UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style
 Post subject: Several Questions - getting placeatpc items to stick
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:27 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
03-01-2020. I am getting back into MW and am trying to arrange some areas to my liking.
I have the old discs and use them to play the game. I have the Morrowind directory in the D:/ drive and not the C:\ drive.
When I use the console command "placeatpc" to place an item, sometimes the item is embedded in the floor. I then use the "move" command to raise it up or move it. Sometimes, it stays that way when I exit and restart, and sometimes it moves back to being embedded in the floor, etc. I have also tried to place tapestries high on the wall and they sometimes fall down. There doesn't seem to be a consistent result using the console. I can go to the Construction Set and place them, but that is not what I want. Can somebody tell me the logic of what is happening?
Another question is where is the file that has the controller button information in it. I use a Logitech controller that I set up the buttons like I want, but every time I restart a game, the "jump" button I have assigned reassigns itself to the "activate" button. This is very annoying. Also, for some reason the "run always" button will allow me to vary the speed of my player using the left joystick until I push it all the way forward and then my player starts walking. This can be lethal when I am running from the bad guys. I have to push this button every time I restart, so my player continues to run full speed when I push the joystick forward. Any ideas why these things happen? I have other questions, but I thought I would start with these and see the response.
I am new at using Forums so please bear with me. I have already researched these topics using the web, but haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Several Questions - getting placeatpc items to stick
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:35 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 420
I've never heard of anyone using console commands to place static items like that. You really should be using the Construction Set.

Morrowind on PC does not support controllers. If you're on Windows 10, you might have better luck with an Xbox controller as it has native support.

Post subject: Re: Several Questions - getting placeatpc items to stick
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:13 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
Actually, maybe I should have joystick. I use what I believe is a Logitech X-box type joystick. The main menu screen has an options selection with a controls tab with an enable joystick selection. That is what I use. I know that there has to be a file somewhere that records the setup - that is what I am looking for.
I use "placeatpc" for objects all the time. I usually use the command "additem" for small objects such as potions or weapons, but for large items, the item won't show up in the inventory window, but the encumbrance will be added to your character with no way to remove it that I know of - that's why I use the "placeatpc" command. I usually do this when I think of something while I am playing and want to try it out and see how it looks. It would be nice to have it stick and not have to quit and use the construction set.