UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: RP Character Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:39 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 14

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 13
I mean... I get it... but this iteration of Rin and Mausier doesn't really strike the same chord as the previous one did. There's more to see, sure, but half the time I can't understand a damn word the girl is saying :P

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:55 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Well the previous one had more solo and idle time to develope... not the mention the dynamic of caste was changed. It's hard to retap that same mojo ;-;

I will however note that, by my own whim, Rin has gained more deviousness over innocence (though that didn't stop her from threating a hit on the noggin to a man with a gun, remember that?). The dynamic in development should shift once Mausier takes lead. Less bossy shenanigans... The light hearted comedy stays tho.. [&@%!] my bread and butter <3

Per the dialogue. What's a good balance? Namely with density not selectivity. Obviously less than the time it went into hyperdrive. [&@%!] just gets irresistible sometimes.. starts by dropping a ' here or there.. then ends with a literal butchering of the english language XD Maybe be a bit more like Nora's would do, if not more pronounced with word choices?

Still, all her n's, wha'ts, and various adaptations of the aint going no where. Thats like asking me to not put the [&@%!] cherry on top that mound of whipped cream.. I gotta have that cherry, mate D:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:43 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 12
Thoughts on the Kat and the Darkscale?

Curious, this one is.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Katlina's fine, it's just that she's approximately 200 years ahead of her time in a very SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS kind of way. It's like she wears a T-shirt that says "I am a Nord".

Besides that she's nice. I like having morally 'good' characters to balance out the ones that have more ambiguous ethics, ie Grelok, Roran, etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:49 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
So, she's Ulfric with breasts?

[&@%!]!

I'll be hiding from teh protostormcloak haters. #KatlinaforHighking201 :P

I will admit, i keep forgetting to have a consistent tone for the dialogue thus random ye's, ya's but oh well. I shan't cry over it.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:52 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
What about the other members of Thread? Mmmh? Any thoughts you want to add, O' DM?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
Kat's forcing in too much "humorous" dialogue, tbh. The whole "lol I'm quarreling w Niralie" thing stopped being funny about the second time it was uttered. Unless one is doing a comedy show, comedy is only comedic so long as there is something to give it contrast. Cracking wise every 10 seconds doesn't provoke laughter, so much as it provokes blunt force trauma to the back of the skull.

Beyond that, Grelok is beginning to think she's somewhere between "dumb" and "insane", but he doesn't really have any other qualms, nor do I.

Nora's pretty great--I do like that she has fears, she can admit she's wrong or doesn't understand. The whole accent thing might be a bit overplayed, but she's quite likeable.

Zudeel needs to be a bit more of a team player. The "lone wolf" thing doesn't really fly with a group RP.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:57 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
I'll tone it down apart from the winding up Nora bit. Tis fun. :p Quarrelling with Niralie was never my intention and i do like how they are interacting. Comes off as a bit of a two petty rivals that could have easily avoided being rivals if they put the small incident behind them.

Oh and Kat is a bit of an arse. Just thought i'll mention that.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:55 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:05 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
^Heh. All I can imagine with that image, is the one someone posted the other day where he was rubbing blood on his cheeks. :(
(Should that also say 'truth' instead of 'trust'?)

I also forgot to mention that Nora seems pretty persistent/won't get outta yer face if something is concerning her and she wants to know more about it.
Dog with a bone, ye might say.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:06 am 

ES Games:
Platform:
TA2: She's a nord. Nords are stubborn.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:12 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
In this thread, I recommend that we start trying to finally drill it into TSD's head that a person's race does not dictate their behavior or traits.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:20 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
:oops: I meant truth, thanx

Also yes, she is rather persistent, stubbornly(& bluntly) so. Just be glad she isn't like the typical lawful good archtype i.e D&D paladin i.e lawful stupid :P She'd really be a thorn then

Also, was this what you meant?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:22 am 

ES Games:
Platform:
In this thread, TSD drills a hole into Union's face and is aware that race is not etc.... Dovah is tired now.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:25 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
^^Bah, yeah that was it. Oh, was it u that posted it? I know it was you that.brought up Rust.
That game looked interesting, but yeah, shame about the crazy killers that make up a good portion of the community.
Anyway, I digress.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:26 am 

ES Games:
Platform:
So,basically, most online Multiplayer communities then?

TA2: Guess we ought to depart soon. QUE THE LOTR THEME! What? It's a good theme and matches the quest.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:35 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 7

: Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:56 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
As for Valentia's departure, I didn't want to keep a DM PC in the main group. The temptation to give her preferential treatment in the context if the story is too strong. Don't worry though, I have plans for her. This certainly isn't the last you see of young Ms. Rumare.

I may post my opinions later. Please keep in mind that my opinion as a reader and my opinion as a DM are completely separate.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
TA2: Oh, yes, and the other characters. I keep getting distracted by Fire Emblem, today. Whoopsie.

Niralie: A wizard who knows what she's doing, whoo! Grelok might not have thanked her profusely for her aiding him, but he definitely respects her. Buddies!

