bar even though I have full screen enabled, plus some content cut off from the bottom of the screen (I am playing the steam version on windows 10 installed on bootcamp on my macbook air 11 inch). I found that the fix is really simple and does not involve ALT tabbing or ctrl-alt-delete: after starting the game, at the main menu (*in* the game after the bethesda movie plays, *not* the launcher), click options, then change the resolution. The game will then switch to true full screen mode.