UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Persona: Shadows of the Mind
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:17 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
Kieran breathed out. "okay good.. I thought I was going nuts." He grumbled. "Worst sleep I've ever had but what was up with all that?" He pointedly chose to ignore the man lick his toffee cream in public.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:47 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 14
Brendan

"Yeah, no kidding," Brendan said. "I mean, I was the one who had my subconscious show me my worst fears and then turn into a giant... monster thing." He paused, briefly unsure of where to take the conversation from there. "But I guess, uh," he finally continued, "There's not much to do now except wait and see if it happens again, right?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:43 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
Makoto looked a little bit deflated, watching him talk about his dream... Something she had remembered just as well as he had. "...I hope it doesn't. You're acceptin' this pretty easily, even though you had it pretty bad." She was glad that she didn't have to deal with that herself, however. The dreams were weird enough, she didn't need monsters made out of creepy versions at herself. "I don't think I've seen you in school yet..."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:24 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Keira

"Yeah, us too. We don't know. We were thinking of asking the little guy in the 'Velvet Room' more about everything. He owes us that. It's not cool that he just expects us to do want he wants without explaining anything to us." Keira answered Kieran.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:33 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Brendan

Brendan shrugged. "I guess the way I see it," he said, "if we assume it's real and we're wrong, then too bad, we took some weird dreams a bit too seriously. But if we assume it's not real and we're wrong, then we could be, like, legitimately killed or something, from not being cautious enough. I dunno."

In response to her second point, he went on, "Should we have seen each other? I'm in second year, what about you?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:28 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 13
The Daily Grind

Euthalia turned about after receiving her order and looked at the table with a slowly congregating group of teenagers. She smiled and stepped over softly, giving a slight wave before uttering a greeting. "Hey there, little darlings. Having fun after school?" she asked.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:15 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
She grumbled. "How could a dream kill us?" She shook her head... It seems like he'd moved on from the topic already. "I'm a Senior... I dunno, I just thought I'd see you, or something." She folded her arms, watching him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:06 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 12
The Daily Grind - Meeting of the Minds

Oscar Nigel Tarinson continued to sample his drink as Kiera brought Kieran up to speed on it. "It sounds like he's the kind of prick that loves to [&@%!] with people just for fun." Oscar Nigel Tarinson remarked having made a bit of a dent in his drink and had eaten enough of the cream to allow him to begin to carefully drink it. He looked at the singer for a few seconds after she spoke to the table. "I suppose." He remarked before focusing back on his drink without caring about her status. To him, all people were the same and he had no reasons to have friends or family. They would stab him in the back sooner or later thus by eliminating friends and family, he could avoid being stabbed in the back by someone he personally trusted.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Brendan

Brendan shrugged. "You see tons of people all the time that you don't know," he said, gesturing to the passers-by at the gateway, "Who's to say one of them wasn't me? You wouldn't have remembered seeing me, since I was just another rando walking by."

He paused with a thoughtful look, then continued - "I guess, though, maybe you have a point, 'cause I probably would have remembered seeing you, with the... you know." He pointed to his eye on the side where Makoto sported her eye patch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Makoto felt her face go a little red once the eye patch was mentioned, looking away for a second before looking back up at him. "Maybe I did see you... I don't think after I could just ignore you guys after that dream." Although, she had planned to. Fate is very cruel.

She blinked, thinking for a second. "Errrm... I hope I'm not keeping you from anything."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Keira - The Daily Grind

"Hi. Sure. We're just discussing the psychological and philosophical impact of dreams." Keira replied to Euthalia with a small smile and slight turn of the head.
She didn't really like that the three of them had been referred to as 'little darlings' and thought the woman's whole sentence made it sound like she thought of them as little kids. Keira hoped her response would show otherwise.

"You're Euthalia Nova, right? I've heard your music."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:19 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
The Daily Grind

Euthalia smirked at Keira, oblivious that she was doing offense by referring to them diminutively. "They've got ya on that mess already, yeah? Well, things never change. Good to see you're all getting a head start on it."

