After completing the main story of Summerset, Valsirenn will become the new Ritemaster of the Psijic Order, and appears in game as Ritemaster Valsirenn.
- The Queen's Decree: Investigate the disappearances of newcomers to Summerset.
- A Pearl of Great Price: Help the Psijic Order crack the puzzle of the Abyssal Pearl you found.
- The Tower Sentinels: Warn the College of Sapiarchs of the threat to the Crystal Tower.
- The Dreaming Cave: Find a way to communicate with Meridia and rescue her Golden Knight from Mephala's clutches.
The Queen's Decree
After finding the Abyssal Pearl in the Monastary, She'll catch you red-handed and say:
- Valsirenn : "Unusual knick-knack for an Aldarch's office, wouldn't you agree?"
Speaking to her, she'll tell you:
- "I noticed you skulking around while I was engaged in some skulking of my own. I suppose we both came to the monastery with a similar purpose in mind."
- And what purpose would that be?
- "The sequestered newcomers. I came to find out what happened to a friend. I assume that's what brought you here as well?"
- "A house of worship shouldn't be used as an internment camp. And it shouldn't be locked to the public, either."
- I saw a pearl like that. There were strange creatures nearby.
- "Interesting. I've never seen anything quite like it. I find it intriguing and a bit disturbing."
- "But we aren't here to discuss curios—strange creatures notwithstanding. We need to find out what's happening with the missing newcomers."
- How did you happen to get past the sentry, by the way?
- "The sentry doesn't appear to have stopped you, so I could ask you the same question. Let's just agree that we both have our methods."
- "Curious, but I feel that there's more going on in Shimmerene than the usual politics and community relations."
- What else could be going on here?
- "That's the question, my cautious friend. We have a newly appointed Aldarch and a disgruntled Kinlady, both opposed to the Queen's decree. What's their connection to the missing newcomers?"
- "I was about to explore the undercroft. Care to join me?"
- I'll meet you in the undercroft.
- Valsirenn : "A curious pearl. I wonder where the Aldarch acquired it?"
- Valsirenn : "Probably not important. I'll meet you in the undercroft and we can see what's going on with the newcomers."
As soon as you enter the undercroft, she'll say:
- Valsirenn : "Something's wrong down here. I sense magic. Vile magic."
- Valsirenn : "Cages? These people did nothing to deserve such treatment."
- Valsirenn : "There's someone alive over there. See if you can help her."
A few minutes later, you'll hear her exclaim:
- Valsirenn : "Is that a … Skaafin?"
Once you've freed Minone Aloette, you can speak to her:
- "A Daedra? Here? And that's a Skaafin, if I remember my Daedric recitations correctly. Very curious."
- What's a dead Skaafin doing in a monastery devoted to the Eight?
- "An excellent question, and one I hope to find the answer to. From the evidence before us, it appears this Nord killed the Skaafin before he succumbed to his own wounds. Good for him."
- "I found this key on the creature's belt, so we can open that door."
- That's where the prisoner said the monks took the rest of the newcomers.
- "Then I suggest we pick up the pace. We need to determine what's actually happening down here and who's behind all this."
- "Without answers to those questions, we won't be able to decide on our best course of action."
- What about your missing friend?
- Valsirenn : "I'll explain everything later. For now, we need to hurry."
Once you've entered the Undercroft Great Hall, you'll hear her say:
- Valsirenn : "Daedric cultists?"
- Valsirenn : "I'll deal with the pearl, you hold off these creatures!"
- Valsirenn : "The pearl's magic attracts these creatures. Hold them off while I complete my spell!"
In the Undercroft Labyrinth, she'll tell you:
- "Those poor people. This wasn't just about newcomers and opposing the Queen's decree. That was Daedric magic back there! I just wish we had arrived a few moments earlier."
- What happened to the pearl? Did you destroy it?
- "I promised to explain what I know. I suppose that now's as good a time as any."
- "I'm a member of the Psijic Order. Our Ritemaster sent me to investigate a warning we received about a plot involving Summerset. My inquiries led me here."
- The Psijic Order?
- "The Psijic Order is an ancient magical monastic society. We served as advisors to the rulers of Tamriel, but that was before we removed our island home from the world. Now this threat has drawn us back."
- "But why are you involved in all this?"
