Online:Xal-Nur the Slaver
|Xal-Nur the Slaver|
|Location||Ruins of Mazzatun, Stone Stockade|
Xal-Nur the Slaver is a monstrous Argonian found in the Ruins of Mazzatun. Xal-Nur becomes invulnerable when he summons swamp spice, and a group member will need to walk into the green AoE circle and bring the spice debuff to a geyser in order to damage him again.
Ruins of Mazzatun Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by conquering the Ruins of Mazzatun.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Pledge: Ruins of Mazzatun: Prove you are truly Undaunted by conquering the Ruins of Mazzatun.
- Sap and Stone: Eliminate the Xit-Xaht threat in the Ruins of Mazzatun.
Skills and Abilities
Basic advice: stay out of his aoes. Roll away from him when he smashes the ground with his fists. The tank should be the only one targeted by his conal shout, that damage must be mitigated by any means necessary.
- Monstrous Blitz
- When Xal-Nur blitzes, he charges with an unrelenting focus. His blitz can be blocked by those brave enough to step in the way.
- Swamp Spice
- The on-screen tell for this reads, The aroma of Swamp Spice invades the arena! At certain health intervals (75%, 50% and 25%), Xal-Nur will spit Swamp Spice. Adds are attracted to the smell of swamp spice, and you must cleanse it. This can be done by one player running into the spice's green AoE, then finding a geyser to cleanse it in. One geyser is behind where Xal-Nur stands when idle (exit-side), and the other is to the right of the entrance door. Being drenched in Swamp Spice for too long is very dangerous. If you can't reach a cleansing geyser, it's best to shake it off. The spice will slow you. Have a speed-boosting ability on your bar if you're cleansing the spice, and have the healer keep a close eye on the spice runner's health. If you're being overwhelmed by adds, kill one of the Argonian Wranglers holding the chained wamasu. They've been mistreated by the Xit-Xaht, so if you're struggling, free them and watch them pick off the adds. Keep in mind that Xal-Nur will eventually kill the freed wamasu. Xal-Nur is invulnerable during Swamp Spice phase, and becomes enraged, causing his to attacks deal more damage.
- Furious Roar
- Xal-Nur will roar angrily after the Swamp Spice is cleansed, dealing damage to everyone in the arena. This must be healed through.
- Barbarous Bite
- Xal-Nur bites his target. Applies a bleeding DoT.
- Brutal Bellow
- Xal-Nur roars, dealing damage in front of him in a conal radius.
- Slaver Slam
- Xal-Nur slams both of his fists on the ground, dealing immense physical damage.
He will first be seen menacing Heem-Jas and knocking him out.
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Kill puny rat!"
- Heem-Jas: "Stand back, or I will...."
- <Xal-Nur breathes in his face, frightening him into passing out.>
Engaging players in combat:
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Rats! I eat you now!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "You not escape! You die!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "More rats? You die!"
Xal-Nur will shout various things during the fight, some signify upcoming attacks, others not so much.
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "All fear Xal-Nur!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur strong!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur will crush your heads!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur make you flat!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur make you spit blood!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur break ground! Ground break you!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Die! Die! Die!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Puny rats fall down!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Trample stupid rats!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "You die, slave-scum!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Hahahahaha!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Smash the rats! Smash!"
- Xal-Nur kills an unchained wamasu
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "You break chain, Xal-Nur breaks you!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur kill stupid lizard!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur crush puny wamasu!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur make lizard dead!"
- Player cleanses the Swamp Spice
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "You not be clean for long!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Washing not make you safe, slave-scum"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "You all wet! Xal-Nur hates wet rats!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Xal-Nur will spit again! You'll see!
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "The rats are weak! Xal-Nur is strongest!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "You weak! Xal-Nur strong!"
- Xal-Nur the Slaver: "Ha! Now you feed the worms and lizards!"
When he is killed:
- "No! You die! You..."