She can initially be found reading a book behind the Mages Guild until you show up, whereupon she assumes you're a creep and goes to head into the guildhall. A familiar purple aura appears behind her and she mutters "That chill..." before Wenridil's Shadow appears. Before it can attack her, Wenridil sprints into the guildhall and it's up to you to defeat her shadow.
Afterwards she tells you the location of her logbook, carefully hidden in a pot plant.
- "Is... is it dead?"
- Yes. I dealt with the shadow. You're safe now.
- "It was my shadow, wasn't it? Y'ffre's name, why would it attack me? I always treated it well - plenty of sunshine, candlelight and such. All done now, I suppose. It doesn't look like it's coming back. Ingrate.
- Now I feel... ugh. Damn."
- Are you all right?
- "Not really. I think my shadow may have peeled off some of my animus. My soul, I mean. Or maybe just some of my magical aptitude. Either way, it's something I'll miss.
- Don't blame yourself. You did it keep it from killing me, after all."
- Bonafryd sent me. She thinks these attacks have something to do with the artifact you were studying.
- "Well, that was charitable of her. Didn't think she much liked me. Bit of a sorehead, that one. Anyway, I'm grateful.
- I hid my notes on the artifact in the planter over there - just in case, you know? They're yours if you want them."
- Thank you. Stay safe.
If you speak to her again she'll tell you her plans,
- "Be careful with that notebook, friend. Wouldn't want your shadow to get all murdery too.
- Personally, I'm done with Daedric artifacts. It's back to Valenwood for Wenridil. Going to find a nice, cozy root to hide in until all this blows over."