- I'm working with Razum-dar, one of the Queen's Eyes. But what happened to the pearl?
- "An Eye of the Queen? Interesting."
- "I diffused the Daedric magic and transported the pearl to Artaeum, the Psijic island, for safekeeping and study so we can learn more about it. But we can discuss this further once we get out of here."
- All right. Let's go.
After you have exited the monastery's undercroft:
- Valsirenn: "Living on Artaeum for a few centuries doesn't prepare you for physical activity."
- Valsirenn: "Let the Eye of the Queen know what we discovered and I'll catch up with you later."
Talking to Valsirenn:
- "We were warned that Daedric Princes had their eyes on Summerset, but I didn't expect that level of danger from what was supposed to be a simple investigation.
I suggest you tell the Eye of the Queen what we discovered. I'll catch up with you later."
- How did you get involved in this? I thought you said Artaeum was sent away.
- "We received word that there was the potential for trouble in Summerset, so the Ritemaster sent me to take a look.
Even so, Artaeum isn't a prison. We're Psijic mages! We can come and go as we like, just so long as it advances our studies."
- Why didn't you tell me you were a member of the Psijic Order?
- "I did tell you, once I ascertained I could trust you and the time was right.
When we make a rare visit back to Nirn, we try to keep a low profile. Rumors about our Order tend to make people uncomfortable and even nervous in our presence."
- And what about that missing friend that you mentioned?
- "A partial truth. Easier to remember than an outright lie.
Another member of our Order came to Summerset a few months back. We haven't heard from him, so I decided to look into both matters while I was here. Unfortunately, he continues to elude me."
- You think he's hiding from you?
- "No, not intentionally. We may be sages, but we're still just people. We can become restless, succumb to sorrow or frustration.
My friend may have decided that life on Artaeum was no longer satisfying. I just want to know he's safe."
After leaving Kinlady Avinesses party and finishing your conversation with Raz, Valsirenn will walk to the both of you.
- Valsirenn: "I'm glad I found you. While watching the Kinlady's mansion, I saw her ladyship sneak out the back and leave the city."
- Raz: "The Kinlady is meeting the Aldarch in the Coral Forest. Raz smells something and it isn't moon-sugar biscuits!"
- Valsirenn: "Your reputation proceeds you, Eye of the Queen. I am Valsirenn of the Psijic Order. And I agree that the Aldarch is more than a simple monk."
- Raz: "We should work together, yes? But let's travel separately to avoid attracting unwanted attention. Raz will find you both at the Coral Forest."
Valsirenn disappears with a poof, Raz simply walks away. Go to the Coral Forest and team up again with Valsirenn to confront the Aldarch.
- "One of Summerset's more unique environments, the Coral Forest. I used to love coming here when I was growing up."
- "We need to find out why the Aldarch asked Kinlady Avinisse to meet him out here."
- How do we find the Aldarch and the Kinlady?
- "Based on what we saw in the monastery's undercroft, I'm hesitant to use magic to locate them."
- "I suppose we'll have to find them through mundane means. Too bad the Queen's spy isn't here yet. I understand he's good at this sort of thing."
Approaching Aldarch Tilcalar's and Kinlady Avinisse's location, you'll hear the following:
- Kinlady Avinisse : "Murder? That wasn't part of the plan, Aldarch!"
- Aldarch Tilcalar : "You know nothing of the plan, you fool. Let me give you a taste of what the Prince of Bargains has in store for this pitiful world."
- Kinlady Avinisse : "Your Prince? I want no part of Daedra! Help!"
- Valsirenn : "The Aldarch! We'd better hurry!"
Defeat Aldarch Tilcalar then speak to her again:
- "Razum-dar apprehended the Kinlady. They're at the west edge of the Coral Forest."
- "What happened to Aldarch Tilcalar? Did he escape?"
- Aldarch Tilcalar is dead. I heard him mention the Prince of Bargains.
- "I think we can conclude that Tilcalar wasn't actually an Aldarch. At least, not with his connection to the Prince of Bargains, Clavicus Vile."
- "Strange magic and creatures worry me, however. Hopefully, the pearl I sent to Artaeum can tell us more."
- You think you can learn something from the pearl?
