Tes3Mod talk:Tamriel Rebuilt/Creatures
Should we make individual pages for creature categories (e.g. bugs, new undead, new Daedra) or should we make a chart first on this page? Or is there a way to link content from one page onto another? Sorry I'm new to Wiki editing; I want to help with the TR section, but I'm not sure how things work. Burunduk 13:31, 28 February 2009 (EST)
- Look at Morrowind:Creatures and see how it is done. I don't think the creature diversity is large enough to warrant several pages (see how the Tribunal and Bloodmoon creatures have just one or two pages), but it is perfectly possible to nestle pages within others -- this is called "transclusion" and there are plenty of examples of this on this wiki. If you want to see how it works, you can look how River Strider is transcluded in Transport. --Gez 13:41, 28 February 2009 (EST)
Where the creature is one that exists in base Morrowind, should this page simply link to the relevant Morrowind page? Or should we create the required TR3 pages as redirects to the Morrowind ones? --Gaebrial 06:34, 3 March 2009 (EST)
- I think that if TR3 adds varieties with new statistics then it should have its own page and a link. If the new creature is the same as a MW one and only has a script or something like that, then I'd link direct to MW. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 06:59, 3 March 2009 (EST)
- Well, here's the low-down:
- TR_Armor_Centurion: new creature (mix & match of Centurion pieces and Dwemer armor on a humanoid skeleton), six varieties.
- TR_bonelord: same creature as in Morrowind, two variants with different stats (one that carries plenty of nasty diseases, and one that is much stronger than the normal)
- TR_cr_eyestar: 2 types of unused monsters; they don't work because they lack movement/attack animations; instead they're used as special containers.
- TR_cr_mouse: 3x2 types of rat reskins
- TR_cr_siltstrider: an animated, creature version of the silt strider. Not very convincing IMO.
- I'll zap the rest of the TR_cr things. They're all new creatures.
- TR_dremora: a variant of the dremora, same stats IIRC but slightly different mesh.
- TR_lich_greater: a stronger lich with a variant mesh
- TR_skeleton_orc: two strong variants of skeletons with orc skulls.
- Rest of the undead variants are usually greater or plaguebearer (or greater plaguebearer): they have different stats.
- TR_rat_cave: a stronger rat
- Rest of the animal variants are usually diseased creatures which did not exist in diseased version in the vanilla games, despite dialogue saying so. For example, healers will tell you that you can catch greenspore or ataxia from slaughterfish, but they don't carry diseases in Morrowind.
- --Gez 07:39, 3 March 2009 (EST)