UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Atronach Forge
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:26 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
"Deep inside the lost catacombs of Winterhold College" you will find the atronach forge. Anyone who purchased the strategy guide has probably read up on the forge, and got pretty excited.

Now there isn't a lot of helpful information out on the web yet because of how young Skyrim is. But I bet a lot of people have had this question, and hopefully this post will satisfy their google searches. I'm guessing not all of us who've read the little excerpt about how "adding the sigil stone to the forge will allow you to create more powerful Daedric weapons" understood the true meaning of that passage.

Before you trek Skyrim in search of a Daedra heart, Dwemer Centurion core, and black soul gem to transform your ebony weapon into a Daedric one (like I did), make sure you've first completed the Conjuration Spell Ritual quest. Because without the sigil stone, the forge can really only make Atronaches, Atronach spell tomes, and Atronach staves. To complete the above mentioned quest, requires 90 conjuration. It took me a while (and a lot of page flipping in the book) to figure all of this out, and why my ebony bow refused to become Daedric. When the book says that "upon placement of the stone, the forge can create more powerful Deadric weapons," what it means is the forge can create Deadric weapons.

tl;dr

How do you make Daedric weapons in the Atronach Forge?

You do the College of Winterhold radiant (post main quest-quest) quest, Conjuration spell ritual. It will require you to have 90 conjuration. So it might be more proficient to simply find or forge your own Daedric items. Unless conjuration is one of your higher skills!

Post subject: Re: Atronach Forge
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:51 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I heard you leik spoiler tags so I put some spoiler tags in your spoiler tags so you cant spoil while you dont spoil, luckly I already found this thing so no spoilers for me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
Sorry I didn't know how to put spoiler tags on things. That was my first post, and I just wanted to help out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
First off, to forge Daedric Weapons and Armour you need Leather, Ebony and Daedra Hearts, plus the Daedric Smithing Perk. The Atronach Forge will not help you in this endeavour.

However, you can bypass this and use the Forge to upgrade Ebony items to Daedric quality, by using the Ebony item, a Daedra Heart, a Black Soul Gem and a Centurion Core. There are also some other recipes, but as a general rule, that is how you use the Forge to get Daedric gear.

Edit: wait, I see, this is a guide. I read it, and the question at the end threw me, until I re-read it. You might want to make that clearer.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]