|Location||College of Winterhold
Hall of Attainment
|Level||PC×1 (range=10-50)||Class||Spell Vendor|
|Gold||500 (+1000 Master Trader)|
|Sells||See Standard Merchandise|
|Buys||Spells (Books, Clothing, Daedric Artifacts, Jewelry, Scrolls, Soul Gems, Spell Tomes, Staves)|
|Primary Skills||Alteration, Illusion, Sneak, Speech|
|Perks||Mage Armor (rank 2); Regeneration|
|Faction(s)||Actors in this will never fill world interaction aliases; Alteration Trainer; College of Winterhold (Wizard); CrimeFactionWinterhold; Skill Trainer; Tolfdir Services|
After the quest Under Saarthal he will most likely be found in the final chamber of Saarthal, studying the Eye of Magnus. Later, after you've collected the books during Hitting the Books, the Eye and Tolfdir will move to the Hall of the Elements. After The Eye of Magnus quest is completed, he is usually found in the Hall of Attainment. His room is the first to the left from the entrance on the ground floor.
Tolfdir wears master robes of Alteration and a pair of boots. He knows the Alteration spells Ironflesh and Stoneflesh, the Destruction spells Fireball and Flames, and the Restoration spell Steadfast Ward.
- First Lessons: Join the College of Winterhold.
- Under Saarthal: Uncover the mysteries beneath this ancient ruin.
- Good Intentions: Find and consult the Augur of Dunlain.
- Containment: Deal with the aftermath of the Eye's power surge.
- The Eye of Magnus: Reclaim the College and contain the Eye.
- Aftershock: Put an end to the rupture caused by the Eye of Magnus. (radiant)
- Alteration Ritual Spell: Acquire Kahvozein's Fang and use it to get heartscales from a dragon for Tolfdir. (radiant)
- Rogue Wizard: Deal with a rogue wizard for Tolfdir. (unfinished)
- Tolfdir the Absent-Minded: Help Tolfdir find his missing alembic.
This is the merchandise found in Tolfdir's merchant chest. These items are only available if purchased from the merchant; they cannot be pickpocketed or stolen. They are restocked every two days.
|1||Complete set of Novice Alteration Spell Tomes|
|1||Complete set of Apprentice Alteration Spell Tomes|
|1||Complete set of Adept Alteration Spell Tomes||Only if PC's skill level is ≥ 40|
|1||Complete set of Expert Alteration Spell Tomes||Only if PC's skill level is ≥ 65|
|1||Spell Tome: Mass Paralysis||Only after Alteration Ritual Spell has been completed|
|10||Leveled Alteration Robes (enchanted)|
|5||Leveled Mages Hood (enchanted)|
|5||Leveled Mages Robes (enchanted)|
|~9||Leveled Scrolls||Max 12 (12@75%)|
|~15||Leveled Soul Gems (empty and full)||Max 20 (20@75%)|
|~1||Leveled Staves||Max 2 (2@25%)|
- Tolfdir has heterochromia iridum. His right eye is hazel and his left eye is green.
- During the College quest The Staff of Magnus, Tolfdir is made Master Wizard, replacing the late Mirabelle Ervine.
- Despite you being named Arch-Mage of the college by completing The Eye of Magnus, Tolfdir is effectively in charge of the college after that point, and you have no more power or influence over the NPCs of the college than you did before. Tolfdir is also the one you have to answer to if you steal, assault someone, or otherwise break the college's rules and end up being forced to complete the quest Rejoining the College.