UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: KIRIN's Thunder
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:02 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 14
Maddie got a shiver up her spine that bordered on a full-on shudder. She stood up, gripping the taser in her right hand, and walked to join the others at the plane entrance. When she got there she noticed how cold the device felt in her palm, and with a start realized that in her anxiety she'd been unwittingly absorbing heat from it. She released some energy back into the taser to even it out, and took a deep breath. She was ready to go. As ready as she'd ever be, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
Wallflower chewed on his thumb as he watched everyone come up to the entrance. "So.. Um.. what's like.. the plan?" He asked, zipping up a grey pattern on black hoodie. "Because like... it's your run Sherwood.."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:24 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 12
"If I may suggest an idea and i apologise if this is not my place to speak but if we are entering this place, a small amount of people should try a sneaking option. I feel that i am best suited for it and can spot what some call weaknesses in the area." Dick looked at Sherwood.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:19 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
"Well.. we're already a small group of people.." Wallflower murmured quietly in response to Dick. "So it should be quiet... um no matter what... unless we go in.. erm.. hot."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:42 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 20
Because nothing says stealth like a massive lizard monster. Would he even fit through the door? Viktor kept his thoughts to himself, he was still trying to get Dick in his good graces so he wasn't going to say what he was actually thinking. He slung his rifle across his back. "Well, I was thinking Spectre could ghost in there and look around." said Viktor. "I could set up with the rifle somewhere, assuming there's anywhere to set up. Or I could stay with everyone else, be part of an assault team if we need to storm the place."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:29 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"I feel that I should mention that i am rather good with being sneak despite my size and can hold my own if something went wrong. Maybe, I should go with Spectre in case something goes wrong. I do apologise if my ideas are rather rubbish for the entire idea of working with others as a team is entirely new to me." Dick commented whilst inspected his claws. "But if Sherwood feels that I'm best suited for more nasty options, I will give in to my beastly nature and eat them." He joked to everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Sherwood nodded at Viktor.
“Yeah, I think that will be good. I can let you guys know what's going on at Paul's.”
He looked back at the interior of the plane.

“Do you all want to wait here, or do you want to get a little closer? I think everyone should stay together until I've had a look round, yes? Then people can spread out, if that seems fitting. Alex can probably help to place us to where he thinks will be the best.” He gave a nod to Dick.

Sherwood waited for the group's response.
Wow. This is more exciting than when I did that bungee jump!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:44 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"I am using that nod as a yes to my suggestion of going with you, Sherwood. I feel that i should warn you about my methods. They tend to be rather, what's the word? Go-rey? And it is not in my nature to be, what's the correct term? Mer-sea-ful to people who are my targets." He told Sherwood.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:53 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
“Sorry. The nod was just me acknowledging what you had said.” Sherwood replied to Dick. “I don't think you coming with me would be the best idea - kind of negates the need for me to be a ghost if I have a visible lizard man with me.” Sherwood gave a laugh.

“But once we know what's inside, we can plan then. I mean, there might not even be anyone there. There might be booby-traps or something. I won't set them off but I can look to see if I can spot any. Don't want anyone getting hurt.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:52 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"Then I shall apologise for the misunderstanding. Whilst i feel that i am rather good at being sneaky, i get the feeling that giving in to my rather nasty side is best served for the purpose of our task." Dick told Sherwood. It was a small joke he had about himself. He often got bored in the sewers and playing I See this, which was not a version of I Spy and Dick did not know about, only served him for so long. "I do feel that if we need to dispose of bodies, I can use my natural, what is it called? Dinjesssive system? to our advantage as I am no stranger to devouring the dead if it served to hide my presence. I know this is something that i should not share with humans but i feel that it should be brought up as an action. It also serves as a snack for myself. I believe this is a mere joke and i get the feeling that i should never joke about snacking again. If that is the case, i apologise for it as this hooom-er business is a strange thing to me." Dick told the group.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:42 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
I'm sure I could mix up something in the lab to dissolve bodies. It would be much better than anything he could do, leaving half eaten carcasses all over the place. "Don't get ahead of yourself Dick, if we end up having to kill bad guys we can figure out what to with their bodies afterwards. And no eating any innocent people. Or bad guys we need to talk to. If you do we'll all very upset and you might get in trouble. Then bad things could happen to you, do you understand?" said Viktor, trying to educate the buffoon and get him to follow his orders. He then turned his gaze back to Sherwood. "Go ahead, we'll keep your body safe while you're in there. And I promise not to let Dick eat you." Viktor added with a smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:07 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
"Ha. Yes. Thanks. I would be most distressed if that happened while I was gone." Sherwood said jokingly to Viktor with a grimace. Dick certainly did have a way of being overly gruesome with his suggestions.

