According to Nidal, Kithral was a Crown sympathizer and was close to Iszara. Nidal sent him to the town's park to collect mandrake root, but he never returned. N'Gasta confirms Kithral's death and that he was caught in the necromancer's soul snare, despite being a member of the Temple of Arkay.
His body and journal are found in the Goblin Caverns, next to a torch and some gold. Kithral's journal reveals that he entered the caverns looking for Archmage Voa's ring, in an effort to help Iszara restore Prince A'tor.
- Kithral's voice is heard when you read his journal:
- "I can taste the poison in my mouth; a yellow fog in the chest that clogs the vital passages.
- "The gash in my side weeps fast -- which will kill me first: wound or toxin?
- "Damn her impatience! And damn my pride to think I might find the ring here in this nefarious darkness on my own.
- "But she missed the rendezvous and I fear we are running out of time. With the Archmage's ring we are one step closer to restoring the Crowns to power.
- "I am sure his body is here, some trick of undercurrent in the wake of the batt---
- "The spider's milk is deep. Iszara! I pray nothing has happened to you!
- "I hear the goblins behind the door -- Ubula! Ubula! Ubula! --
- "They come for me! I have failed you, my love, and the ring is nowhere nearer! You must hurry!
- "The League is closing in!
- "The Empire is closing in!
- "The darkness is closi--"