|This article is currently undergoing a major expansion or revamping by the author who placed this notice here. However, you are free to help in the construction of this page by improving it—use the talk page to do so. Please review the if you would like to see whether the page is still being worked on. If the editor who placed this notice has not made any changes in a while, please contact the editor or, if they're inactive, remove this template.|
There is no message or alert that lets you know that you have completed everything the game has to offer. So, here is a list of all completable statistics within Skyrim; it is up to you whether or not you want your character(s) to achieve these ultimate measures of completion.
- 1 Quests
- 1.1 Main - 20 Quests
- 1.2 Civil War (Imperial Legion) - 15 Quests
- 1.3 Civil War (Stormcloaks) - 14 Quests
- 1.4 College of Winterhold - 18 Quests
- 1.5 Companions - 8 Quests
- 1.6 Daedric - 15 Quests
- 1.7 Dark Brotherhood - 29 Quests
- 1.8 Thieves Guild - 20 Quests
- 1.9 Dawnguard - 15/16 Quests
- 1.10 Dragonborn - 7 Quests
- 2 Collectibles
Technically, there are an infinite amount of quests in the game. This is because several Radiant Quests can be completed an unlimited number of times. For the sake of this guide, we will be including unique quests that can be completed only once, or a series of radiant quests that ultimately can be completed because they are not infinitely repeatable.
In order to complete every quest in the main questline, the Civil War questline must not be completed until after the completion of the main questline, otherwise Season Unending will not be available to start.
Each player can only ever be on one side of the Civil War during that questline. By joining either the Imperial Legion or the Stormcloaks, you will forfeit the ability to join the other faction. You can only change your mind once at the ending of the The Jagged Crown by giving the Jagged Crown to the lead figure of the opposing faction: give the crown to General Tullius if you want to be in the Imperial Legion or to Ulfric Stormcloak if you are wanting to be a Stormcloak.
Several quests during both sides of the Civil War questline may be replaced or unavailable altogether depending on the outcome of Season Unending in the main questline. It is suggested to complete the Civil War questline as late as possible in a playthrough as it may lock out several quests, namely favor quests for Jarls which will be replaced once their Hold has been taken over by the opposing force.
In order to complete every quest in the Dark Brotherhood questline, Destroy the Dark Brotherhood! must not be completed. Additionally, Delayed Burial must be completed before Innocence Lost otherwise it will not be available to start. Finally, in order for Locate the Assassin of Old to start, the bonus objectives of Breaching Security must be completed. See Quest Conflicts for more examples.
- Unbound: Escape Imperial custody and a dragon attack.
- Before the Storm: Inform the Jarl of Whiterun about the dragon attack on Helgen.
- Bleak Falls Barrow: Retrieve the Dragonstone.
- Dragon Rising: Investigate a dragon sighting near Whiterun.
- The Way of the Voice: Meet the Greybeards.
- The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller: Retrieve a Greybeard artifact from Ustengrav.
- A Blade in the Dark: Prove you are Dragonborn to Delphine by slaying the dragon Sahloknir.
- Diplomatic Immunity: Infiltrate a party at the Thalmor Embassy.
- A Cornered Rat: Locate Esbern.
- Alduin's Wall: Locate the prophecy within Sky Haven Temple.
- The Throat of the World: Receive a lesson from Paarthurnax.
- Elder Knowledge: Recover an Elder Scroll to learn an Ancient Secret.
- Alduin's Bane: Exploit the Time-Wound to learn Dragonrend and defeat Alduin at the Throat of the World.
- The Fallen: Capture and interrogate an ally of Alduin.
- The World-Eater's Eyrie: Battle through Skuldafn Temple to reach Alduin's portal to Sovngarde.
- Sovngarde: Seek out Alduin within Sovngarde.
- Dragonslayer: Put an end to the World-Eater.
Civil War (Imperial Legion) - 15 Quests
- Joining the Legion: Prove yourself worthy to join the Imperial Legion.
- The Jagged Crown: Find the Jagged Crown for the Imperials.
- Message to Whiterun: Deliver the message that will decide Whiterun's allegiance.
