- Learn from Rogkuroth gro-Budok or Marks about the new door discovered in the Lower Shaft.
- Travel to the shaft and realize that the door is blocked from the inside.
- Enter Vassa Tarnabye and operate the gate puzzle by using the push-blocks.
- Backtrack to the mine and re-enter the zone via the original door.
- Make your way through the labyrinth and enter Vassa proper.
Once you have completed Errands for the Eulius Brothers, talk to Rogkuroth or Marks to learn about the most recent developments. Both will excitedly inform you that the miners working in the Lower Shaft have uncovered a second door and offer to guide you to it. Attempting to open the door won't give any results; and your guide will conclude it must be blocked from the inside. He then sends you back to the Eulius brothers to see if you can discover where the door leads to.
It Just Clocked!
Once you have finished A Little Help from my Friends, you will gain access to a new zone of the ruin - Vassa Tarnabye. Upon entering, you will be faced with the most complex puzzle ever attempted by the Ayleids. The door you used to enter places you on a higher level in comparison to the rest of the zone; the floor made up of a series of grates as to enable the viewing of the bottom level. On the ground level are seven sets of synchronized gates, each set controlled by a push-block located on the upper level. Some of the gates are already up, while others aren't; activating a set will make the former retract in the ground and the latter rise up. Pressing the second, fourth, fifth and seventh blocks from the right will open a path.
A Winding Way
Once you have managed to clear a route, backtrack to the gold mine and activate the door, which should now be free. Navigate through the maze of gates and you will finally find yourself in front of a door; activate it to enter Vassa proper.
Click on show (>) to see an annotated diagram.
- Both Marks and Rogkuroth will act as if you were trespassing after telling you to rejoin the Eulius brothers in Vassa.
- Once you first enter Vassa Tarnabye, your friends will follow you. The disparity between the two levels means they will be found running around on either level. While most of the time this is harmless, it may cause some problems in the next quest.
|Another Door (Tr07q006UCAnotherDoor)
||Rogkuroth gro-Budok has informed me that the miners have uncovered another door in the lower tunnel, but they have been unable to open it.
||Therander Polle wanted me to ask Marks about anything new the miners could have discovered.
||Marks has informed me that the miners have uncovered another door in the lower tunnel, but they have been unable to open it.
||Something seems to be blocking the door on the other side.
||Amarius Eulius told me that he and his brother had discovered something in the first chamber of the ruin.
||I've discovered some sort of gate puzzle. It appears that one of the gates is physically blocking the stone door from the mine. After I finish this puzzle I should go back to that door and see if my fellow travelers are alright.
||I have solved the gate puzzle and made my way deeper into the ruin.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage Tr07q006UCAnotherDoor stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.