All of the Stones are initially tainted by an evil power of the dragon priest Miraak, which causes the inhabitants of Solstheim to become entranced when they pray at them. After cleansing the Stones, you may activate them for special abilities and powers. Powers must be regained from the Stones after use.
|Beast Stone||Southeast of the Temple of Miraak||2 Rieklings, 3 Rieklings†, Elmus†, Bujold the Intrepid‡, Halbarn Iron-Fur‡, Hilund‡, Kuvar‡||1 Cultist, 1 Lurker§||Conjure Werebear|
|Earth Stone||Southwest of Raven Rock, visible from the dock||Bralsa Drel, Rirns Llervu, 3 Redoran Guards, Cindiri Arano†, Fethis Alor†, Milore Ienth†, Garyn Ienth†, Glover Mallory†||2 Lurkers§||Bones of the Earth|
|Sun Stone||Southeast corner of Solstheim, north of Tel Mithryn||6 Reavers, Elynea Mothren†, Drovas Relvi†, Ulves Romoran†||1 Lurker§||Sun Flare|
|Tree Stone||Trapped inside of the Temple of Miraak||Oslaf, Yrsa, Herkja, Sirkjorg, 5 Reavers||Root of Power|
|Water Stone||Far north of Raven Rock, along the coast||Benkum, Hjalfar, Liesl, Palevius Lex||1 Cultist, 1 Lurker§||Waters of Life|
|Wind Stone||Northwest of Skaal Village||Baldor Iron-Shaper, Deor Woodcutter, Edla, Fanari Strong-Voice, Morwen, Tharstan, Wulf Wild-Blood||1 Lurker§||North Wind|
- The Fate of the Skaal: Find a way to free the citizens of Skaal Village.
- Cleansing the Stones: Use the Bend Will shout to cleanse each of the remaining All-Maker Stones.
- At the Summit of Apocrypha: Confront Miraak at the summit of Apocrypha and defeat him once and for all.
The entranced people working around the stones may repeat the following words mechanically:
- "Here in his shrine." ("Here in his temple.")
- "That they have forgotten."
- "Here do we toil."
- "That we might remember."
- "By the night we reclaim." ("Here we reclaim.")
- "What by day was stolen." ("What faithless minds have stolen.")
- "Far from ourselves."
- "He grows ever near to us."
- "Our eyes once were blinded."
- "Now through him do we see."
- "Our hands once were idle."
- "Now through them does he speak."
- "And when the world shall listen."
- "And when the world shall see."
- "And when the world remembers."
- "That world will cease to be."
- During the quest The Fate of the Skaal, the Wind Stone is cleansed of Miraak's influence by using the shout Bend Will. In Cleansing the Stones, the Bend Will shout continues to be used as four of the other Stones are returned to normal. The final Stone is freed once the main questline is completed.
- When sleeping on Solstheim, if you haven't completed Cleansing the Stones and you're either outdoors or in a dwelling, you may wake up at one of the All-Maker Stones which is still tainted. Cleansing each stone causes it to become unavailable, preventing you from waking up at any stone for that sleep. The first time you sleep in an appropriate location, this is guaranteed to happen, provided that the randomly selected stone has not already been cleansed. Thereafter, the chance that you will wake up at a stone when you sleep drops to 33%.
- If you command a follower to use one of the stones then they will sit and worship it, like others at the stone. It is possible for this to become permanent, so try not to do this frequently.
- The powers granted by these stones work underwater.
- The All-Maker stones were previously seen as the Sacred Stones in Bloodmoon.
- The book Aevar Stone-Singer is about the Stones.
- It is possible to cleanse the stones except the Tree Stone before the Cleansing the Stones quest starts.