- Battle for Whiterun: Protect Whiterun from the Stormcloak invasion. (radiant)
- A False Front: Find and deliver some forged documents to the Stormcloaks. (will not be received if Dawnstar is handed over to the Imperials during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Dunstad: Take Fort Dunstad for the Imperials. (radiant) (will not be received if Dawnstar is handed over to the Imperials during Season Unending)
- Compelling Tribute: Use a corrupt steward to gain intelligence on the Stormcloaks. (radiant) (will not be received if Riften is handed over to the Imperials during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Greenwall: Take Fort Greenwall for the Imperials. (radiant) (will not be received if Riften is handed over to the Imperials during Season Unending)
- Rescue from Fort Kastav: Take Fort Kastav for the Imperials and rescue the prisoners within. (radiant) (will not be received if Winterhold is handed over to the Imperials during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Snowhawk: Retake Fort Snowhawk for the Imperials. (radiant) (will only be received if Hjaalmarch is handed over to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Sungard: Retake Fort Sungard for the Imperials. (radiant) (will only be received if The Reach is handed over to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Neugrad: Retake Fort Neugrad for the Imperials. (radiant) (will only be received if Falkreath is handed over to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending and if you initially side with the Stormcloaks but turn in the Jagged Crown to the Imperial Legion)
- The Battle for Fort Amol: Prepare for the final assault on Windhelm by taking Fort Amol for the Imperials. (radiant)
- Battle for Windhelm: Conquer the Stormcloak capital and bring Ulfric to justice!
Civil War (Stormcloaks) - 14 Quests
- Joining the Stormcloaks: Prove yourself worthy of being a Stormcloak rebel.
- The Jagged Crown: Find this crown for Ulfric Stormcloak.
- Message to Whiterun: Deliver an axe to the Jarl of Whiterun.
- Battle for Whiterun: Take Whiterun in the name of the Stormcloaks. (radiant)
- Rescue from Fort Neugrad: Rescue Stormcloak soldiers from the Imperials and capture the fort. (radiant) (will not be received if Falkreath is handed over to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending)
- Compelling Tribute: Blackmail a Talos worshipper into helping the Stormcloaks. (radiant) (will not be received if The Reach is handed over to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Sungard: Take this fort in the name of the Stormcloaks. (radiant) (will not be received if The Reach is handed over to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending)
- A False Front: Find and deliver some forged documents to the Imperials. (will not be received if Hjaalmarch is handed over to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Snowhawk: Take this fort for the Stormcloaks. (radiant) (will not be received if Hjaalmarch is handed over to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Dunstad: Reclaim this fort for the Stormcloaks. (radiant) (will only be received if Dawnstar is handed over to the Imperials during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Kastav: Reclaim this fort for the Stormcloaks. (radiant) (will only be received if Winterhold is handed over to the Imperials during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Greenwall: Reclaim this fort for the Stormcloaks. (radiant) (will only be received if Riften is handed over to the Imperials during Season Unending)
- The Battle for Fort Hraggstad: Prepare for the final assault on Solitude by taking this fort for the Stormcloaks.
- Battle for Solitude: Conquer the Imperial capital and free Skyrim from the Empire! (radiant)
College of Winterhold - 18 Quests
- College Objective Quest: Visit the College of Winterhold.
- First Lessons: Join the College of Winterhold.
- Under Saarthal: Uncover the mysteries beneath this ancient ruin.
- Hitting the Books: Find the books needed to identify the artifact found in Saarthal.
- Good Intentions: Find and consult the Augur of Dunlain.
- Revealing the Unseen: Learn the location of the Staff of Magnus.
- Containment: Deal with the aftermath of the Eye's power surge.
- The Staff of Magnus: Retrieve the Staff of Magnus.
- The Eye of Magnus: Reclaim the College and contain the Eye.
- (side quest) Alteration Ritual Spell: Acquire Kahvozein's Fang and use it to get heartscales from a dragon for Tolfdir. (radiant)
- (side quest) Conjuration Ritual Spell: Find a Sigil Stone by summoning a daedra and learn more about Conjuration.
- (side quest) Destruction Ritual Spell: Learn the most powerful Destruction spells Skyrim has to offer.