She then tucked a strand of her hair back (a task that took an almost uncomfortably long amount of time given its length) and winked. "Yeah, that's me! I graduated from Horizon a few years back, thought I'd drop back in the old haunt. Does me good to hear that my work's getting around the place after how long I've been gone!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:49 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Keira - The Daily Grind

Keira look puzzled for a moment, before realising that what she had said they were discussing must be an actual topic that comes up in one of school's classes. She wondered if it would crop up in her psych class.

"Oh, I didn't know you went to Horizon too. That's cool." She replied to Euthalia.
"I guess you're one of its most famous alumni, maybe."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
UESPoints: 9
Maria - The Daily Grind

After classes, Maria wearily made her way to the coffee shop. Though she typically went straight home after school, today she was especially tired and in need of a pick-me-up. Giovanni's at a friend's house overnight, and the other three have their after school program, so I've got some time to relax. Homework can wait. I doubt I'd be able to focus on it, anyway; I need more time to think over last night. I swear, I must be going insane.

She was caught off guard by what she saw when she walked in the door; local celebrity Euthalia Nova was there, but what interested her more was the group of people she was talking to. One, two three, three of the people from last night. There's no way those three would sit together because they're all best friends; they barely talked in the waiting room. They must be here because of what happened... So I wasn't the only one who dreamed that! Wait, no, if we all experienced the same thing, was it really a dream...? Whatever, the point is, I'm not just going crazy.

"Oh, Keira, you're here! I've been wanting to talk with you." She paused, realizing that the other girl was mid-conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Keira - The Daily Grind

As she spoke to Euthalia, Keira's eye noticed Maria approaching the table.
Whoah! Another one! This is so weird.

"Hey, Maria!" She smiled broadly.
"Yeah, us too. Pull up a chair."

Keira turned back to the musician.
"It was nice to meet you, Euthalia. Hope you have a fun visit. Maybe see you around?"
On a normal day, she would have been happy to chat more. But not today; today there were much more important things going on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:03 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
James Cothran

Despite the pain in his body, it was an excited James that stumbled out of bed and in front of the nearest mirror that morning. However, he was disappointed to find that no mutation or superpower had manifested itself. As far as he could tell, the only noticeable difference was the new voice in his head which, while shocking at first, he quickly adjusted to.

As he dozed off, or attempted to do so, during his classes, James resolved to seek out the other students who had appeared in his dream the night before. Maybe they'd figured out how their new superpowers worked.

It had been his intention to ambush one of them by the school gates, but he'd got distracted talking to some acquaintances and had completely forgotten about his resolution until nearly everyone had already mulled out. Bummed out due to his critical failure, he'd decided that the only thing that could cheer him up was a genuine sticky bun with extra stickiness. Thus, the Daily Grind was a logical (and convenient) destination.

Upon entering the Daily Grind, James caught sight of Keira, Maria, and Oscar sitting around their table. He walked towards them briskly, completely oblivious to the local celebrity and not even bothering to keep his voice down, "Yo, dream people! Wassup?!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:49 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
The Daily Grind - ONT

Oscar Nigel Tarinson was not concerned for the celebrity but he did secretly admit to himself that she was quite good looking as he focused on devouring the main obstacle of his drink before proceeding to drink it. "More?" He uttered as others came to their table. He was not used to being near this many people that had the likely chance of wanting to speak to him with the even more likely chance of him actually wanting to discuss something with them. It was turning out to be quite the interesting trip. "Oh for [&@%!]'s sake." He was a bit louder then he intended but hearing James's voice did [&@%!] him off. "Tell the entire [&@%!] place whilst you're at it!" He snapped at James. "But seeing as this is now a [&@%!] gathering for this social aspect i've heard so much about, i suppose we ought to introduce each other or be the awkward [&@%!] that we dream of at night." He was unaware of how it could come off and to be frank, he wouldn't care.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:38 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
UESPoints: 9
Maria - The Daily Grind

At Keira's invitation, Maria smiled and grabbed a chair from a nearby table. She sat next to the other girl, positioning herself as far away from the boorish redhead as possible.

