UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A High Elf (Altmer) In The Tribunal Temple
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I have a question related with lore and immersion more than gameplay itself. I really wanted to create somekind of healer that would be kind of ''religious''. I think have been reading that High elves are actually more oriented toward the worship of the Nine Divines (In Morrowind that is) but their was no mention of their inclination toward the tribunal temple. What do you guys think of an Altmer that would join the temple?

Thanks! :) (I realised this is maybe not the good section for such a topic, if that's the case, I will delete the post or move it if that's possible.)

Post subject: Re: A High Elf (Altmer) In The Tribunal Temple
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 420
A religious Altmer would never join the Temple. Far too much necromancy and Daedra worship involved. The reason the Velothi left Summerset in the first place was due to their heretical practices. Worshipping mortal gods of a different race would be an affront to an Altmer's belief that they are the closest to the Aedra.

That said, maybe your character is open-minded and wants to fit in. I say go for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Thank you very much Lego I appreciate. So if I understand correctly, there would be more chances to see an Altmer join the Imperial Cult or House telvani rather than the temple or would that be also a disgrace?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
Even House Telvanni might be a bit of a stretch, for much the same reasoning. In fact, depending on the individual circumstances, an Altmer may not even be inclined to join the Imperial Cult - due to longstanding anti-Imperial sentiment within Altmeri society.

That all said, it is certainly conceivable that an Altmer might be a member of any of the three factions, particularly if said Altmer were born outside the Summerset Isles. As far as lore and your individual roleplaying choices go, almost anything is plausible!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:18 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Thank you very much Duruza. Im trying to create a character that is more lore-fitting. I might just go with a Dark Elf where I won't have any problems joining the temple or Telvani. I've thought about maybe lowering my endurance to 20 through console command but add some intelligence so it will feel more like the mage style I wanted with the High elf. I know this is not legit but it might be a fun! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:19 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
My advice - don't tinker with the console. If you must alter your attributes, permanently damage/fortify them instead. Find a RP excuse - a botched potion, a spellmaking experiment gone awry, etc.

There are a few Altmer in House Telvanni. In these rare cases, it is most likely their lust for power and arcane knowledge that trumps any ideological dilemma they might have with Telvanni politics.

Not a one to be found in the Temple, though. Still no reason you couldn't be the first.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
Dunmer can make fairly decent Mages in a pinch, particularly if you choose a Magic-orientated Birthsign. I wouldn't worry about altering Attributes too much, honestly.

If you do want to customise your character further than the vanilla game allows, considering installing a mod like Alternate Beginnings, which allows you to modify your stats as you see fit (if memory serves).

Being an Altmer is certainly still a viable roleplaying option, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:47 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Thanks to the two of you! I did not know you could alter your attributes by a fortfify potion glitch. This is an awesome idea Demiverse.

Il sure look for this mod immediately dura. Looks very convenient for certain roleplay experiences. I also always wanted to try some sort of bosmer thief with very low attributes but 100 in luck right away :)