UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Lich's Soul quest
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:14 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Hi everybody!

So I decided to do the main quest a couple of days ago to see what it is about. My game was relatively bug free so I went in optimistic. All went well until I got a message on a zombie that the King of Worms wants to speak with me. So I go to him in Scourg Barrow and he gives me a quest to fetch the soul of a lich residing in the catacombs of Castle Sentinel. After a long dungeon crawl I find the lich and destroy it.

Immediately I get a message that I completed the mission and the King of Worms told me the story of The Underking. I also got a magic item reward(which I still have) and the scarab was properly cleared from my inventory and even my journal didn't have any leftower entry after the message. It was a little strange however since I thought that I'll have to bring back the scarab with the lich soul to the Barrow so I reloaded and killed the lich again and got the same results.

OK so maybe this is how its supposed to happen I thought. Then after some more questing and dungeon crawling I get a quest from Medora( the imprisoned girlfriend of King Lysandus) to bring her a horn from another castle. Thats when I decided to rest a little in an inn(mainly to repair some of my magic items). My rest however was interrupted by an enemy, a zombie no less. I kill the zombie and get the exact message I got before the lich quest.

Ok since most of the game is randomly generated I thought its not a big surprise if they reuse messages(albeit I was a little suspicious). Since he didn't give me a time limit but Medora did I finished Medoras quest first and only then I went to visit the KoW. Here is my problem. He wants to give me the lich quest again....

So I wonder if anybody has any idea how to fix this or if it will actually cause problems later. My bet is that it will simply not start the endgame once I complete the other two storylines since it doesn't recognise this one as completed because it didn't end properly(with the KoW "appearing" in Castle Sentinel instead of requiring me to bring back the scarab to Scourg Barrow) . Any suggestions?

A couple of other questions:

1.) I got kicked from the Dark Brotherhood because I got vamped as a member. Is there a method or cheat or something to rejoin(besides curing myself)? Not that I didn't know it'll happen and in fact I 'm happier as a vamp than a DB member but if there is a way to have both without starting over I'd like to try it.

2.) It seems that my skills can only improve one point per rests. If I reach the invisible limit and don't rest immediately, any more uses seem wasted. Is this normal?

3.) Whenever I read about Daggerfall I always read how people took out 1.000.000 GP loan and never payed it back thus getting rich fast. In my game the bank refuses to loan me more than 350.000. Why is it?

BTW my game came from... well a youtube video titled:
"Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall on Android (DosBox Turbo)"

(the site apparently doesn't let me use URLs)

The "ready to unzip" version.
Orignally I installed the game on my Android before a long travel so I can pass the time but now I'm playing it on my PC.

Thanks in advance!