UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that's happened to
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:32 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I just got a glitch in the the Companion quest the Silver Hand where the barred door opened normally and the door bar was still closed.

I probably stood there wondering what had just happened for 2 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
My last playthrough has been chock-full of weird and funny glitches.A couple days back I went to castle Volkihar to turn a quest in and as I was walking down the stairs I saw Orthjolf holding a sword with a strange hilt infront of his face (think ).I was like "wtf...I never saw something like this before" so I approached to get a better look but before I got all the way he proceeded to shove the sword in his mouth and out the back of his skull.

" :shock:........................................................................................................................................................... ....................................:lol: "

After inspecting more closely it turned out that what I perceived as being a strange sword was in fact just a regular steel sword glitched into a silver cup and Orthjolf's little circus act was just a normal drinking animation :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Some great new posts on this thread,
esp; J'sarji and Mefris. Oooo freaky.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:42 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 14
Never had this happen to me before :lol: I'm fighting a Draugr Deathlord inside of a ruin, he's using a bow while I'm dodging and trying to lure him into a trap. Well I get fed up with him :wat: so I went and preformed a full strength cyclone shout... he went flying just as I expected.. what I did not expect is him to land near and edge.. dangle by his feet.. and remain in a ragdoll state just meters off the ground.

What do I do, may you ask? I pulled out my 2-handed weapon and proceeded to hit him like some pinata :lol: I mean, what else was I going to do? Leave him there? Hell no, I want that loot! I swear, I wished I had a working phone to catch it, would of been perfect for this month's CoTM. To make matters even more grand, his dead body is still hanging.. I think his foot clipped into the surface despite actively being suspended

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Here's a couple glitches I've encountered.
This guy was trapped in a shut gate.. jiggling creapily.. Whenever I opened it he remain 'impailed' in it.

I went to Whiterun to sell some loot and found the Skyforge floating on an invisible land mass. Also noticed a chest below, also floating. I wanted to loot this chest, but then discovered Eorlund had fallen to his death, so I decided to reload a previous save.

Edit: Man I don't get any rest from these glitches. I was in Volunruud fighting draugr deathlord whenever he shouted at me, as he shouted I was performing a killing blow which resulted in a kill cam. As soon as he died there was a special cam showing his shout throwing my body. After I stood up the camera angle remained the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxCohAK ... ata_player

I discovered that going to the map screen changed my camera pov depending on my character's position. I thought if I could get myself to the exit and go outside it would reload my camera's normal perspective. So slowly but surely I worked my way to the exit, pausing to update my camera's view. I went outside and it wasnt fixed... so I had to reload my autosave from entering. :p aw well.

"My starkest madness seeming is divinest sense. Come! Grasp the chain, and prove you're sane!" -Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:31 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Le me, strolling around Kynesgrove, minding my own business...

I got bored and went to the Inn to see if there are any interesting bounty jobs to be found and ran straight into Kjeld who was standing behind the door. I got spooked because half of my body was melted into his, so I turned around to leave. Next thing I saw was Kjeld zooming into the picture from left to right in mid-air, then he dropped and died instantly. I looked at the scene for some seconds, wondering, when suddenly a courier ran up the hill and handed me 100 gold and a letter of inheritance. Wow, that was fast. Could someone do a mod for UPS, please?

Le me, wandering the plane fields near Whiterun, thinking of no evil...

Just in the middle of nowhere a Mammoth dropped from the sky and walked away - like a boss.

Le me, getting bored after a dragon fight, pushing around its remains with firebolts, having just installed "dead body collision", killing every creature that got hit by the skeleton in one single hit - even Mammoths.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:22 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I went to Balimunds and interupted his sharpening of a sword so i go to sit down as he go up and stands on my head while Im sharpening my sword.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:48 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Here is a strange one. I have a lot of Skyrim saves, all from the same character. My daughter, when she plays, loads random saves. She was playing one of my early saves and came across a werewolf. I thought that was odd, I haven't came across one before. I went up to it and it was Sinding. I thought that was cool and was thinking maybe I could kill him before he kills that little girl in Falkreath. I checked the quest screen to make sure I hadn't started the quest but I had. The weirdest part is that I completed it, and skinned him. Yet hes alive and wandering around. Weird.

"My starkest madness seeming is divinest sense. Come! Grasp the chain, and prove you're sane!" -Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:09 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
^
That happened to me too. It was on my very first character, Dunmer called Slythe. He was traveling through Helgen when he wan across this familiar looking werewolf. Sinding was very polite and greeted him with something like "Good day to you"... and Slythe was like "Well, good day to you too sir but I kind of killed and skinned you so what the hell are you doing here?"
Weird indeed :S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:10 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
^^ He was right outside of Helgen for me as well. Weird.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:39 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Solstheim, Thirsk Mead Hall.
Went in to talk to the Blacksmith, he was in bed.
I started talking to him and he stood up, and was then inside the wall.(still talking)
He layed back down on the bed.(outside the wall again)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:42 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 7
Serana becomes a star of the Matrix

While Felina tracked a pair of trolls, she noticed that Serana had been missing for some time. She drew her crossbow and heard Serana shuffle her spells. But the ex vampire was nowhere around.

