Skyrim talk:Dragon Seekers
Ice form? I learnt fear.
- The shout will depend upon which dragon lair you get sent to. --NepheleTalk 05:42, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
Okay, so... I have already been to Mount Anthor, as well as a number of other locations marked with the Dragon icon. When I accepted this quest, we went to Dragontooth Crater. I'm pretty illiterate with this whole wiki shit, so... could somebody with the skill to do so please edit in this information? (also, just a suggestion, but you might also want to revise the section about the WORD WALL so that it doesnt point to a specific Word of Power). Also, I fought a Frost Dragon, not a Blood Dragon. Afaeyer 09:45, 1 December 2011 (UTC)Afaeyer
- I can second this, I JUST did the quest myself, and we definitely went to Dragontooth Crater. (22.214.171.124 03:35, 6 December 2011 (UTC))
- Actually the location seems to be random, I just did this quest again and this time I was sent to Northwind Summit. (126.96.36.199 04:06, 6 December 2011 (UTC))
I haven't even met the greybeards yet (staying away from the main quest), but I got this quest shortly after finishing the Companions questline. I'm not going to change the article in case I'm bugged, because I also have the misc quest 'Return to Esbern' which also has something to do with the main questline. BMFPoochie 21:09, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
- The main prerequisite from the game data is that you've completed the Companions quest Glory of the Dead. There's also a requirement that the variable "DragonsReturned" be set to 1 -- which probably means that some amount of the main quest needs to have been completed, however I'm not sure how much exactly. In any case, the article has been updated. --NepheleTalk 05:42, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
- Someone added A Blade in the Dark as a prerequisite again. I checked here because I was also given this quest shortly after completing Glory of the Dead, and have not gotten the main quest past The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. So the "DragonsReturned" variable is set to 1 early in the main questline. I would guess Dragon Rising, as I believe that is the point after which random dragon encounters start to appear. If anyone with PC can confirm that's when the variable changes, we can set this to have the proper quest prerequisite. In the meantime, I've removed it entirely as Nephele did in her prior edit. EmmBee 16:27, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- From what i know, you need to complete dragon rising before you can get any dragon encounters, after that they start appearing. so im guessing that finishing dragon rising would set the "DragonsReturned" to 1, dragon rising is the quest before you go to meet the greybeards. Although, i have never done this quest before. (Eddie The Head 16:17, 10 January 2012 (UTC))
- Ok, since we have a minor consensus that Dragon Rising makes sense, I'm going to add that to the article. If anyone who hasn't completed Dragon Rising is assigned Dragon Seekers, chime in here and we can reevaluate. EmmBee 16:34, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- Whoops! When I went to edit it, I saw that Dragon Rising is what you had there Eddie The Head, not A Blade in the Dark. So I undid my own edit. Sorry about that. A Blade in the Dark is what it said on the Companions page, so after reading been added here as well. Both pages should now be correct.
I was given the quest by Vilkas. And since he had all the dialogue, I don't think that's a bug.
The quest points to a lair that I already cleared. When I get there, the quest pointer is pointing to the ground south of the actual lair and there is no dragon to kill at pointer or at the lair. But I saw Aela and Njada fighting a mammoth.(ZekunD 04:09, 13 December 2011 (UTC))
- I got this too. The quest marker points to dragontooth crater, which I already cleared, but when I travel there there is no dragon. I tried killing a different dragon, but the quest seems to require you to kill the one located at that specific lair.(188.8.131.52 23:53, 13 December 2011 (UTC))
- also you are stuck with him as a follower184.108.40.206 23:10, 16 December 2011 (UTC)Aelric
- i got the same glitch at shearpoint and yes he is always following and cant get rid of him
- One way to finish this quest (worked for PS3) is to reload the save before the quest and do other quests to pass time while keep talking to Farkas/Vilkas after completion of a few other quests. Save before talking to them, reload if he gives the same bugged lair and continue with your other quests. He will eventually point to a different lair. (ZekunD 23:48, 10 January 2012 (UTC))
I too have had this issue. I did like 2 of the Dragon Seeker quests and now anytime I get them from the Companions they glitch up leaving a quest marker and showing up completed in my log even though I can't complete them.
In reference to the follower stuck issue.... you can use the ~ console command and enter "set playerfollowercount to 0" this will remove the follower you currently have and allow you to get a new one, but I have read it stops you from geetting the steam accievements if u use console commands. 220.127.116.11 20:53, 31 December 2011 (UTC)
this annoying bug where farkas can't be talked to and follows you around continuously looking for a non-existent dragon (because you've already killed it a long time ago) can be fixed with setstage CR14 20
Farkas quest glitch...?