"Ok. Here I go! Hopefully I won't be gone long."

Going back into the main interior of the plane, Sherwood sat himself down on one of the chairs. It felt strange to be using his power with other people present. He'd never done that before and it made him feel a little anxious. Still, it wouldn't look like anything unusual to everyone else; nothing more than a man who's fallen asleep.

Getting comfortable, he closed his eyes and began the process of separating his ethereal self from his body.
Taking a few slow, calming breaths, he made himself feel as if he desperately needed to get up from the chair; an urge to rise and move from where he was. He then let himself imagine that he was unable to perform the action that his mind desired to perform, pretending that something was preventing his body from moving from the chair.
It was this conflict of the mind urgently wanting to go somewhere, but the body not fulfilling that want and not following the brain's demand, that would allow his consciousness to travel on its own journey, to act out its desires itself without the need for a physical form.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"Am i right in assuming that it was a threat? If so, i should warn you that i don't like these threats. It was merely a suggestion based on my experience with being hidden. I will admit, i did overlook the parts where i had to chop them into pieces and find a hiding place for the parts that i could not eat but it was rather efficent at times." Dick told Viktor whilst watching Sherwood sit down. "Why would i eat Sherwood when there is no reason to do so?" He inquired.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:26 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
"It's not a threat, Dick, it's just advice. If you aren't careful you get caught, if you get caught bad things can happen. Isn't that why you ended up here in the first place? Instinct can be useful, but you also need to learn to think things through." said Viktor trying to educate Dick and ease any tension.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
The usual clear fog rolled through the world for Sherwood as he left his body, colours stayed the same yet to his ethereal sight he could see sparks flick off at irregular intervals, from previous experimentation he knew they were nothing but colour reflecting through the physical into the ethereal yet he noticed a difference at least here, before the sparks were shapeless, now they are in the form of a inverse 'Y' other than this he could see and hear as he could back in his physical body.

Wallflower and the others didn't notice anything about Sherwood other than him falling asleep. "Yeah Dick.. You should.. erm.. think before.. you, y'know, do anything.. Caution and.. all that stuff.." The KIRIN agent mumbled.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:03 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Sherwood took a glance at his body, as he walked his ethereal self away from the chair. It always creeped him out to see himself like that; it made him feel like he was dead and having that out-of-body experience that people talk about.

As he got to the plane's entrance, he stopped next to where everyone was standing. He waved his arms about and stared at their faces. “Hey, can anyone hear me? See me?”
Sherwood thought it unlikely that they could, but given that they were all Spigots, he wanted to check before he departed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:05 am 

ES Games:
Platform:
"What is this, Thinking, thing you mentioned?" Dick inquired in a deadpan tone in a bid to make a joke about himself. "Is it tasty? If so, would it be apporiate to eat it when i see it?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:04 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Sherwood heard Dirk's words easily yet the same could not be said for any of the other spigots about Sherwood's words or form. "It's like... using your brain and stuff. When you talk without speaking outloud, or talk to just yourself..." Wallflower murmured, never having to explain that before.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:33 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Satisfied that no one could see nor hear him, Sherwood exited the plane.