Felina attacked the trolls, and in front of her, Serana rose up from underneath the snow firing off spells. She flew through the air, legs extended in front of her, as she continued battling the trolls. Felina just stood there, blown away by the stupidity of it all.

The most hilarious glitch I've ever seen. My husband and I both had a good laugh over it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:28 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
More fun with Dark Brotherhood assassins and the Paralyze spell... I posted a similar one once before. Last time, the spell sent the assassin flying clear across the big canyon in The Reach.

This time, it was on the road to Rorikstead. Jess and Aela encounter an assassin, so as usual, I wait for the assassin to launch into the dual-wielding flurry and hit it with Paralyze. The assassin goes flying, bouncing all over the place, off of boulders, the ground, the sky. It must have gone on at least 15 seconds and I started wondering if it was ever going to stop. And the whole time, Aela was firing arrows at it and missing, and I'm thinking "Stop shooting at it! I have to look for all those arrows!"

Because one of my OCD habits in Skyrim is to look for the arrows from missed shots.

Finally, the assassin died right next to Aela, who stared down at the body. I don't know if it died from hitting the ground too hard or if Aela finally hit it with an arrow.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:38 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
The worst glitch with Skyrim for me is there is some odd limitation with the number of gems allowed in a room. Even with a fully patched unmodded game if you spawn 400ish gems the game will crash, but you can spawn 1000s of cheese wheels or highly complex weapons.

This puts a hurt on my ability to have huge hordes of gems...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:10 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
snail's pace, I want to see that effect. Can you get a permanent paralyze spell?
Back on topic:
On the Dainty Sload for a quest. Had to talk to the captain/pirate. She had an indicator arrow near the mast, but I could not see her. Ran all around the deck, could hear her talking.
Anyway, she was inside the mast, and talking away. Her sword peeked out, otherwise she was completely hidden.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:05 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
This isn't a Skyrim glitch, per se, but it did make me giggle.

I was walking on the main road to Riften, in a forested area, when I see a vampire being chased by a Vigilant of Stendarr. Interested, I follow them. Eventually the Vigilant drops the chase, but the vampire kept running, so I ran after her to see what she'd do.

After a few minutes of running around in the forest, she shouts "Enough already!" and just at that moment my GPU derps out and fills the screen with bizarre coloured lines.

A reaload fixed the problem, and while normally that sort of thing would annoy me, I couldn't stop laughing because of how it looked like the vampire did it to get me to stop chasing her (which it did, heh).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
In windstad manor's hallway, Valdimar missed the chair and was sitting -inside- of a endtable... Now that was weird sight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
I had a glitch where everytime i fast traveled Anska would appear next to me...everytime.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
That one day I walked out of Jorrvaskr to mix some potions at Arcadia's. I didn't make it down to the market, though, because my character completely ignored the stairs which lead down from the Gildergreen to the market. She continued to walk in a straight line through the air.

She could walk over the houses...

... and even over the city wall out of town

I have no idea what caused this, because a couple of NPCs walked by during the incident, and they used the stairs as they should. In the end I reloaded the autosave from the moment when I'd left Jorrvaskr, and then my character behaved normally again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:13 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I keep having a body (not a skeleton) of a dead dragon materialize in Solitude right by the Bard's College (inventory is searchable but empty). The people selling food and drinks for the burning of the effigy of the king were standing half inside it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:10 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Kagrumez trials:
I was doing the trials and nothing would come out and attack me. I had to send Demora lords up into the storage holes then use a shout to make the dwemer mad so the demora lord would attack and kill it. This took forever and made getting it completed tuff never had this happen before. Also made recovering any stuff from kills impossible.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
What's wrong in this picture?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:37 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I was walking in Whiterun, near the Gildergreen, when I thought I saw a decapitated head rolling towards me. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was Olava the Feeble, buried neck-deep in the ground, but walking as if she were above ground. Much laughs were heard.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:23 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Just... this:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:55 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I recently attempted to complete the Forgotten Names quest and could not find the 4 rings I had put into my chest in the Archmage's quarters. I spent over an hour fast travelling to all the homes I own in case I had put them somewhere else. Alas no luck..... Unfortunately I don't keep every save and ended up having to go back 5 levels to an earlier save. It turns out that they wee inded in the chest at the Archmage's quarters,so why did they disappear? This has also happened with some of my weapons/armor that was stored in chests in homes I own........very strange.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next