Skyrim:Dawnguard Rune Shield
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Artifact: Dawnguard Rune Shield (xx011baf)
- "A magical shield that when blocked with, surrounds Florentius Baenius wielder with a holy aura that harms the undead. Might come in handy." —
The Dawnguard Rune Shield is a powerful shield received as part of the Lost Relic quest. When you block with this shield, an aura similar to Stendarr's Aura will appear around you that does harm to undead.
- While this shield is equipped, due to its aura effect, NPCs will comment as if you had a Cloak spell on, saying "That spell looks dangerous... keep your distance." This happens even if you're not in combat and just carrying the shield, without activating the aura.
- Because the magic effect is internally realized as script rather than an enchantment, the shield can be tempered without the Arcane Blacksmith perk. It cannot, however, be further enchanted.
- Myrwatch's galleryCC contains a special holder for this item.
- The shield's aura may sometimes stop working.
- Dropping and picking up the shield again seems to fix this.