UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: I did not experience the Marriage Glitch when I got Married
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:51 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I'm not sure why or how but I did not experience the Marriage glitch with Lydia dying the moment you try to get Married your first time.

My system is XBOX 360 my current character is a Female Altmer Mage/Enchanter/Alchemist/Smith

I married the Ghorbash The Iron Handed from the Orc stronghold Dushnikh Yal in The Reach

Prior to this I had request Lydia to follow me when I was around lvl 40 and instead of having her fight I had her carry many of my alchemy ingredients since I had so many they overwelmed me. I Dragged her all the way to Markarth so I could deposit my ingredients there and took the stuff I planted on her off of her. Then I had her follow me all the way back to Whiterun right back to my house and then I told her to part ways in which she went right back to sitting on the chair that overlooks my bed in my whiterun bedroom.

Couple days later when I went to the Dushnikh Yarl stronghold and got Ghorbash to agree to marry me, I went to riften and forgot something nice to wear so I searched high and low for something nice to wear but couldn't find anything and the smith didn't have the ingredients I needed to craft my own glass/elven armor so I ended up just buying some enchanted elven armor from him since the Fine Clothing disgusts me in appearance. I slept for about 2 hours in the bee and barb then I waited over 12 hours till the dawn of the next day to which I immiedtly went into and got Married. Right when I said my vows everyone left. No Marriage glitch. Although I had to travel all the way back to the orc stronghold to retrieve my new husband which included waiting since I got there too early in the morning for them to come out and while waiting I got attacked by a Frost Dragon that ended up attacking the stronghold I killed it the first time and everyone was cowering in terror then I reloaded and killed it a second time before I was able to speak to my new husband, who previously was one of the ones cowering in terror, and made him go to my Markarth home.

Also the Frost Dragon in question is still a whole dragon, though dead, skin and scales and all. I currently have 25 dragon souls on my person and I need to spend them on shouts, it appears that 25 souls is the max souls you can have at one time so you being dragon born can stand next to a dragon and it not dissolve for some reason....

Post subject: Re: I did not experience the Marriage Glitch when I got Marr
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I to had some die and did not havw it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:14 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
Bethesda CLAIMED they could issue "live updates" through manipulation of the "data table". When did you both attempt it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:22 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
I have not been online with this game since I got it on the 11th at midnight. Because of issues with my provider's box thing. Works fine on computer but if my boyfiend fixes it to work with the xbox then it stops working for the computer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:22 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
I don't think they've done anything the version numbers on haven't changed from 1.1.20.0 and I'd think something would change in that if any updates were made.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I dont ahave internet to my 360 so its not that

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
Maybe Lydia only dies if your character is male? Or if you have her following her instead of dismissing her?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]