Tribunal talk:The Mad God
Dome of Serlyn
The statement "Alternatively, Marking inside the machine, opening the back door and then recalling also seems to work." was added in June, and has recently been changed to say "It has been suggested that you Mark inside the machine, open the back door and then Recall, but this probably won't work as teleportation spells are disabled in The Clockwork City." It is mentioned at the start of the walkthrough that recall and intervention are disabled, but the original poster suggested it would work in this case. Can anybody confirm this? If it doesn't work, I don't think there is any need for a specific statement to that effect.--Gaebrial 03:33, 24 October 2007 (EDT)
Just tried it, Can't Mark, won't let me mark in the cell. So won't work, (this is Oxinbox1 from the official forums--18.104.22.168 22:54, 24 November 2007 (EST)
I'm stuck at this part of the quest due to black screen in this area. My question is how do I "use the editor to set the nif value to 1.0 for the fog"?BowDown 00:27, 23 December 2009 (UTC)
- (moved from the article)
I've experienced a glitch with teleporting using Recall, Almsivi and Divine Intervention not being allowed after completing this quest while within Mournhold ... game seems to think I am still in Clockwork City ... go back to morrowind using effe-tei and then use Asciene Rane to come back to Mournhold ... you can teleport as normal again.— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
Fabricants drop potions of jump? All I've ever seen them drop is "fabricant elixer." Nevertheless, venomous fabricant elixir is still useful for the speed trap, since each of them grants an extra 10 speed. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- Yes that was a mistake. Now fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 03:59, 1 June 2008 (EDT)
At the beginning of this quest, the whole time Almalexia is telling you that Sotha Sil is mad and must be taken care of, Sotha Sil is highlighted as a dialog choice. If you click on Sotha Sil, Almalexia tells you that he is fine and you need not worry about him -- confusing and contradictory to her other dialog. --Brf 07:11, 2 June 2008 (EDT)
- (moved from the article)
- If you have killed Vivec already, she will mention "the smell of the blood of a god" on your hands, and wishes she "could have been there for his death" as well as calling him a fool.
I found this in the construction set in the script for Almalexia (Sotha_Alma):
if ( GetDeadCount, vivec_god > 0 ) Say "vo\misc\tr_almaend_4a.mp3" , "But I smell the blood of gods on your hands, Nerevarine. Vivec was a fool. I'm sorry I wasn't there to see his death. But Sotha Sil...he always thought himself our better, shunning us, locking himself in this hole. He spoke not a word as he died. Not a whisper. Even in death, he mocked me with his silence! But I think you will scream, mortal. For now, you face the one true god." else Say "vo\misc\tr_almaend_4b.mp3" , "None may stand in my way. Not you, and certainly not Vivec. He is a poet, a fool. I will deal with him when I have finished with you. And Sotha Sil...he always thought himself our better, shunning us, locking himself in this hole. He spoke not a word as he died. Not a whisper. Even in death, he mocked me with his silence! But I think you will scream, mortal. For now, you face the one true god"
Thought it sounded familiar...Zoidberg 04:23, 19 December 2008 (EST)
- Ah! I thought it meant standard text dialogue rather than actual out-loud dialogue. Thanks for that. I've added it to the article. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 04:33, 19 December 2008 (EST)
How do I pass this?
sometime after the dme of serlyn, not sure when, i get to a place with steam gysers coming up through the floor. it has a ledge high above the floor, which you come out on, and one on the other side. if i jump down to explore the rest of the room, there's no way up on either side and nothing down there, but there's nothing up on my ledge except a rusted switch. if you try the switch, it says that it's rusted, and will not moove, and that you do not have the strength to turn it. i've tried levitate, it doesn't work there, i've tried taking it literally and using fortify strength, but that doesn't work either. what do i do? -Scotty1215 20:29, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
- What is your strength at the moment, and how much did you fortify your strength by? It sounds like you're in the Dome of Udok (according to the aticle anyway) where it says "use strength potions/magic to open the rusted lever", so perhaps you simply didn't boost your strength enough. Dlarsh(Talk,Contribs,E-mail) 20:37, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
I used fortify strength to get my strength up to about 368, but I still can't pass it normally. I used the togglecollision console command, because I thought of it as a bug. How much strength do you need? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 25 November 2010
- Just 100, according to the lever's script. 184.108.40.206 21:33, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
It's possible to skip all of Helseths quests (and even never speak to a guard), would he still reward you with the armor? Marcel 01:53, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
- I'm guessing not, Getting the armor is part of the Helseth's Champion quest, not the Mad God quest.Marcel 08:31, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
Who are the very rare people who believed what happened during the quest? --220.127.116.11 01:42, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
There are three people who will believe that Almalexia is dead: King Helseth, Barenziah, and Vivec.
"Azura will refer to you as the Nerevarine, even if you haven't started the Morrowind main quest."
This makes no sense since you 'start' the main quest as soon as you start a new game. You might not be referred to the Nerevarine because you haven't advanced that far in the Morrowind MQ, so it should state that instead. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 03:12 on 22 August 2010
- Also doesn't Almalexia specifically refer you as the Nerevarine at the beginning of 'The Blade of Nerevar'? I know before she just mentions/hints at it. Edit: to whomever restored the second bullet point under notes, why? It states the exact same thing above in the first bullet point. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 19:01 on 22 August 2010
This artical mistakenly states that the Imperfect construct you fight is Dwemer. Nothing in the clockwork city is made by Dwemer, it is all made by Sotha Sil.--Zar Pof 16:29, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
Dome of Serlyn 2
I switched on the second switch in the dome of Serlyn and I waited for a while but nothing happened. Do I have to wait for a certain amount of time? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 25 July 2011
- I've always found the whole thing to be hopelessly broken and tend to use the console command tcl to avoid it. If you're on a console... bad luck. rpeh •T•C•E• 08:40, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- (moved from the article)
- There is a bug that disallows players from progressing further than the Dome of Udok as the lever script does not recognize the player's strength when it rises over the required 100. This bug is fixed in an update, but can be worked around without the update as the door is still visible enough to activate. You'll just need to jump onto the non-extended bridge and look through a crack to see the door.
- What bug, what update? The script seems pretty simple to me ("if ( player->getstrength < 100 )") so what can possibly go wrong? rpeh •T•C•E• 09:36, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
Timing of "I found Sotha Sil dead...."
The article says it's only after speaking to Azura that you begin to get this dialog option, but in fact it's as soon as you return from Sotha Sil that the option begins to appear. (at the very least, if you mark/recall to the palace and speak to Karrod about Almalexia, you'll be presented with the options) Xolroc (talk) 20:11, 10 September 2013 (GMT)
You will need more than 130 points in speed (135 works fine) in order to make it. Certainly not true, or does not "works fine". Even with 160 speed I can not run to the door. Need some serious speed boost here, at least 200, or Jump/Acrobatics. But what to do after u entered City and do not have any of these? We can not port out. Game freezes effectively... --188.8.131.52 10:00, 8 April 2018 (UTC)