Tes3Mod:Tamriel Rebuilt/Old Ebonheart
|Added by: Tamriel Rebuilt|
Old Ebonheart is the largest Imperial city in Morrowind, as well as the province's Imperial capital. Set on the eastern banks of the Thirr River delta, it is built on the ruins of the original city of Ebonheart (also known as Khalaan), which House Indoril chose to burn to the ground rather than surrender to the Empire during Tiber Septim's campaign. The city was rebuilt in the Colovian style and a great citadel, the Ebon Tower, was constructed to control the route between Vivec and Almalexia.
Across the bridge from the plaza is the Ebon Tower. This massive structure contains a courtroom, offices, living quarters for many notable people, the Morrowind Imperial Legion Headquarters, a large atrium, provincial missions, and more. The court wizard, Tarhiel, has recently vanished from his chambers. The six dukes of Morrowind occasionally call the castle home, although the Duke of Deshaan is the only one currently in residence. Lord General Caecalia Victrix is the head of the Imperial Legion in Morrowind, and lives within the headquarters.
The plaza, west of the main gates, is home to several manors and offices. The Fighter's Guild, Imperial Archaeological Society headquarters, East Empire Company offices, Grand Chapel of Talos, and other important buildings are located here. Traveling vendors sell their goods by the fountain.
To the east of the main gates is the market district, which provides dozens of services to the player in its many shops. Alchemists, clothiers, enchanters, armorers, booksellers, bakers, and other traders offer their goods to resting travelers. Some inns will accommodate the player, and the local Mages Guild is to the west.
On the far eastern side of Old Ebonheart lies the slums, which stretches over the market and to the west, eventually ending with upper-class households in its place. Besides Gul Ei's pantry, Arnulf's smithy, and a few taverns, such as The Salty Futtocks and The Empress Katariah, there is little of interest here.
North of the slums lies the docks. Merchants and sailors flock here to rest and sell items not normally sold in Dunmer cities. The Imperial Navy Headquarters, a Census and Excise office, an Imperial Navy warship, and other anchored ships currently call the Old Ebonheart docks home.
With the exception of the Imperial Proconsul, who is in Narsis, the most important figures of the Imperial government in Morrowind reside in the Ebon Tower. This includes Imperial nobility, military officers and members of the Imperial Curia. Lord Caros Cocceius, Burgrave of Old Ebonheart and Castellan of the Ebon Tower, can be found in the Ebon Tower Palace. He both governs the city of Old Ebonheart and manages the Palace household, which nominally belongs to King Helseth. Duke Phyrios Mattimus of Deshaan is also staying in the Palace's High Chambers as a long-term guest -- far from the troubles of his unruly Duchy in the south. Provincial ministers, high-ranking nobles of merit, can be found in the Curia building. Lord General Caecalia Victrix of the Imperial Legion resides in the upper most floor of the Legion headquarters. See also People in the Ebon Tower.
Outside of politics, other notable figures are the Imperial Cult Primate Strixus Sorvilius in the Grand Chapel of Talos, and Merxia Vendicci, the director of the East Empire Company, in her manor. The local Mages Guild chapter is led by Arquebald Vene, and the acting steward for the Grandmaster of the Fighters Guild is Sharnoga gra-Mal. The Empress Katariah inn is a den of Thieves Guild activity with the eccentric Cap'n Fentus acting as the ringleader. Decimia Gastoit is the dean of the Archaeological Society.
For a complete list of all the people in Old Ebonheart, go here.
Getting There and Around
A fast and easy way to reach Old Ebonheart is by boat. Routes will take you to the docks from Helnim through the village of Ildrim, with the travels plugin from Ebonheart, and from Andothren and Almas Thirr.
The local Mages Guild can provide a Guild Guide for more locations. The Temple of the Nine Divines is reachable by Divine Intervention. By foot, Old Ebonheart can be reached with relative ease by taking the paths running in the region through Dondril and Vhul on the way from the crossing at Almas Thirr.
Places of Interest Around Old Ebonheart
- Serynthul, to the east of the city, is a Tribunal Temple infirmary commonly visited for healing purposes.
- Dondril, a farming community with few services, is south of the city.
- Vhul, a velothi village south of Old Ebonheart, contains a Tribunal Temple, a notorious tong, and several services for the player.
- The Hlaalu shack village of Gol Mok (not currently released) lies just across the delta.
- Letter of the Law: Work out the import fees for a merchant without proper documentation of his freight.
- Writ for Counterfeit: Kill some counterfeiters that are hiding in the sewers.
- Basement Declaration: Secretly return a "borrowed" scroll to its rightful owner.
- Empty Mines, Empty Coffers: House Redoran demands a refund for an already depleted ebony mine they bought.
- Scrap for Cyrodiil
- Plumes for Cyrodiil
- Theft of Brass
- Spreading the Mystery
- Politics for Play
- Message to Myth
- Judge and Jury
- Properly Purloined
- Jury and Executioner
- Belated Justice: General Casik has been languishing in a dungeon for three decades. He still insists that he is innocent.
- All Work and No Play
- Don't Touch My Gems!
- Four Types of Liquor
- Guars and Guards
- Watery Fate
- To Catch a Cold: Be sent on a wild goose chase to cure you of an ailment you don't have.
- The Eye of Argonia: Steal the legendary Eye of Argonia from a warship docked at the Old Ebonheart harbor.
- High-Flying Plans: Bring Cap'n Fentus some Dwemer airship plans.
- Facing Eviction: Help a poor woman who is indebted to Delagia's gang.
- Thieving Rivalry: Retrieve a valuable book from a tomb before a fellow guild member does.
- When the Nord's Away...: Steal a pair of enchanted boots while their owner is on a hunting trip.
- Happy Birthday, Ruma Soanix: Infiltrate a dinner party and steal a valuable document.
- A Message from Mister Delagia: Rob a Nibenese silk merchant who is doing business with Delagia's gang.
- Infiltrating the Gang: Join Delagia's gang and find leverage against Otrebus Delagia.
- Lost in Chunzefk: Rescue a fellow thief who has not returned from a Dwemer ruin.
- An Empress' Ransom: Exchange a royal artifact for the freedom of the Thieves Guild leaders.
- An Archer's Potential: Impress a master archer.
- Aldmeri Diplomacy: Calm down an embassy member who is unwilling to let old grudges go.
- Ambassador Trouble: Decipher the speech of an unusual Telvanni ambassador.
- A Criminal Lawyer
- A Deadly Treasure
- Freedom for a Fiend
- Ghoulish Business
- Hide and Seek
- Illicit Inspiration
- Kneading The Dough: Collect dues for the Bakers Guild.
- Oh What Customs!
- Resigned to Fate
- A Small Complaint: Another day in The Salty Futtocks, another dead body.
- Sticky Situation: Help Eulix Festius build a new mortar.
- Stendarr Tower Haunting: Exorcise a ghost that is haunting one of the castle towers.
- The Sorceror's Apprentices: Help choose a new master sorceror for Ebon Tower.
- Tamriel Rebuilt: Help Docelle Bien finish her Tamriel Map and learn the plight of a TR modder.
- Where is the Horse Gone?: Find the lost horse of a Breton knight.