(Click on any item for details)
Poison Damage is a special type of damage that is only available in a few specific cases. In addition to the damage it does, poison heavily obscures your vision for a few seconds.
Normally, poison resistance only applies to damage done by poisoned weapons (even if it's a non-damaging poison). But there are a few sources of damage that are specifically "poison" and not any particular element. They are as follows:
- The Ebony Mail artifact automatically applies a Poison Cloak effect, which damages all enemies within melee range, similar to the various Cloak spells in the Destruction school. (This spell can actually be cast as a regular spell if you give it to yourself via the console:
- The ranged attacks of frostbite spiders and chaurus do poison damage, as do the weapons of some Falmer.
- Dart traps do poison damage to anyone they hit.
- Poison bloomsDG will release a cloud of poisonous gas if not harvested immediately. Spiddal StickCC reacts to your approach the same way.
- The Dragonborn add-on adds a spell in the Restoration school called Poison Rune, which does poison damage to all targets within range when it's set off.
- The Mora's Agony power added by Dragonborn, found in the Black Book: The Hidden Twilight, does poison damage. Miraak's Staff also produces this effect, and Miraak's Robes may cause a similar effect when the wearer is hit.
- Poison SpidersDB inflict poison damage.