Eolwyn: As Alarra said, wisdom! Kindness, morality. Grelok thinks she could use a bit more mischief in her life, though. Heheheh.

Dorian: Rook needs to post more often. :P Dorian is lovely. Grelok and him didn't get off on the right foot, but he considers him a pal, now.

Roran: Little too early to say for certain...he has manners, and he has brawn, but Grelok fears he may have plans of his own.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:29 am 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 4
Okay, figured I should post here so it shows up in Your Posts. I legitimately didn't even know we had this thread, so that's pretty cool.

As far as opinions, Roran's first impressions are something like this:

Valentia - Neutral, really. She seems nice, but don't really know much about her.

Niralie - Seems kind, but a bit naive in a good way, like she hasn't had a chance to feel the painful parts of the real world yet.

Eolwyn - Doesn't know much, but she seems to be unrealistically cautious, and maybe lacking trust.

Dorian - Seems loudly haughty and frankly not worth the attention, it only feeds his nonsense more.

Grelok - A fairly well-known friend, though sometimes it seems like he's my weird little brother.

Katlina - Haven't spoken to her directly, but she seems awfully... explicit.

Nora - Particularly interesting, but he's uncertain why. Maybe it's that she's a Skaal, and must have a deep and complex history, or maybe not. Whatever it is, there's something odd lurking there.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:26 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Welp, I guess I should get on the band wagon then, no matter how late :wink:

Valentia: I never really got a chance to know her, even with Maurzol. So I as a player can't add much. Nothing note worthy, but nothing bad Niralie: As a character, I really like her. She stands out, not just bc she is one of the few surviving cast, but by way of virtue Eolwyn: What is there to be said that hasn't? Well thought out, interesting, and hardly dull when it comes to play Grelok: Read above statement, but add in hints of badass with some of the damn best dialogue moments. Seriously, MVP Dorian: God bless that magnificent [&@%!]. That is all Roran: Still early to judge, but thus far I like him. Always a fan to grizzled old veterans, it adds a new dynamic to this bundle of misfits Katlina: She has plenty in routes to improve, I'd say that. Less banter explanation, and less try hard-ish Zudeel: Despite my constant mistakes of adding a N to his name, there isn't much I can add that I haven't said a dozen times over

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:04 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
So I've been thinking on this.. and well it is interesting :wat: how much the dynamic would shift had Nammu(or Dar'Mora) been a bit younger. His role as priest and healer was not always so. I mean, originally he was a thief just like Khazi, just that he never once got caught :P well.. except if you include fate, bc there's no running away from destiny my friends

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:28 am 

ES Games:
Platform:
It would be interesting to see if he would be quick to throw away lives or not. I can see something having broken him at some point thus him no longer caring about throwing lives away. The present Nammu i mean. Him using Necromancy and being morally grey is interesting. Given the franchise's tendecy to make most Necromancers evil.

Where as Darkscale doesn't care about anyone but himself due to how he was created and is literally a tool used for death. Only, the tool refused to be discarded. Now? A tool is used by itself.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:57 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Well :wat: I wouldnt jump to the conclusion of necromancy so fast. He is after all a master at conjuration. Though I must add.. he seems to be particularly cruel to his undead minions >_> openly showing disfavor/abandonment and even physically silencing a thrall. He clearly is not fond of them, nor to the Falmer >_> tho that has more to do with them being 'less than they once were' and a literal infestation upon the dwemer ruins

So I shoud state here. He has yet to summon anything more than undead, and personally bound tools hold less worth, tho I assure you there is a stark difference with other summons. But let is still more to the observable

Per morality. Simply put it... he just doesnt care. Which makes it scary to know when he can be so neutral. All he cares about i his own self survival and the level of effort he must apply to achieve something.. when you remove all moral codes, that can be a very vague guideline :wink: Just be thankful he seems largely incapable of holding malicious intent..

I've commented before, whether anybody in the party lives or dies is of no concern to him. He just no longer cares.. and it brings to question how much he values the lives of mortals. But he is not careless mind ya. When he gabbled with the live of another, he was either very certain/inpatient(i.e pressure plates puzzle) or using the most expendable pawn(i.e Darkscale & the door). Consider all things, he is taking risks the most rational way. He even expressed some level of loss(i.e loss of potential, not of life) when one by one the bodyguards fell.. all either by their own feats or unavoidable loss.

I kid you not when I say Nammu has a mental list of all participants rating them from most to least expendable within his own agenda.. with the Baronet being the (subjected) least where as Darkscale is at the most(One eye'd skeever being the exception). Somewhere between SIS and Rosa have been on the rise while Khazi had been reevaluated. It shouldnt be hard to guess why, or to how this influences his views

Still, Nammu's current morality is an odd one, driven by very simple desires. He seems so distant from everybody else, yet with even the smallest of effort he has done great charity(saved that poor skeever, offered words of wisdom/faith) and yet with volatile acts and the shortest of warnings, he has also shown his capability for ruin. Sadly, without going into spoiler territory, I cant reveal more than what has been observed(I will tease tho, he was not always this way)

If you want the most direct answer to his moral standing, I have just the question any character can rely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next