He walked apprehensively towards Paul's house. Would there be anyone outside? Would there be anyone inside?

As Sherwood got closer, he wondered where his friend actually was. He imagined that he'd either be at KIRIN, or he would be out somewhere for the day, having been told to stay away from his house until KIRIN were done with it.

If all was quiet outside the house, the first thing that Sherwood would do would be to look through the front window. Ghost or not, he still wanted to have a peek before he went inside.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:48 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
"We should get you a voice assisted smartphone that's connected to the internet. You can ask it any questions you have, like what voice assistance is." said Viktor, growing tired of Dick asking for explanation on what ever detail of every day life was. He was worse than a visitor from another planet, at least such a being would able to intuit some things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
"I.. think KIRIN is actually doing internet implants.. like you can access it and feed it directly into your brain.. that could help Dick wouldn't It..?" Wallflower murmured, looking over to where Sherwood would be. "It's fascinating.. right Spigs.. and such..?" He was not good at small talk was he.

The house was quiet outside, when Sherwood peeked in the front window he was greeted by a normal scene. A woman, perhaps in her thirties, plain, not much to look at but for her freckles and her long silvery blond locks furling down to take up most of the couch she sat on, sipping from a fine china cup, Sherwood recognised that as one of the few that Paul had always in a cabinet. Beside her, looking around like a angry animal was a younger man, more late to mid teens with skin tanned enough to show him from one of the sunnier countries. His green glare was centred on the doors, windows. Shaggy brown hair was pushed up, re-spiked by the palm of his hand and some gel. Sharp calm blue red split eyes focused on the body in front of her, just like it was in the video.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:27 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Through the window glass, Sherwood studied the two people he could see inside. They looked like they were waiting, rather, the spiky haired man looked like he was; the woman appeared rather relaxed.

His eyes shifted to the body on the floor. He grimaced at the sight of it. God, it really does look realistic. The thought of the whole scene being real flitted through Sherwood's mind for a moment, before he shook it away.
I hope that blood doesn't stain Paul's carpet. He wouldn't be pleased about that.

Standing up straight, and with a twinge of excitement and butterflies, the ghostly man walked through the wall beside the window. Hopefully, the man and woman would start talking about something interesting that he could report back to the others.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:39 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
"Are you going to explain why we doing what we do?" The younger man asked of the sitting woman. "Perhaps Nazaire, if they ask the right questions." A quiet slurp came as she sipped at her tea. "it's Naz, I'll like it if you call me by that thanks Alessia." He had a small snarl to his tone, moving around aggressively. "I mean this guy was a scumbag, he deserved to die, this guy is his friend right who's to say he didn't help?"

Another sip from the cup and Alessia placed it on the end table. "They did not meet until long after the period of dubious activity started, I doubt he'd wish to bring more people in, in case they blew the whistle."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:17 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Sherwood listened intently, as the two people spoke. When 'Naz' described Paul as a scumbag, he became even more alert. What story were they going to tell, that justified calling him such a thing?

It suddenly dawned on Sherwood that the woman and man must have known that he was there, to a degree. It seemed unlikely that they would be talking about the made up facts when no one was there to hear them.
Ah. It must be Hack. He must be sending signals to these guys, letting them know what's happening with the group. That's why he joined us. Sneaky.

Sherwood continued to listen to Alessia and Naz, whilst also starting to look around the room they were in, for paperwork or any items of interest. Boobytraps appeared unlikely, but he glanced around for any wires at the doorways.
He made a deliberate effort to neither walk near or look at the body on the floor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:04 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
"It is. I've always been more focused on bio-augmentation than cybernetic augmentation but both are worth endeavours." said Viktor. He looked the kid up and down, trying to judge what he'd be like in a fight. "You staying here when we go in? Because if the people who killed Spectre's friend are still in there I'm probably going to find a vantage point and cover the windows with my rifle. Dick can go in and be the muscle. But if you aren't up for a fight you should stay here, we don't want you risking your life for no reason."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next