Tes3Mod:Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Skyrim: Home of the Nords (commonly abbreviated as SHotN) is one of the collaborative fan-based modding projects within Project Tamriel, with the goal of creating the province of Skyrim on Morrowind's engine. This is the team's own interpretation of Skyrim based on lore that existed before The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Skyrim: Home of the Nords currently includes most of the Reach, which is divided into several regions. The primary city in this hold is Karthwasten. Future work will complete the Reach and add the cities of Dragonstar and Markarth.
Skyrim: Home of the Nords has been in development since at least 2008. It released version 18.12, a quest update bringing it out of beta, on 24 December 2018. The current version is 19.03, a bug fix release.
The development process is similar to Tamriel Rebuilt's process, but uses a forum format to handle claims and assets. Since the mod now relies on Tamriel_Data, some assets are contributed through Tamriel Rebuilt's asset browser and get merged into a TR add-on, while those on the forums get merged into a separate PT add-on.
For gameplay information not listed here, see Tamriel_Data in the Miscellaneous links, below.
- Items — New items in Skyrim
- Quests — A guide to all major and minor quests for Skyrim: Home of the Nords
- Reputation — List of quests that give you fame points
- Spells — New spells known to Skyrim inhabitants
- Starting Out — Hints to help you in the new additions that encompass Skyrim: Home of the Nords
For world information not listed here, see Tamriel_Data in the Miscellaneous links, below.
- Creatures — A list of the new creatures to kill and maim
- Factions — A guide to the old and new factions found in Skyrim
- Maps — A collection of maps that detail additional areas
- People — A list of all people added by the mod
- Places — A guide to cities, towns, dungeons, and ruins in Skyrim
- Services — A list of the services of trainers, merchants, armorers, and mages
- Transport — A list of the various modes of transport in Skyrim
- Tamriel_Data — The asset repository used for Tamriel Rebuilt and Project Tamriel