UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
 Post subject: Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that's happened to
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:34 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
My daughter has been playing - I'm so proud. Anyway, last week she completed Herma-Mora's quest and scored the Infinium and chatted with the Wretched Abyss. On her way out of the ice cave, she asked me if there would be any fine for stealing ingredients and stuff. I'm like, "Serana don't care, and that dude got Daedric'd into an ash pile. Help yourself."

So, she did.

This week she took care of the business in the Forgotten Vale and put a couple of Sunhallowed Arrows up Lord Harkon's nose, finishing off that DLC's main line of quests. She then decided to get cured of her vampirism. Outside of Morthal, in the middle of her purification ritual, a trio of hired thugs show up looking for revenge. She's trying to fight as the screen is going black, then all there was were the sounds of chaos breaking loose.
"Dad! Help!"
I walk in and start laughing as she's uselessly trying to transform into a VL while fending off thugs and mudcrabs. Serana is filling the air with electricity, and the court wizard is killing her horse. I helped her calm down and get control of the situation (basically one good shout and a few sword swings along with a calm spell on the horse) and had her search the bodies.
"So, who'd you offend enough to want you dead?"

Contract:
"Here is the agreed upon amount. I trust you to faithfully carry out my request to teach a lesson to the thief Galvanna. You need not kill her, but I have no qualms about it if you deem it necessary.
--Septimus Signus "

:o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:27 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 3
Hahahah! That's a masterpiece @Imbalance
Also, I always find it hilarious when a child sends hired thugs to get you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:49 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:05 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 5
I got caught on the prickly end of some friendly fire today. Had Jenassa along as a follower when I was attacked by a skeever. I swung with a sword while Jenassa took a shot with her bow, the skeever between us. Naturally, my blade hit the skeever first and swatted the critter aside-- whereupon Jenassa's arrow hit me. Took a sizable chunk of health away with that one shot.

In my past experience an arrow from a friendly wouldn't register as a hit if it landed on your character. This time, it did.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:07 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I got a double glitch today. First, when I entered the Ivarstead Inn, Lydia killed a man there apparently without any provocation. She just attacked him on sight and he was dead in two strikes. When that happened again after a reload, I just let it be since the killed NPC was nobody important.

A bit after that I went to Whiterun and entered Dragonsreach. You can imagine I was bit surprised when everybody inside, including the Jarl and Proventus, went crazy at the first glimpse of me and attacked en masse! My character was dead in an eye-blink. The same thing happened after two reloads.

So, off to Google to get some help. Turned out someone else had had almost the same thing happening to him: Lydia striking someone she shouldn't have (in his case accidentally) and afterwards everyone in Dragonsreach getting hostile.

The cure was apparently to commit a small crime, then pay the fine. Well, I punched Olfina Gray-Mane to the kisser in the middle of the marketplace, since she happened to be the nearest NPC (plus I don't like her), then paid the 40 gold. That actually worked and the Jarl's court didn't want to kill me anymore. Apparently this was related to Lydia having bounty from the killing or getting kicked out of the Wihiterun faction due to the said killing.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, it's too bad I didn't try to fight and see how many of the court I could kill (or are they essential?) before succumbing. That would have been an epic fight, to be sure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:25 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 8
with my char only essential would be left kneeling and everybody else dead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I killed riften residents in solitude during a dark brotherhood mission and it said bounty in rift even though I'm in Solitude committing a crime.

Taaerie and her sister say you're not suppose to be in here even though their damn store is opened and no matter what time during the day i go inside there they still say that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Often, Lydia will become stuck in the running animation. It got annoying to the point that to fix her I had to Shout at her to reset her character.

I switched her to Mjoll.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:25 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Well, I don't rightly know if this was a glitch or what, but strange nonetheless. I was harvesting some mudcrab souls near Halted Stream Camp. It was broad daylight and sunny. When I was done killing two crabs, I realized an NPC was standing on the edge of the pond, watching me with her arms crossed. When I got closer, I realized it was a female vampire, wearing the armor and all! She wasn't hostile, though, so I tried speaking to her. There was only the "This person is busy"-notification in the screen corner. She started to run towards Whiterun stables and I followed just to see where she would go. After circling Whiterun from the south side and a few detours of some dozens of meters, the vampire ascended the path leading to the Shimmermist Cave. She entered, and I followed. After I got inside, there she was again, but now hostile. She attacked me and I killed her.

The whole thing was rather spooky, like the vampire was trying to lead me to some dark cave to ambush me. I'm not aware of such a random encounter, though. So I assume it's a bug. Maybe the vampires vs bandits encounter glitched somehow near me or something. Anyone had something similar happening in their game?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:41 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 10
^ Nice. Skyrim is cool even when it glitches out. :D

Pretty sure I have seen a few lone "This person is busy" non-hostile vampires running around Skyrim. Can't remember whether it was day or night though. I think at the time I just assumed it was the 'Vigilants of Stendarr chase a vampire' encounter gone a bit wrong but who knows...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:50 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Not sure if this counts as a glitch, but if you manage to jump on top of a firefly you can actually ride its back for a while before you fall off

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:46 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 4985
Every single NPC started floating slightly or were stuck mid-walk for a while. I managed to fix it, but it broke half of Windhelm before I reloaded.

Thought for the day:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
I encountered a Dunmer thief near Silverdrift Lair, and managed to persuade her that I was destitute. Nevermind that I've only ever made that check, like, one other time, but what's weird here is how she threatened that I "better get out of here," then proceeded to flee. I dunno why, but I chased her. She ran south, killed a tiger, and ended up at Loreius Farm. She's been tending the vegetables ever since.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:56 am 
Layman
Layman

I’m a vampire with four 13% fortify Alteration pieces of attire and I’m using detect life in Whiterun with 0 magicka during daylight hours.

I was expecting the spell to stop being cast when my magicka hit 0 but it’s running endlessly. Great for Alteration training!
Strangely when the sun goes down and the magicka regeneration starts, the spell stops!

I’ve reloaded the save and it’s not a one off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:53 am 
Associate
Associate

I conduct interviews at my workplace, and when I ask technical questions, I occasionally get amusing responses. I once inquired, "What is active directory?" I had to cut my camera because I was laughing so hard that I almost burst out laughing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:44 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
I remember a long time ago, when I entered Sven and Hilde's house, I immediately fell through a blue, infinite void that seemed to emerge from the floor. I then continued to fall through their ceiling. It was definitely a 'WTF' moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52