Hello WRFan! Welcome to UESPWiki. It's always good to have new members. If you would like to help improve any of our pages, you may want to take a look at the following links:
- Policies and Guidelines: UESPWiki standards and expectations
- Quick Editing Guide: a quick guide to wiki markup
- Getting Started: how you can help
When you're editing, it's always a good idea to leave edit summaries to explain the changes you have made to a particular page, and remember to sign your talk page posts with four tildes ~~~~. Also, the "show preview" button is a great way to view the changes you've made so far without actually saving the page (our Patrollers really appreciate it!).
Stop altering my signature
Could you please stop altering my signature, like you did here?
- I don't understand why you keep doing this, as it seems like a most trivial alteration, and is actually starting to get annoying. If you have a problem with my signature the best thing is to bring up with me, instead of just changing it. --Timenn-<talk> 13:25, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
Sorry, Timenn, I'm using a programme called Proxomitron which serves as a proxy between the internet and the browser and changes some stuff in the source code on the fly. Among other things, I programmed it to change font sizes on the internet as I have a rather small monitor and obviously Proxomitron didn't like the size of your signature. Since the change happens automatically, I wasn't even aware of the change. I'll disable the proxy when editing UESP pages in the future, so it won't happen again. Sorry about that WRFan 12:46, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
Just as an FYI, it's generally considered undesirable to respond to really old messages, as you did here. I left it in, because you've mentioned the tip of jumping from pillar to pillar, but in future, it's probably best to start a new thread for a tip or concern of that nature. Or if it's useful for a wide variety of character types, add it directly to the main page. Thanks! —Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 21:03, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
Talk Page Posts
Hi WRFan! We appreciate your interest in contributing to the wiki, but could you please be a bit more careful with your language? Posts like this and the one RobinHood70 listed above are bordering on offensive, and things are generally more helpful to more people when readers aren't put off by the tone of your advice ;). Thanks! –Eshetalk 15:28, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- May I additionally request you to remember that this wiki is not a forum/message board? Edits like this are not suitable for talk pages. The talk pages of articles primarily serve for editors to comment on the articles, and discuss necessary changes. In this particular case you had not particular question of your own, and you didn't request a change to something in the article. If you wish to discuss opinions about certain quests I'd suggest you visit the forums. --Timenn-<talk> 13:44, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
- I would like to ask you again to refrain from posting comments like this. I don't get the idea there that you wish to discuss something that's on the article, or have a question about it. I must remind you that this wiki is not a forum, and not a good place to chatter about the game. Instead I would suggest using the forums. Thanks. --Timenn-<talk> 14:10, 29 October 2009 (UTC)