Shivering talk:The Prince of Madness
|Archive 1: Feb 2007 – Dec 2009|
Jyggalag speech crash?
Me and someone else have encountered a CTD game crash right after Jyggalag's defeat speech. I am using a number of mods admittedly, but I don't know if that is necessarily the problem (as Eshe suggested on IRC.) Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know what is causing it? How to resolve it? -Araqzes 23:12, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- I've experienced this, myself; it seems to not happen if you enter the palace very quickly, when the speech is done. -Darkholme 16:27, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- I'm aware that this is an old post, but just so the information is readily available to anybody reading this: It was suggested later in the thread that DarkUI could be causing the problem. Disabling the DarkUI mod seemed to fix the problem for most subsequent posters, though there was some oddness for one or two posters. (Read the "someone else" thread for details.) ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 10:22, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
Can't complete final quest :\
I used the setstage console command to get through most of the quests, mostly because the last save file I had got deleted and I didn't feel like completeing them all over again, but I did the last quest and defeated him normally, it told me to talk to Haskill but he isn't saying anything, he just has the informational topics but none that have ANYTHING to do with being the prince of madness...is there a way to fix this? 184.108.40.206 23:21, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
- It's difficult to be sure what the problem is when you've short-circuited all the quests (and it's probably too late to help you anyway). However, I jumped direction to
SetStage SE14 5straight after coming out of the Dementia/Mania gates and it looked normal at a glance, though I can't guarantee that it was perfect since I have nothing handy to compare to. I had the appropriate Benefits and Duties topics available, though, and Haskill mentioned when he greeted me that I was now Lord Sheogorath. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 10:58, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
Throughout the Shivering Isles Main Quest-Line there are a few Obelisks of Order you MUST deactivate, the last two also act as containers. As far as I can tell, there are no others, has anyone noticed that? Dont have enough time to log in, so I'll use my template to sign. MikeTalk 05:02, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
- Nvm, although some of the obelisks arent linked to chests for some reason. MikeTalk 16:14, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
You and Sheogorath's appearance
My theory which states that people from the Isles are seeing player in the form of his predecessor is based on some observations; even though being called "Lord" and "Madgod" regardless of gender may be just a result of a title ("Lord Sheogorath") or developers' forgetfulness, it certainly doesn't explain situation, when Relmyna - once again, regardless of player's gender - greets us with such words: "My Lord. I have waited for your return. Why have you forsaken me? I am your most... adoring subject! I am yours to command, body and soul!". Does she would say such a thing if we were "just" being seen as a new god?
- And if it doesn't look like a proof for you, I think that you should just revert note to the Rpeh's version. - ZuTheSkunk 22:34, 24 September 2010 (UTC)
- If it's still a bit iffy, I've confirmed it by giving Una Armina the Sheogorath-Shaped Amber for the museum after I completed the main quest. She comments on how it looks "just like you." There are a few inconsistencies, though; Kiliban Nyrandil in Xedilian was either an oversight or can see through the illusion, since he says he will mention your work to Sheogorath. - VPLoxingly 5:26, 5 December 2010 (GMT)
- Kiliban is almost certainly an oversight, because he doesn't even notice that the Greymarch was completed (when asked about Knights, he still says "Now that they have returned..."). - ZuTheSkunk 23:18, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
- Daedric Princes are explicitly referred to as such regardless of gender (see Azura, Mephala, and Namira for some examples of female Princes). It's not too far-fetched that even a female Sheogorath would be referred to as Lord. -Technogeek 06:39, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Ugh, just reverted the edit before noticing this post; I'm pretty sure we are talking about Thaedil - I have never seen any Jugglers in the Palace. --Krusty 13:44, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
I defended Fellmoore against some creatures with my bow and arrow , killed most of them. When I thought I was done the music was still playing and when I go back to Haskill he still says it is under attack. What do I do ? I'm on Xobx by the way. JackTurbo95 15:43, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
- You killed MOST of them? Maybe try killing ALL of them. Datacaust 21:23, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
There are no monsters!
I have completed the mane quest here and have told Haskil about it for my first "defend the realm" I am sent to Split I go there and there are no monstars. what should I do? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 11 April 2011
It's worth noting that after you become Sheogorath you can fast travel directly from the palace to the Passwell/ The Door to Cyrodil where as before, you could not Chris-the-killer 16:32, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
Bug workaround confirmation
The Sword of Jyggalag may not appear immediately after Jyggalag's defeat until the player has left and re-entered the Palace
That worked for me.
Golden Saint/Dark Seducer salute
I've added an image depicting the salute on the article, and here's proof of it in the Construction Set. Presumably there's some kind of bug with it though, since in my testing they will sometimes do it all the time, and other times they won't do it at all. Never even knew it existed until I stumbled across the animation for it. Funny what can still be discovered after all these years. --Dorsal Axe (talk) 22:27, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
- Do you have any mods active, like the unofficial patch? I've never seen this in-game. —Legoless (talk) 23:16, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
- Turns out I forgot I had Dialogue Tweaks when I disabled mods, and it turns out it inadvertently fixes the bug that prevents the salute from playing properly (the author claimed to have removed such changes). It appears that Bethesda copied the NPC to NPC version of the salute to make a player version, and forgot to remove the condition (GetCurrentAIPackage == 12) that ensures it only plays during NPC to NPC greetings. Obviously, this conflicts with the condition that it only plays if the player is the target of the greeting instead. I'll update the page to reflect it as a confirmed bug. But the salute itself is completely vanilla and supposed to be one of the rewards for completing the main quest. --Dorsal Axe (talk) 11:04, 15 January 2016 (UTC)