Skyrim:Ghost of Old Hroldan
|Ghost of Old Hroldan
|Location||Old Hroldan Inn|
|Primary Skills||Heavy Armor, Two-handed, Archery, Block|
The Ghost of Old Hroldan appears when you rent and sleep in Tiber Septim's room at Old Hroldan Inn. A Nord warrior who fought with Tiber Septim, his ghost is stuck at Old Hroldan Inn due to a promise he made with Tiber Septim when they conquered Old Hroldan during the Second Era.
He wears a complete set of ancient nord armor, including the armor, gauntlets, helmet and boots. He is obviously unarmed until you complete the related quest and find the sword that was promised to him centuries ago.
After you have slept in Tiber Septim's bed, a scream will echo through the taproom and you will find the ghostly warrior wandering around like a regular customer, relaxing, eating and drinking.
When approached, the Ghost of Old Hroldan can say:
- "I've been waiting for you. Hjalti."
- "Do you remember me now, Hjalti?"
- "I fought by your side. To take back the Reach from the savages."
When you talk to him:
- "Hjalti? Is that you? I've been waiting."
- Hjalti? Who are you talking about?
- "You promised me, Hjalti. You promised that when we sacked Hroldan, you would make me your sworn brother. And I've waited. Even after the enemies' arrows dug into my chest and their hammers crushed my bones. I've waited. Give me your sword, Hjalti. That we may become brothers as you promised."
If you accept his request:
- I'll find your sword.
- "I long to taste battle again."
- Who are you? Where are you from?
- "You don't remember me, Hjalti? Two campaigns we served together. You saved my life time and time again."
If you deny his request:
- An old sword? That's a fool's errand.
- "I cannot go into battle without a sword, Hjalti."
Once you have his sword:
- I have Hjalti's sword.
- "It's been an honor to serve you, brother. Remembers our lessons from the sword masters of Alcaire? Let me show you a few things you may have forgotten before we leave Hroldan."