Skyrim:Thieves Guild Caravan Fence Quest
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
A Word with Tonilia
Once you have completed three reputation quests for the Thieves Guild, speak with Tonilia in the Ragged Flagon. Before you get a chance to say anything, she will ask you to do a favor for her. The Guild needs a reliable way to transport goods across Skyrim, and Tonilia believes the Khajiit caravans can be an asset in this regard - if they are willing, that is. She requests that you speak to the leader of the caravans, a Khajiit peddler named Ri'saad about securing an alliance between the caravans and the Guild. In addition, you are to deliver a satchel of moon sugar to Ri'saad as a gift.
Finding the Caravan
To find Ri'saad, use the map to fast travel close to his caravan. The caravan travels between Whiterun and Markarth, and stays outside each city for approximately two days before setting out again. Unless the caravan is camped for the night, it will move around. So, expect the target to move while you fast travel, and think about which direction it is traveling in and jump ahead.
A "Sweet" Deal
After you have located the caravan, speak to Ri'saad, and tell him that you bring an offer from the Thieves Guild. This will cause the Khajiit to become thoughtful. To continue, hand him the moon sugar, which he will gratefully accept, saying that he looks forward to the partnership. Ri'saad will also comment that he and his fellow caravans will buy any stolen goods brought to them.
Return to Tonilia
To finish the quest, return to Tonilia. She will thank you for your help and reward you with a leveled amount of gold, as detailed below. In addition, the Khajiit Atahbah, Ma'jhad, and Zaynabi will now fence stolen goods for you.
- When not on the road, the caravan can be found either across the road from the stables outside Whiterun, or just east of Salvius Farm outside Markarth.
- It is not necessary to wait for the caravan to reach a city before speaking to Ri'saad.
- The Khajiit do not become available as fences until after you have returned to Tonilia and finished the quest.
- Atahbah is a member of Ri'saad's caravan, as above. Ma'jhad's caravan travels between Windhelm and Solitude, and Zaynabi's caravan takes a route between Riften and Dawnstar.
- Sometimes the caravan will reach its destination but the tents will not be set up. This does not hinder completion of the quest, however.
- Sometimes Ri'saad glitches through the ground while walking with the caravan, essentially breaking the quest until he is freed or respawns.
|Thieves Guild Caravan Fence Quest (TGFenceCaravan)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Deliver Moon Sugar to Ri'saad
Objective 20: Return to Tonilia
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 200.