UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: Weight limit, what weight limit?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:12 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Does 1,400% capacity seem a little unrealistic? Maybe Bethesda ought to put a weight\movement cap in place :) I went through the Dwarven Ruins in Markath and hit the museum before returning to the main screen. I knew I was going to be overloaded for most of the level after I hit 800\300 pretty early on. By the end of it I was at more than 4,200\300. Fights were a little complicated given I moved like a pregnant Hutt so I had to refight a few several times. When I converted my Dwarven goodies to ingots I had over 500. Guess I won't be needing to do another dungeon crawl for that type. I had thought each source created 1 ingot, like iron - most of the other resources are 2:1, but given I don't think I had 500 sources I'm guessing it's better than 1:1.

Post subject: Re: Weight limit, what weight limit?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I honestly rather be able to run around than be overloaded like that

I dump all my inventory between each mission

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:47 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Its a thing you the player decide, some would rather move fast but not get as much fat lewts, some would rather be uber slow but LOOT ALL THE LEWTZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:24 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
I think a limit would have been reasonable in this circumstance. There is a point where it just gets unrealistic, besides the inability to run, and it simply becomes exploiting the system. I like the fact that they have removed over-encumbrance as far as being rendered immobile, but realism starts to take a walk when you can carry 1,400% of your max Carry Weight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:27 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:52 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Well admittedly, lugging around multiple sets of amour and weapons is unrealistic, but the game wouldn't function without some concessions on this front, however the key word there is some.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Meh. You wanna abuse the system, feel free. That's your choice. I really don't care. Doesn't seem fun to me though, so...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:00 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
I steal all the things... but i have a follower to carry my heavy stuff and since i only carry maybe 65lbs of stuff on a normal basis (cause i dont carry 12 weapons and 1000 peices of armor)

i usually sell the stuff i get from a dungeon immediatly so i dont have to worry about it later.

-Sonix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:15 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Hmm, response seems to have gotten lost in cyberspace. Anyhow, I prefer staying under the 300Kg limit - speed is life, but as I wanted a few Dwemer ingots and quickly blew my 300Kg limit I figured I might as well stripmine the place. Never realised I'd end up with so many!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:53 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I don't think there's anything wrong with exploiting a faulty system, per se, as far as, it isn't the players fault that Bethesda did not place a limit. I personally will stay below my Max Carry Weight limit so that I can still move as normal, but I don't blame people for racking up thousands of whatever unit of measure Skyrim uses in items/loot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:20 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 7
I am a bit of a hoarder, so I find myself encumbered a lot, but I either pawn some of it off to a companion, or dump it into a chest and come back for it. I never really go anywhere if I am over the carry limit though, just because it is unbearable slow. I've gotten better though about gearing myself out before a quest or exploration, and try to keep my weight at around 60-70, so I can haul back some good stuff. Does everyone follow the weight to profit ratio rule? I find that be a lifesaver sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Generally I follow it, but I tend to take as much as possible, so it only really comes into play when I have to leave something behind, not so much when looting. I've watched people who only take really expensive loot or loot that they plan on using, and I always get a funny feeling watching them leave behind piles of money in the form of weapons they have no interest in or armour that falls outside their Armour skill.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:49 am 
Associate
Associate

This is why I try to always have a trusty and faithful companion, like Lydia. Just point her at some stuff, or if I load up on a bunch in a short while I just drop some stuff and have her deal with it. Sure I still have been storing various things in various locations, but this little 'exploit' is too good to pass on. :mrgreen:

Doesn't hurt that she can draw some enemy attention away at the most crucial of times as well. I'm beginning to have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for her. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:47 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I've not bothered with a companion. Why grab an NPC who's only going to get in the way and die?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:43 pm 
Associate
Associate

Because she hasn't died on me yet. A (somewhat) formidable fighter with limitless pockets. What's not to like about that? Makes those dungeon crawls that much easier. I shouldn't say she is always there, as I do leave her behind for various reasons, but there is no reason to not have one tag along occasionally. There have been times I have had to leave things behind that would have proved useful and/or valuable after the fact.

I will agree that they can get in the way and become a nuisance, but I find the positives outweighing the negatives.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:07 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Followers can definitly get in the way and due to some bad AI they can get stuck (I had to travel back through a dungeon to find my companion when I realised I was missing something :roll:).

They won't die however, you have to be the one killing them for them to die.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 pm 
Associate
Associate

Yeah, it took me a minute to come to the conclusion that I had to kill her. I figured the one time she did die was because there was so much going on that she must have been hit by the mass of enemies one too many times. Suppose I contributed to that. =P

Haven't had her get stuck yet, but did forget that I left her waiting somewhere. Figured she died, but then when I got back to Whiterun she was there, in her sexy gear. ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]