Skyrim:Forgotten Vale Books Quest
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Find an Ancient Falmer Tome.
- Bring it to Urag gro-Shub.
|Unknown Books||Translated Copies|
Unknown Book, Vol. I
Between the Wayshrine of Learning and the Wayshrine of Sight. If you are approaching the book from the Wayshrine of Sight, simply head southwest until you come across a path in the middle of a ridge. At the top there will be several Frostbite Spiders. Head down the other side. Among the ruins to the right there will be a skeleton clutching a chest. The book is next to the chest. If you are approaching from the Wayshrine of Learning, go to your right along the frozen lake and you will see the ruins.
Unknown Book, Vol. II
Most easily accessed with the Emerald Paragon, which is located on the body of a Frost Giant in the Falmer village. Once you have the Emerald Paragon, travel to the Paragon Platform (detailed directions to the platform are on its page) and place the Emerald Paragon in the Paragon Socket. A portal will open to the Forgotten Vale Overlook. Turn to your right (north) and make your way down the rocky river. The book is a short way down, just after the two broken pillars. It is next to the chest on the right-hand edge of the waterfall, by another broken pillar. You can also jump from the Inner Sanctum Balcony to the south and make your way along the cliffs. Make sure you have at least 450 health, or use Become Ethereal, to survive the jump.
Unknown Book, Vol. III
Near the Glacial Crevice. Travel upriver toward the entrance to the Glacial Crevice, but do not enter. Instead, turn around just before the fence, and you will see a path that leads up to the mountains and another path that goes over the river. Take the rock bridge pathway that crosses the river and continue to cross over the next rock bridge. You will reach a fork, one is a Falmer bridge and one is a rocky pathway up into the mountains. Take the Falmer bridge (made of chitin rather than rock). Upon crossing that bridge, turn right and take the rock bridge going down towards a lone Falmer tent. The book will be inside that tent on a table.
Unknown Book, Vol. IV
This book is on the table in the last hut before entering the tunnel leading to the Shrine of Radiance (the last Shrine after exiting the Glacial Crevice). There's a fire brazier outside the entrance to the tunnel and the hut is elevated directly above it.
- Urag gro-Shub will give 1,000 gold per Ancient Falmer Tome (Unknown Book), for a total of 4,000 gold. He takes them all if all four tomes are in your inventory, and it will appear that he only gave you 1,000 gold; however, he indeed gives 4,000 gold. This can be verified by checking your total gold before and after giving him the Falmer Tomes.
- This quest will remain in your available quest list until all four tomes have been given to Urag gro-Shub.
- Urag will not enter a conversation during the quest "The Staff of Magnus", and the tomes cannot be sold until after the quest is completed.
|Forgotten Vale Books Quest (DLC1VQFVBooks)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Bring Ancient Falmer Tome to
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 30, 200.