|This has been marked as a question that needs to be answered.|
I accepted Dragon Seekers quest from Farkas and it is telling me the dragon I need to kill is NE of Mount Anthor but when I go there I see the white quest marker on the world map but the dragon I am looking for is not there or at Mount Anthor, also when I am out of the world map the black quest marker points me all the way to Markarth gate and when I go in it then tells me to go back out of the gate, so I did then it tells me to go back in and out again. I have had this quest for a few days and can't get Farkas to go away and I can't do any commands but for "Can you train me to better use Heavy Armor?" that is the only command I can do and I have waited for about 30 in game days seeing if the dragon will respawn but he never did... Any help??? (Xbox version)
- I have had this same problem too. Was assigned Mount Anthor for the Dragon Seekers quest and I even have a bounty to clear the lair for the Jarl of Winterhold, so I figure kill two quests with one dragon. I get to the lair (which I have never visited before) discover the location and no dragon there. On the world map it has 3 arrows pointing nearby some cave yet there is nothing and the compass arrow points west toward Markarth. I thought everyone was only having this problem because people had been there previously, but I've never been to Mount Anthor till now and yet there is still no dragon. 18.104.22.168 08:54, 3 November 2013 (GMT)
- Possible Solution-- After receiving quest, I fast traveled to Markarth, then fast traveled to Saarthal. Dragon was now flying around near zone where it was suppose to be. Tried again by fast traveling to Whistling Mine, then walking to Mount Anthor, fast-traveled to Markarth, then fast-traveled back to Mount Anthor. Dragon attack me instantly. PS3 user if that helps. 22.214.171.124 07:09, 6 November 2013 (GMT)
I finally figured out the solution to this annoying glitch. The dragon is actually located inside the Markath Cell. If you follow the compass quest pointer as opposed to the quest pointer on the map, it will send you inside Markath. The compass pointer will then change from an doorway icon to the arrow icon indicating that the quest objective, i.e. the dragon is now in the same cell as the player. Amazingly, one can actually kill the dragon inside the Markath cell as follows: use the console to toggle collision off (tcl) then float to the now interior quest objective by following it, without zoning outside of Markath. This will send you back to the actual location of the dragon near Mount Anthor, so you'll be inside Markath and at Mount Anthor simultaneously. I guess the multi dimensional nature of dragons makes this possible. Since it's a long way increase game speed using sgtm 10 (this shouldnt cause any problems as you wont be fighting or interacting with anything along the way). Eventually you'll find the dragon floating in this alternate dimension at it's quest marker and you'll be able to fight it. Note that the dragon may move long distances during the fight, so I sugest targeting it using the console to get it's id and using "prid xxxxxxxx" (substitute dragon's actual id for the xxxxxxxx) and "moveto player" to pull it back to your location if chasing it proves too awkward. Note that you may encounter other multi dimensional dragons on the way, but the mount anthor dragon will be the one with the quest marker. When the dragon is dead just use the map to fast travel back into the real world. You may have to tcl to be able to fast travel. Note that once dead, the dragon materialises back in the real world and you can fast travel to it with player.moveto xxxxxxxx, to loot and recover the dragon soul if you didn't do so in the other dimension.
Is there any other way to fix the problem on the console when you and Farkas (or Vilkas) go to a specific dragon lair and there is no dragon? Because my friend got the quest from Vilkas and since there was no dragon at Skyborn Altar, Vilkas is permanently following him. Is there any other way to fix this other than reloading another save? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 29 April 2012
- I have the same problem with the companions quest taking Vilkas to Ancient's Ascent to kill a dragon and the Blades side quest to kill a dragon on Mount Anthor. In both cases I had already killed the dragon there earlier in the game and when I return there this no dragon to fight. Vilkas keeps following me around everywhere and the blade companions are stuck on Mount Anthor. I have tried waiting for almost a day and shouting but nothing makes the dragon arrive. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 01:31 on 23 May 2012
- Ps3 Users cannot get this bug fixed. Sorry guys. Either reload, wait for new patches, or make a new character.— Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 08:44 on 5 August 2012
Farkas just disappears
PC version. Got the quest from Farkas near Shor's Stone. That random event where you bump into 3 companions (my case was Farkas, Torvar and Athis) by a dead bear. I triggered the quest from Farkas, and went to go on foot (with him following) to Lost Tongue Overlook. I decided to walk, as fast travelling to a nearby place was already making Farkas disappear. I started walking backwards to check it, and after I pass that point on the road between that little lake to the east of Greenwall Cave, he simply vanishes... Tried the "player.moveto" console command. He appears back inside his room in Jorrvaskr, with his "default" set of Steel Armor, instead of the Wolf Armor he was wearing when the quest was given in the first place. Probably not a mod related bug. 220.127.116.11 16:51, 19 February 2014 (GMT)
Can't get this quest
Is there a condition on which the quest can no longer be started? I've tried to get it for a long time now, having completed both prerequisite quests and neither Farkas nor Vilkas give me this quest. I've already completed the main quest and still don't get the Dragon Seekers. Am I doing something wrong? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 17:26 on 21 February 2015 (GMT)
Can't Kill Dragon Unless Quest-Giver Nearby?
I don't know if this is a one-off or not, but when I got to the dragon at Dragontooth Crater, I fought it normally at first, and everything was fine. It went flying off to Karthwasten and nearly killed me at one point, so I took refuge in the mine to heal up. When I left the mine again, the dragon was back in its default location at Dragontooth, so I hopped over the mountains to get back there. In the process, I lost Vilkas because he was pathing around the mountains. When I got back to the dragon, it failed to react, and I was able to shoot it until it died without it ever bothering to leave the ground. Except...it didn't die! It quite happily stayed alive and kept breathing at me, though it still wouldn't leave its spot. Finally, Vilkas made it to Dragontooth, and then all of a sudden, I got a kill animation and the dragon died. My guess is that until your quest-giver joins you, the dragon might actually be invulnerable. If this isn't a one-off, hopefully it'll help someone else. – Robin Hood (talk) 01:48, 2 December 2017 (UTC)