He will appear at the rendezvous outside of Northwatch Keep together with his friend Vidrald to aid you, but only if you choose to let Avulstein accompany you and bring reinforcements. They will help you clear the yard and inside of the keep, but might die along the way. Once Thorald is freed, and Geirlund is still alive, then he and Vidrald will stick around the keep forever. (see bugs)
If spoken to, he will either say "I owe Thorald my life. Helping to save him is the least I can do." or "No one should ever be left to the Thalmor."
- Geirlund's class is geared towards one-handed weapons, even though he uses a warhammer (two-handed weapon) in combat.
- This issue has been addressed by version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; Geirlund's class was changed to CombatWarrior2H.
- Geirlund and Vidrald never get removed after the quest is completed.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Geirlund isn't marked as a leveled actor, seeing as Vidrald is marked as a leveled actor, this was most likely a mistake.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.