|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Walkthrough: written by Dreamshadow, Beezer1029, checked by Beezer1029
Reward: written by Beezer1029, not checked
- Find Gharol at Dushnikh Yal.
- Deliver the sword to Lash gra-Dushnikh at Karthwasten.
A Mother's Pride
Gharol is a blacksmith living in Dushnikh Yal, the Orc stronghold southeast of Markarth. If you're permitted to enter the stronghold, you may talk to her about her weapon business. She will tell you that while she occasionally trades with the outside world, Orcs infuse their weapons with their private emotions: "An Orc blade is a very personal thing. Anger, regret, pride. All these things are put into our steel." In the conversation you will discover that Gharol's daughter, Lash, chose to leave the stronghold, breaking with Orc custom and bringing shame and grief to her mother. Gharol tells you that she has forged a sword to channel her feelings about her daughter's betrayal, and to send her daughter a message. Then she will ask you to honor her with a task: bring the sword to her daughter in Karthwasten; Lash will know what it means.
Travel to Karthwasten and deliver the sword to Lash. She will reply, "So that's it, then. 'Don't come back.' Thank you. Here. You honored my mother's task and should be rewarded." The forsaken daughter will reward you with leveled gold and ask you to leave her alone.
|Gharol's Message (FreeformDushnikhYalA)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Deliver Gharol's sword to Lash
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 20, 200.
<Alias=LocationHold>) is dynamically set by the Radiant Quest system, and will be filled in with the appropriate word(s) when seen in game.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in any order. Some stages may therefore repeat objectives seen in other stages.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage FreeformDushnikhYalA stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages, but it is possible to clear all stages of the quest using