Skyrim talk:Summerset Shadows
- 1 Obtain Leverage
- 2 Quest bug
- 3 Elven to Leveled
- 4 OptionaLQuest - uncompleted quests
- 5 Possible bug doing this quest along with or before "Kill the Bandit Leader" radiant quest.
- 6 Confused
- 7 Does this quest have issues if started after completing BOTI?
- 8 Torsten Cruel-Sea's location Glitch
- 9 How many Jobs?
- 10 Burning the banner.
- 11 Bug not receiving thieve guild quest.
- 12 Unable to complete quest: Torsten Cruel-Sea won't respond.
- 13 Invisible wall after burning banner
- 14 Objective for Leverage
If you fail the persuade option, you get an optional "obtain leverage"... does that really just mean use the intimidate option, or is there something else you can find or overhear to get a new dialog option? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 02:30 on 23 November 2011
Dunno about everybody else but I sure ah sh*t 100% DID NOT get the burn the banner optional quest objective. I only found out about it when I came on to this wiki when Delvin was all like "you could've done more". I've done 3 hours worth of questijg since finishing it so im screwed now.
- It's a bit finicky, on the 360 I had to rub up against the banner for it to pop up. You could try casting a fireball at the banner, see if that causes it to appear/complete? I missed this the first time too, but came back due to a different bug involving a radiant quest and happened upon the objective.
- My question is does it particularly matter? Of course it should be reported in the article, but do we miss out on anything by not completing the optional objective? I don't see that my reward is any less, so I'm not sure of there's any need to load a previous save to backtrack and complete the objective.--Accretor 07:56, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
- Just finished the Quest on PS3, although the objective doesn't show up, use a flame spell to burn it, I'm assuming that the additional objective shows up after asking about the job from Delvin or one of the contacts in the quest. 184.108.40.206 00:19, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
Elven to Leveled
So I got Orcish sword so I will correct that Elven sword to leveled sword.--Aleksa 22:05, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
OptionaLQuest - uncompleted quests
I found the optional (burn banner)quest very sensitive and only triggerred when the banner is approached from the left. I had three quests entering the cave. The amulet and forgemasters fingers quests completed but the bounty quest for gang leader was left incomplete. 220.127.116.11 11:18, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- When this quest progresses to the point where you're told to go to Uttering Hills Cave, the cave is cleared of its Bandit inhabitants and populated with Summerset Shadows thieves. At this point, Linwe becomes the "Leader" of the cave, but for some reason the radiant quest is not notified of the switch, and so will continue to point you towards the Bandit Chief, who is no longer there. Because of this, I would advise doing any Misc quests regarding this cave before doing the Thieves Guild quest. I was able to clear out the bandits for my radiant quest, return to Windhelm and progress Summerset Shadows to 40 (Travel to Uttering Hills Cave), and immediately encounter the thieves and Linwe when returning. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on January 6, 2012 15:17
Possible bug doing this quest along with or before "Kill the Bandit Leader" radiant quest.
Had this quest and Kill the Bandit Leader both active. After killing Linwe, the quest arrow for the bandit leader pointed to an empty chair. Other people noted this bug on the Uttering Hills Cave Discussion page. Had to reload a previous save from before talking to Torsten Cruel-Sea and then kill the bandit leader first. Then when I talked to Torsten Cruel-Sea and returned to the cave it was repopulated with Summerset Shadow thieves. (Xbox) izzysawicki 19 January 2012
Now when you mean 'five additional jobs' do you mean quests given to you by people in Windhelm? Or contracts given to you by the Thief's guild that occur in Windhelm? -Adonys Baldera — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 06:47 on 27 January 2012
- It means any combination of 5 Thieves' Guild side jobs handed out by Vex or Delvin. 126.96.36.199 18:03, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
Does this quest have issues if started after completing BOTI?
As it says on the tin, does anyone know of any issues with this quest if you did BOTI before starting the Thieves Guild quest chain? 188.8.131.52 13:31, 28 January 2012 (UTC)
Torsten Cruel-Sea's location Glitch
Torsten Cruel-Sea's location is marked to the west of Windhelm, around the base of the mountain. At the same time, the quest arrow in the HUD's compass tells me to enter Windhelm. After entering, arrow shows that Torsten is inside Windhelm (the arrow is solid white) but past the city walls to the west.
I got around this glitch by following this video tutorial on how to get outside of Windhelm without going through the gate. Then when I went to the location on the map Torsten was there.
Bigbeck89 00:19, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
How many Jobs?
On all my other characters they got his job after doing 5 jobs in Windhelm but on my Bosmeri thief I got this job after only 3 jobs in Windhelm. Why is this? Babette 18:53, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
I've just done this quest again, and on every other character I used a spell, either destruction or shout, to bur the banner. This time, I shot at it as I wanted to attract the attention of Linwe and the others in there and because my crossbow has a fire enchantment it set the thing on fire. Not expected. Anyone else had this happen with an enchanted weapon, either ranged or melee? AyaHawkeye (talk) 01:50, 6 April 2013 (GMT)
Bug not receiving thieve guild quest.
May put under the bug section that sometimes you don't receive any thieve guild quest for Windhelm, the reason for this bug is as follow: If you attacked Windhelm with the Imperials and killed Ulfric, but left before Tullius could leave the room and give his speech then the Thieves Guild quests for Windhelm will be bugged. Simply go back into the palace, let Tullius and Rikke leave, listen to the speech and talk to them, and then go talk to Delvin and Vex, and this fixes the bug. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 15:28 on 25 May 2013
Unable to complete quest: Torsten Cruel-Sea won't respond.
So I went through the cave, burned down their banner, and killed their leader but now when I tried to go back to Torsten Cruel-Sea he ran to his house and locked the door. After waiting a few in game hours to see if he would come out, I broke into his house and whenever I tried to initiate dialogue with him he wouldn't respond; he kept telling me to get out of the house. I ended up loading a previous save, but I still have no idea what caused this. What is it with Windhelm and buggy quests? I don't have any mods running other than the unofficial patches. --Chill02 (talk) 03:01, 30 June 2013 (GMT)
- Have you tried waiting longer in-game? If you break into anyone's house anywhere in Skyrim, the owner generally does not appreciate it and will ask you to leave, eventually gaining you a bounty. So yeah, just try waiting longer or leaving the city for a day or so. *WoahBro►talk 03:03, 30 June 2013 (GMT)
I'm unable to walk though the banner (like you can others[?]), and when I burn the banner I'm still unable to walk through. I imagine it has something to do with how the burning of the banner is handled by the game engine. — Unsigned comment by Is404 (talk • contribs) at 10:03 on 30 August 2013
Objective for Leverage
As the article states, if you fail to persuade Niranye to tell you about the rival gang, you can get Linwe's letters to force her to talk. But do you ever get an objective for this, optional or otherwise, or do you just have to stumble on the letters by accident or know ahead of time about them?Valeria (talk) 00:04, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- You get an objective to "obtain leverage", but I don't think it points you anywhere. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 00:14, 20 March 2019 (UTC)