UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Daggerfall CTD when trying to transform into werewolf.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:41 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
Anyone else have this problem?

I am using the Daggerfall game downloaded from this site DaggerfallSetup v2.6. Everything is working ok despite the occasional crash or bug, however this one may just be a character destroyer. I got the dream to be a werewolf and after 72 hours I got the morph spell in my book. However when I try to transform the game crashes. If I am unable to transform I can't feed and if I can't feed my HP will go to 4 and I can't win like that.

I don't want to be cured since I wanted to be a werewolf so does anyone have any information that might help me resolve this problem?

Edit1: Ok after some more playing around and reloading of older saves it seems that my stats improve after the 72 hours of being infected. However I never transform and when I select the transform spell nothing happens, if I try to use it again it says I can only use it once ever 24 hours. If I use the "Cast Again" key thats when the game crashes. So now the question is how do I correct this transformation bug?

Edit2 (Solution): Ok problem solved, I had to go back to the oldest save that was just after I got infected and immediately rested the 72 hours and then used the spell to transformed and it worked. The other newer saves did not work so this is just another reason to make sure that you have plenty of back up saves at critical points until whatever you are doing is complete. Almost thought I was going to have to start over.