- (side quest) Illusion Ritual Spell: Find some books about Illusion magic to further your Illusion skills.
- (side quest) Restoration Ritual Spell: Find the Augur of Dunlain and learn more about Restoration magic.
Companions - 8 Quests
- Take Up Arms: Prove you are worthy to join the Companions.
- Proving Honor: Claim a Fragment of Wuuthrad from Dustman's Cairn.
- The Silver Hand: Join the ranks of The Circle and clear Gallows Rock of werewolf hunters.
- Blood's Honor: Claim the head of a Glenmoril Witch for Kodlak Whitemane.
- Purity of Revenge: Retrieve the Fragments of Wuuthrad and wipe out the Silver Hand.
- Glory of the Dead: Cure Kodlak's spirit and become leader of the Companions.
Daedric - 15 Quests
- The Black Star: Help find and repair Azura's Star.
- Boethiah's Calling: Become Boethiah's new champion.
- The Break of Dawn: Find Meridia's Beacon and use its light to cleanse her temple of undead.
- The Cursed Tribe: Help lift the curse placed on the Orcs of Largashbur by Malacath.
- A Daedra's Best Friend: Help Barbas reunite with his master.
- Discerning the Transmundane: Uncover the secrets of the mysterious Dwemer lockbox.
- The House of Horrors: Help Molag Bal take revenge upon a servant of Boethiah. (radiant)
- Ill Met By Moonlight: Participate in the Daedric Prince Hircine's Great Hunt.
- The Mind of Madness: Gain access to and solve the mystery of the Pelagius Wing.
- A Night To Remember: Find your lost friend, Sam, as you recover from a bad hangover.
- The Only Cure: Slay an apostate worshipper for the Daedra Lord Peryite.
- Pieces of the Past: Retrieve the scattered pieces of Mehrunes' Razor and reforge this deadly blade.
- The Taste of Death: Prepare a feast for the Lady of Decay.
- Waking Nightmare: Relieve the people of Dawnstar from Vaermina's curse.
- The Whispering Door: Investigate Nelkir's story of a Whispering Lady behind a locked door.
Dark Brotherhood - 29 Quests
- Delayed Burial: Convince an unwilling farmer to help fix a stranded jester's broken wagon wheel. (only available if Innocence Lost has not been completed)
- Innocence Lost: Help an orphaned child avoid being returned to a sadistic caretaker.
- With Friends Like These...: Repay your debt to the Family, and show you are willing to kill on command.
- Sanctuary: Pick up your first contracts as a Brotherhood member.
- Mourning Never Comes: Help Muiri get her revenge.
- Whispers in the Dark: Spy on the Night Mother's keeper to see if he is planning sabotage against the Brotherhood.
- The Silence Has Been Broken: Meet Amaund Motierre inside Volunruud and learn who he wants assassinated.
- Bound Until Death: Assassinate Vittoria Vici at her own wedding.
- (side quest) Kill Deekus: Slay an Argonian looting a shipwreck.
- (side quest) Kill Ma'randru-jo: Assassinate Ma'randru-jo to complete a Dark Brotherhood contract.
- (side quest) Kill Anoriath: Assassinate Anoriath to complete a Dark Brotherhood contract.
- Breaching Security: Kill and frame the son of a high-ranking Imperial guard.
- The Cure for Madness: Confront the traitor among the Dark Brotherhood.
- Recipe for Disaster: Assume the identity of the famous Gourmet in an effort to assassinate the Emperor.
- To Kill an Empire: Attempt to assassinate the Emperor while disguised as the Gourmet.
- Death Incarnate: Assist Brotherhood members in the fight against the Penitus Oculatus assault.
- Hail Sithis!: One of the biggest contracts in Brotherhood history is yours to fulfill.
- Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head...: Restore the Dark Brotherhood's sanctuary.
- (side quest) Take the Hidden Treasure: Torture the Brotherhood's prisoners for treasure.
Thieves Guild - 20 Quests
- A Chance Arrangement: Help teach a merchant to mind his own business.
- Taking Care of Business: Collect some debts for the Thieves Guild.
- Loud and Clear: Send a message to a former Thieves Guild client.
- Dampened Spirits: Put Maven Black-Briar's competition out of business.