- "You'd be surprised what a particular object can reveal—if you know how to unlock its secrets. "
- "I need to return and tell Ritemaster Iachesis all that transpired here. If you're willing, I'd like you to come to Artaeum and confirm my story."
- Who's Ritemaster Iachesis?
- "The Ritemaster leads the Psijic Order from Ceporah Tower, on the island of Artaeum. This spell attunes you to a portal near Shimmerene, in the ruins of the Keep of Eleven Forces. It always leads to Artaeum, no matter the island's current location."
- I'll go to Artaeum to talk to the Ritemaster after I check in with Razum-dar.
- Valsirenn : "One more adjustment and … there! You are now attuned!"
- Valsirenn : "Find me on Artaeum after you finish with the Eye of the Queen."
A Pearl of Great Price
If you speak to Valsirenn before entering the Rellenthil Sinkhole, she'll say:
- "The Canonreeve's son certainly seems agitated about something. I wonder where he ran off to in such a state?
- Well, I suppose we should go and take a look at this sinkhole the Canonreeve mentioned."
- Why do you think the Canonreeve's son Nedoril and his friends gather at the sinkhole?
- "That's a rather dangerous and unsavory location for a gathering of young Altmer.
- The Canonreeve referred to them as malcontents who were proud of their heritage. Makes me curious to see what we'll find when we get there."
- Do you think the sinkhole might be connected to the Daedric plot?
- "I'd rather not speculate. We'll see for ourselves soon enough.
- I just hope the Canonreeve's son hasn't gotten involved with anything too terrible. Children. They can be as frustrating as they are loving."
- Do you have any children?
- "I... I had a daughter. She fell ill. Even the best minds of the Conclave couldn't cure her malady. She... she's no longer with us.
- Enough of that. Let's go see what this sinkhole has to show us."
If you don't go to the sinkhole immediately, Valsirenn will tell you:
- Valsirenn: "I'll meet you in the sinkhole."
After Pennifen makes her abrupt exit of the sinkhole, Valsirenn will comment:
- "That young woman was certainly in a hurry. And what was that about Nedoril and an attack?"
- She said that Nedoril attacked someone, and something about creatures.
- "Yes, well, let's be on our guard then. I don't think this sinkhole is completely natural. Its size concerns me. If the ground continues to fall away, it could swallow all of Rellenthil."
- Do you really think this sinkhole is that dangerous?
- "It certainly feels dangerous. And if it does figure into the Court of Bedlam's plans, well, I can't think of a more frightening event than watching Rellenthil get swallowed by a sinkhole.
- Let's proceed and find out what's going on down here."
Continuing through the Rellenthil Sinkhole, Valsirenn will make several comments:
- Valsirenn: "The walls and ceiling. They don't look stable. I'll try to reinforce the weak spots and catch up with you."
- Valsirenn: "More of those yaghra creatures! Be careful."
- Valsirenn: "The size of this place! It's almost as if someone dug up through the island."
- "I'll teleport closer to the central area and meet you there."
After your encounter with Eldhon, you'll hear Valsirenn call you:
- Valsirenn: "Over here! Keep quiet and tell me if you see what I see."
You'll find Valsirenn at an overlook where an odd scene plays on an opposite ledge, one on which she'll comment:
- "You see that, right? My eyes aren't playing tricks on me? That's a Sea Sload! They haven't been seen in Summerset since ... well, it's been centuries, at least!"
- What's a Sea Sload?
- "A vile and dangerous species. Very powerful. The Sea Sload come from the distant underwater kingdom of Ul'vor-Kus.
- Who's that hooded figure with the Sload? And look. More of those abyssal pearls. They're everywhere!"
- Why are the Sea Sload dangerous?
- "The Sload are a godless people, perhaps the most hated in Tamriel. And the Sea Sload are even worse! They employ depraved magic and have long coveted Summerset. They believe it once belonged to them.
- They pillage, release plagues. They're horrible!"
- Does this have something to do with the Court of Bedlam?
- "The hooded figure could be a member of this so-called Court of Bedlam. At this point, nothing would surprise me.
- That Sload has me worried, though. I can't think of anything worse than an alliance between those foul beasts and Daedric cultists."
- Could this be the source of the abyssal pearls?
- "They could certainly have a connection to the Sea Sload's submerged kingdom, but they appear to have been placed down here. Look how the yaghra are drawn to them.
