UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Daggerfall for the 3DS
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:20 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Or even Arena... Just imagine.

It could technically be done easy because a 3DS is far more powerful than a PC back then but here are more reasons.

1. The 3DS is the highest selling "console" on the market.
2. The stylus would perfectly accommodate the combat.
3. The 3DS has Devil Summoner 2 on it which was made around the same time period with similar graphics.
4. There are many other similar games on the system and a lot of good first-person RPG's among them.
5. Bethesda would make huge bank and younger players could learn of the origins of the series.

*I assume the following isn't against the rules because the games are free on Bethedas site anyways*

I have a PSP and managed to get Arena running on a DOSbox emulator I downloaded on it but the framerate was terrible at best and the controls were god awful (as you can imagine) but it did function after a few different attempts. Since the 3DS is even faster and if it had proper development instead on emulation it could certainly be done and the touch screen would be well suited!

What are you guys' thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Daggerfall for the 3DS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:18 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 420
They won't do it. Bethesda already released Daggerfall into the public domain.

Post subject: Re: Daggerfall for the 3DS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:09 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Yeah, your right. There was a Daggerfall PSP rumor going around a few years back, I just think it would be a good fit, gameplay-wise. I started a new playthrough 2 days ago and have remembered how good the game was.

It just has so much content even if a lot of it is recycled and a lot of the features are great. The graphics are bad of course but you get used to them. A few years back when I played Daggerfall for the first time I was sort of shocked but managed to complete the main quest but made a lot of mistakes along the way like not getting disease immunity but getting the weakness to holy place disadvantage which made getting diseases cured extremely hard in the first dozen hours and even afterwards, I ended up using a bow primarily with levitation then resting every other fight to avoid getting hit LOL.

This time around I was more prepared and have made much faster progress so I'm enjoying it more, having disease, poison, and paralysis immunity really makes the game much more laid back!

So far I have full iron with an elven cuirass and a steel battleaxe and am doing GREAT compared to my old build. I'm trying to find a mithril or better axe but it taking a while and I refuse to rob the stores because it sort of breaks the game.

Also, I love how Daggerfall has the horse and wagon feature, it's much better than even the dremora butler and anything Skyrim has for carrying loads (without using a carry weight enchanting exploit).

I'm currently farming crypts for gold to get some headway on getting a ship and thinking about getting a loan from the Daggerfall bank but I hate being in debt.

Haven't joined any guilds yet but have done a few dozen odd jobs. But yeah, I just think the game would be a good fit on the 3DS because a stylus would work better than a mouse I think. And the 3DS could technically handle it as well. I'm content with playing on PC of course but it would be a fun game to play in 15 minute spurts while out and about due to it's ridiculous amount of places to explore.