User talk:The Cruentus
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- Yes, welcome! We're always glad to see new faces (or so I hope, given that I'm one as well).
- In other news, you may have noticed that there's no such thing as a "Username" magic word on this wiki, unfortunately. If that was what you were trying to use, you might want to check out this page (a list of UESP's magic words), for future reference. It's a pretty good starting point. gelza1Talk Cont 22:41, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the welcome, it is a little odd since I am more used to mediawikia than this despite these version presumably being older...I think. So I am going to have to learn the keywords and templates here to properly sort my user page out and learn the citation codes so I can source my edits.. The Cruentus (talk) 22:51, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- I suppose it's possible that MediaWiki has added the magic words in the past few updates—MediaWiki's on 1.28.2, whereas UESP's still using 1.23.11, but I'd say it's more likely that it's a question of whether the other wikis you were using had their own custom code.
- If you have any questions about UESP's code, I'd suggest asking either Robin Hood or Enodoc, as they're pretty knowledgeable about the inner-workings of this wiki's code. (If I've missed other note-worthy code-gurus, please tack 'em on, guys) gelza1Talk Cont 08:01, 14 June 2017 (UTC)