- I'll head for the Sea Sload. You deal with those abyssal pearls!"
Once you agree to destroy the abyssal pearls, the following scene will play out:
- Nedoril: "Master, intruders in the cave!"
- K'Tora: "Heed me, my creatures! Destroy the intruders!"
- Valsirenn: "That young idiot! We need to get over there!"
- K'Tora: "Witness the power of K'Tora of the Abyssal Cabal!"
- Valsirenn: "Destroy the pearls! We can't let those creatures reach the surface."
- "The Sea Sload and the hooded figure are gone. I'll try to determine where they disappeared to."
After destroying all the abyssal pearls, Valsirenn will call for you to follow her:
- Valsirenn: "This way. Up here!"
- Valsirenn: "Damn! No sign of where the Sea Sload disappeared to."
Speaking to Valsirenn will convey:
- "Damn it, I wasn't fast enough!"
- So that's it? The Sea Sload escaped?
- "For the time being. Let's see what's through that opening."
Upon entering the final area of the cave, Valsirenn will remark on the final fight:
- Valsirenn: "The Sea Sload left us something to remember it by. We need to dispatch that creature."
After exiting the sinkhole and joining with Razum-dar, Valsirenn will make her leave:
- Valsirenn: "Sea Sloads! This is worse than the Ritemaster imagined!"
- "Meet me in Artaeum after you talk to the Queen's Eye."
The Tower Sentinels
Her greeting when accepting the quest from her:
- "Ah, there you are! Glad to see a few of our standard spells of finding still behave in expected ways.
I could use your assistence of you have the time to spare."
After accepting the quest, either in Alinor or on Artaeum:
- '"The Ritemaster continues to seek the memories that were forgotten or altered by the Sea Sload's mind magic. I still find it hard to believe that they actually compelled him to steal the Heart of Transparent Law.
We need to warn the Sapiarchs."
- How is the Ritemaster doing?
- "He's frustrated by the situation. He hates that the Sea Sload got the better of him, and that he can't remember.
The Conclave is working with him to restore his memories while we go to warn the Sapiarchs about the threat to the Crystal Tower."
- Tell me more about the Sapiarchs.
- "The Sapiarchs are the sages of Summerset. A college comprised of the finest minds in Altmer society. Each Sapiarch is devoted to a single area of expertise. Together, they maintain the greatest collection of knowledge in the world."
- What do the Sapiarchs have to do with the Crystal Tower?
- "The Sapiarchs serve as the curators of the Crystal Tower. A pair of Sapiarchs called the Tower Sentinels protect the two keys needed to open the way to the tower. We'll need their help eventually.
First, though, the Proxy Queen."
- Why is the Crystal Tower so important?
- "The Crystal Tower is a manifestation of ancient magic. It serves as a symbol for the Altmer. Its presence protects Summerset. The Sea Sload used the Ritemaster to weaken that protection, making their invasion possible.
Beyond that, there are rumors."
- What kind of rumors?
- "The kind that make the Ritemaster wary of allowing either the Sea Sload or the Daedric Princes to possess its power.
Legends say the Crystal Tower exists in every planar realm at the same time. It literally connects all realities."
- So the Sea Sload have been controlling the Ritemaster all these years?
- "No, I doubt K'Tora's magic could reach Artaeum once it was removed from the world. I think that's why the Ritemaster hid the island in the first place.
If not for the abyssal pearl, K'Tora would never have been able to exert its influence again."
- If you needed help on this, why not bring Oriandra?
- "While I head to Lillandril and you secure the Proxy Queen's permission, the Ritemaster had another task for Oriandra. He asked her to seek out the Eye of the Queen, Razum-dar.
He wants to make sure the Eye is kept informed bout the situation."
- And who is the Proxy Queen?
- "Queen Ayrenn's regent while she's away. Proxy Queen Alwinarwe oversees the governance of Summerset from the Royal Palace in Alinor.
I've never met her, but all reports indicate that she's fair if a bit set in her ways."
Upon arriving to Artaeum, Ritemaster Iachesis can first be encountered beneath the Ceporah Tower:
- Valsirenn: "And there was no sign of Leythen. I don't know whether to be grateful or concerned."
- Ritemaster Iachesis: "We'll find him, Val. Now go check on the pearl while I speak to our new guest."