She listened as Keira finished her conversation with Euthalia, all the while looking disapprovingly at Oscar's version of drinking a coffee. James' mention of "dream people" pulled her out of her silent critique, and she looked up to see him approaching the table. Waiting until the initial outburst was over, she welcomed the newcomer in a quieter tone. "Hey, I'm guessing that you want to discuss last night as well? Funny how this worked out, with us all being here. Take a seat; the more points of view we have, the better."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:56 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Brendan

Brendan shrugged. "Not really, but I guess I was heading back to my dorm," he said. "So I guess... see you around." With a knowing glance, he turned to walk away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:13 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
The Daily Grind

Euthalia blinked slowly at the garnering group of kids. "Err... right." she mumbled, quite awkwardly. "Well, I tell you what. I've got to head out, this was supposed to be a pretty short stop. If you're interested though, I'm doing a show over the weekend. Gig's in Tartan Square, open for minors and free admission. Give 'em these and you can poke around backstage if you like." she mentioned as she placed a handful of ticket stubs on the table, produced from a jacket pocket.

"Didn't mean to keep you, but it's nice to see the students here are still nice as ever. Maybe I'll see the lot of you around!" the singer said as she gathered herself to leave.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Keira

Keira shuffled her chair a little to make some space for Maria to tuck hers in.

At the arrival of the indiscrete James, she gave a little laugh of amazement that yet another person from the night before had joined the group.

Keira gave a grateful smile after Euthalia laid down the tickets.
"Cool, thanks! That's real generous of you."
She took a ticket stub and dropped it into her bag.
"Sure. See you later!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:04 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
The Daily Grind - Oscar Nigel Tarinson

"I may court you." Oscar Nigel Tarinson informed Euthalia after she gave the small group tickets to her concert and realised what he just said out loud. His eyes widened in alarm as it dawned on him the implications. He had meant to thank her but it seemed that his heart decided to seize control. "I mean, Thank you for the tickets. I apologise for my court remark as that is not my intention. Not that I wouldn't because you are good looking. Wait, I mean good looking in a neutral sense and not the perverted sense. Er... I mean, you are good looking and worthy of the best materials and affections humanity has to offer. I er...." It was at this point, he knew he had [&@%!] up. "Er... ah, I er...." His cheeks began to match the colour of his hair. "I mean, [&@%!]. Sorry, It's just that you have the appearance of a goddess and..." It seemed he was digging himself into a deeper hole. It showed on his face that he was utterly crap and was midly having a bit of a panic about what he was saying along with failing to control the situation. He elected to stare at the cup in a bid to avoid making the situation worse.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:50 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
The Daily Grind

"I've got a girlfriend, but thank you!" called Euthalia as she left the establishment.

With that, the cafe was largely silent as far as conversation went; the omnipresent sound of shuffling around the kitchen and espresso was more background noise than anything, and it was clear that the three brothers staffing the cafe were hard at work and not listening to the students.

Parvati, however, had heard quite a bit; James' greeting stood out, of course

Before any of the real discussion could begin, each of the students save for Parvati received simultaneous phone notifications.

Academy Gates

Brendan and Makoto received notifications on their phones.

Max

As Max went about his sullen business, his phone dinged, indicating a text message.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Keira - The Daily Grind

Keira winced at the awkwardness of Oscar's fumbling speech. She bit her lip to suppress an amused smile.

She looked at her bag when she heard her phone, then glanced around in surprise in hearing others' phones doing the same.
"Ooo, paging the doctors!" She joked over the oddity.

Finding her phone, Keira checked the message.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:54 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
Max - Rock Bottom
After staring into space for another minute, Max slowly pulled out his phone and checked to see who'd texted him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next