- Scoundrel's Folly: Squeeze a reluctant informer for information.
- Speaking With Silence: Track down the Dunmer behind the Guild's misfortunes.
- Hard Answers: Help translate Gallus's journal.
- The Pursuit: Break into Mercer Frey's house and search for clues.
- Trinity Restored: Become one of the Nightingales, Nocturnal's guardians.
- Blindsighted: Stop Mercer Frey.
- Darkness Returns: Walk the Pilgrim's Path and return the Skeleton Key to its rightful place.
- (side quest) The Dainty Sload: Frame a ship's captain to get revenge for a jilted merchant.
- (side quest) Imitation Amnesty: Help get a convicted prisoner released from jail.
- (side quest) Silver Lining: Recover a stolen silver mold for a silversmith.
- (side quest) Summerset Shadows: Remove a rival guild from the picture.
- Under New Management: Become the Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild.
Dawnguard - 15/16 Quests
- DawnguardDG: Speak with the leader of the Dawnguard.
- AwakeningDG: Find out what the vampires are looking for.
- BloodlineDG: Choose your side!
- Join the Dawnguard.
- A New OrderDG: Recruit Isran's old allies for the Dawnguard. (radiant)
- ProphetDG: Find and rescue a Moth Priest from the vampires.
- Join the Vampires.
- The Bloodstone ChaliceDG: Fill the Bloodstone Chalice from the Bloodspring at Redwater Den.
- ProphetDG: The time of prophecy has arrived! Locate a Moth Priest for the vampires.
- Join the Dawnguard.
- (umbrella quest) Seeking DisclosureDG: Bring the Elder Scrolls to Dexion.
- Unseen VisionsDG: Perform a ceremony to read the Elder Scroll.
- Touching the SkyDG: Find and retrieve Auriel's Bow.
- Kindred JudgmentDG: Confront Lord Harkon.
Dragonborn - 7 Quests
- DragonbornDB: Travel to the island of Solstheim to find out what's happening there.
- The Temple of MiraakDB: Uncover the source of Miraak's power in the Temple of Miraak.
- The Fate of the SkaalDB: Find a way to free the citizens of Skaal Village.
- Cleansing the StonesDB: Use the Bend Will shout to cleanse each of the remaining All-Maker Stones.
- The Path of KnowledgeDB: Discover the locations of the Black Books in order to stop Miraak.
- The Gardener of MenDB: Travel to the realm of Hermaeus Mora to learn the rest of Bend Will.
- At the Summit of ApocryphaDB: Confront Miraak at the summit of Apocrypha and defeat him once and for all.
Other than the infinite radiant quests, there are a total of 273 quests of all types.
There are many different things to collect or obtain, whether it be unique armor, to learning all the spell tomes, you will spend hundreds of hours just trying to collect everything.
Bugs in a Jar - 5 jars with live bugs inside are scattered throughout Skyrim. Each jar also has a unique inscription etched into the inside of the lid.
Dragon Priest Masks - 9 of these masks are found in the province of Skyrim, and 8 of them are obtained from the Dragon Priests themselves. One more mask is required to obtain the ninth which is available when the first 8 are brought to the Bromjunaar Sanctuary and placed on the shrine there. This makes a total of 10 masks, although only 9 will ever be helpful in combat since the tenth is only used to acquire the aforementioned 9 masks. Four more can be acquired from the Dragonborn add-on; although you will encounter 5 dragon priests, one of them will not surrender a mask.
Dragon Claws - 10 of these claws are in Nordic Ruins, and each is unique, being made with different gems or materials. One more can be acquired from the Dragonborn add-on, although the claw is actually split into two parts.
Shouts/Words of Power - 20 Shouts can be used by you, and every shout has 3 words of power, so there are 60 total words of power you may learn. Four more can be found from the Dragonborn add-on, making a grand total of 24 Shouts, and thus, 72 words to be learnt.
Every Spell Unlocked + Mastered - There are 5 schools of magic, and every one has many spells. Alteration has 17 Spells, but 15 without add-ons. Conjuration has 33 spells, but 25 in vanilla. Destruction has 28/29 (depending if you are a Vampire).