Tribunal talk:Helseth's Champion
Spell Effect glitch
After beating Karrod, I noticed a spell effect of some sort rovolving around him. When I left the throne room to the Receiption Area and went down the stairs, that same spell effect was rotating there part-way down the stairs.--Brf 08:13, 31 May 2008 (EDT)
- Did you use the spell on him? If so then I've had the same problem, though not on the same quest. Occasionally spells will glitch in this way. Reloading the game can solve the problem, as can reloading an older save. - Game LordTalk|Contribs 15:45, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
- I think I was using a sword with Weakness to Fire and Fire damage. I saved the game facing the spell-effect on the stairs, so I could make that report. The preview-image for the save-game shows the spell effect. But when you load the game there, the effect is gone. --Brf 08:02, 10 June 2008 (EDT)
it is not neccessary to wait 24-hours, just until the next day. Since it is already 10-PM (from the previous quest) it should only be a few hours. --Brf 08:02, 10 June 2008 (EDT)
erm i killed the king to get what hes carrying and that message about a severed thread etc. came up- is he needed after the duel? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on August 26, 2009 at 10:49
- As you can see here, King Helseth is essential throughout Tribunal's Main Quest. -Dlarsh(Talk,Contribs) 19:59, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, Helseth is NOT required after the duel, though you do miss out on a full set of the royal gaurd armor Halfstache 04:49, 6 July 2011 (UTC)halfstache
For some reason I've got this quest before even taking care of the Dark Brotherhood. Maybe not the quest in it's entirety, but people were talking about me and Karrod preparing for the duel (I think this happened because I went to Barenziah's chamber prematurely). I'm afraid my game's broken. After Helseth appeared in his throne room, I could theoretically proceed normally with dueling and Helseth said that the duel will begin after he says that. Well, I wait, Helseth says that the duel has begun, but Karrod isn't attempting to attack me. Trying to talk with him only gives me a message that he's silent and I can only end the conversation. Any idea how I can fix it? 220.127.116.11 19:32, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- are you playing on pc?
- you can use use console commands to set the journal quest stage to zero — Unsigned comment by Thescrollshavefortold123 (talk • contribs) at 03:31 on 16 July 2013
Additional Dwemer Weapon
If you cast "Disintegrate Weapon" on Karrod until the weapon disappears, then cast "Calm Humanoid" on him, you can pickpocket the weapon off of him. Then drop the weapon and KILL him. When the box comes up saying that you have won he will have respawned with all items. This also works with his armor. The weapon can not be turned into a second Trueflame, and is very weak. Collectors might enjoy having it though.