UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How do I do all the main quests?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:48 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
I want to have as much fun with Daggerfall as possible and I want to see all the quests and interactions. But I hear that doing some quests will block others or that doing some will make people not like me and so on.

So what order should I do the quests? I found this list: http://www.uesp.net/dagger/hints/walkthro.shtml but at the same time the UESP said that I should do the the werebeast quests before myniseras letters and so on.

What do I do? Could someone send me a quest map or just give me a list of them in order, yeah it's less fun, but this game is a bit awkward when it comes to FINDING quests, I just want story and dungeon crawling. Ooh the dungeon crawling! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: How do I do all the main quests?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:18 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Ah, me and 0 guests are browsing this forum... looks like this place is as dead as a giant rat in an oblivion gate.

I didn't want to do this, but I guess I'm just going to have to wade through the main quests on the UESP and mark down all the ones that effect the others and see if I can find a way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:24 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Yeh, the game is sort of a forgotten gem amongst a bunch of rocks :cry: but fear not for I am here!

A guide I followed on my first playthrough was http://www.tesguides.com/tes2/

Although the quest order is a bit wrong in some spots because if you followed the quest guide chronologically as it's listed some of the quests would be unobtainable.

For instance at the beginning you obviously need to talk to the contact (lady b) at the random bar and then I suggest some crypt-raiding to get your horse/wagon and then your good to go and don't have to worry as much about being late for quests.

Make damn sure that you get some form of improved magery and buy the recall spell as well as water breathing and levitation or your in for a rude awakening later on. The magical opening spell is useful but not required as well.

After that's all covered follow the link I posted until you get to "Orsinium", do NOT I repeat do not talk to Mynisera again after that an grind a level (to reach level 6) and you'll be ready for Cyndasa's first quest, if you do Orsinium first then you will be unable to complete this.

The quest is optional of course but it sheds some light on a few things story-related. '

After that you should be fine following the guide as it's typed.

The UESP article requires a bit too much guesswork and if you followed it as it's typed you'd get through the main quest but a few others would be blocked off.

Another thing to note is that Berenziahs book quest is unable to do after you complete a certain quest (I forgot which I'm sorry) but it has only small relevance to the story and just revolves around

I suggest doing all of the side quests you can but Bernziahs was a PAIN for me to get activated, same for Queen Aubki-i's second quest. Sometimes the couriers take months or even a year to arrive and give you a message and your best bet is to just do crypts and dungeons for levels and gold until then.

It's not uncommon (with 70+ luck) to be level 6 with half mithril and some adamantium gear by this point and things just get easier the more you level which helps.

Also, don't worry about liches, seducers, and master vampires. They aren't anywhere near as deadly as everyone says if you know how to attack while backing up and have a decent dodge skill while carrying a flail.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:48 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:00 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:15 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:58 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform: