- 1 Craftable Styles
- 2 Outfit Styles
- 2.1 Undaunted Styles
- 2.2 Battlegrounds Styles
- 2.3 Collector's Edition Styles
- 2.4 Companion/NPC Styles
- 2.5 Miscellaneous Styles
- 2.6 Dragon Hunting-themed Styles
- 2.7 Weapon Only Styles
- 3 Dropped Style Pieces
- 4 Motif Costumes
- 5 Unobtainable Styles
- 6 Upcoming/Datamined Styles
- 7 See Also
There are numerous styles available to wear in Elder Scrolls Online. Most of these styles are craftable and can be learned with the appropriate crafting motifs, skills and ingredients. Others exist purely as visual changes whereby they overlay their design over your existing equipment via the Outfit System or costumes. Other styles exist in the game, but are limited, unavailable or yet to be released. This page serves as an outline of these.
Weapons and Armor can be crafted in a variety of styles. Crafting an item in a specific style requires a secondary ingredient. Each character starts with the ability to create items in their own racial style, and other styles may be learned from special consumable books called motifs. These books along with secondary ingredients may be randomly found in containers (other than crates and barrels) throughout the world. The first fourteen motif listed below can be found throughout the world regardless of zone. As of Update 17, it is possible to change the appearance of worn items to any learned style at an Outfit Station.
Besides that, secondary ingredients may be obtained when deconstructing an item of the respective style, and the ingredients for the ten basic racial styles are sold by vendors at crafting stations. Crafting hirelings for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking will also sell all types of racial style materials (for Motifs 1-10).
The following are styles that cannot be crafted into weapons or armor, but are available to wear as outfits via the Outfit System.
This is the style of the various Monster Helm Sets, which consist of a head and shoulder piece only. Undaunted Styles became obtainable from Update 18 by participating in limited time events, and could be worn as Outfits. To coincide with each limited time event, shields and a variety of weapons were also made available in each respective style, available only via Crown Store purchase.
The Opal Undaunted style contains opalescent versions of the Blood Spawn, Engine Guardian, Ilambris and Troll King weapons and armor. This style only becomes available during the Undaunted Celebration event, and availability began during 2019.
The following styles can only be earned as rewards for participating in Battlegrounds. The chance of obtaining an Outfit Style is based on how well your team performed in the Battleground.
- Fire Drake Style — obtained by completing Land Grabs (Domination, Crazy King).
- Storm Lord Style — obtained by completing Flag Games (Capture the Relic, Chaosball).
- Pit Daemon Style — obtained by completing Deathmatch games.
- Fanged Worm Style — a variant of the Fang Lair Style.
- Horned Dragon Style — a variant of the Scalecaller Style.
Collector's Edition Styles
- Dragonbone Style — can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Elsweyr chapter.
- Divine Prosecution Style — can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Summerset chapter.
- Swordthane Style — Outfit style that can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Greymoor chapter.
- Abnur Tharn Style
- Cadwell's Kitchen Style
- Lyris Titanborn Style
- The Prophet Style
- Prisoner's Rags Style
- Sai Sahan Style
- Battleground Runner Style
- Black Kiergo Brigand Style
- Glenmoril Wyrd Style
- Jephrine Paladin Style
- Knight of the Circle Style
- Legion Zero Style
- Unique Psijic Armor
- Second Legion Style
- Skaal Explorer Style
- Snowhawk Mage Style
- Topal Corsair Style
- Windhelm Scale Tunic Style
Dragon Hunting-themed Styles
- Ancient Dragon Hunter Style
- Elder Dragon Hunter Style
- Dread-Aurelian Style
- Jade-Crown Dragonslayer Style
- Legendary Dragon Style
- Skyterror Dragonslayer Style
Weapon Only Styles
Artifacts are unique and powerful items usually associated with various Daedric princes. In the context of Elder Scrolls Online, the visual style of several artifacts can be applied to your weapons via the Outfit System, if bought from the Crown Store.
Crown Crate Weapons 
- Baandari Pedlar Style
- Dwarven Remnant Style
- Gloomspore Style
- New Moon Style
- Pellitine Outlaw Style
- Greymoor Lycanthrope
- Voriplasm Style
- Lyris's Icereach Battle Axe Style
- Maelstrom Style
- Moon Crescent Style
- Skyforge Smith Hammer
- Antiquarian's Pickaxe Style
- Wolf of Solitude Replica Sword Style
- Karthwatch Sigil Shield Style
Dropped Style Pieces
The following styles exist as individual armor/weapon pieces in-game, but are unavailable as full crafting motifs or style pages. Weapon or armor pieces cannot be used in conjunction with the Outfit System, but individual pieces can be equipped if found in the world.
Armor & Weapons
- Original Ashlander Style
- Original Worm Cult Style
- Ebon Style
- Lich Style
- Maormer Style
- Reach Winter Style
- Savior's Hide Style
- Icereach Coven Style
- Greymoor Style
- Sea Giant Style
The following styles exist as individual armor/weapon pieces in the game data, but are unavailable as full crafting motifs or style pages. Weapon or armor pieces cannot be used in conjunction with the Outfit System, but they can be worn as full costumes.
The following styles are worn by certain NPCs or were discontinued. They cannot be learned by reading motifs or style pages, therefore they're not available for crafting or applying to an outfit.
- Almalexia Style
- Chitinous Style
- City of Ash Style
- Jester Style
- Mummy Wraps Style
- Queen Ayrenn Style
- Hawk's Eye Style (removed)
A list of datamined styles or motifs that are yet to be released.
- Crafting Motif 82: Icereach Coven Style
- Crafting Motif: Hazardous Alchemy Style - obtained from Stone Garden Dungeon
- Crafting Motif: Thorn Legion Style - obtained from Castle Thron Dungeon
- Crafting Motif: Ancestral Breton Style
- Eccentric Experimenter Style - Armor style obtained from (?)
- Valorous Sovngarde Style - Weapon style obtained from Sovngarde Crown Crates
- Timber Crow Arms Pack - Weapon style purchasable from the Crown Store (costume obtained when using fifty Siege of Cyrodiil Merits to create a Runebox)
- Sovngarde Stallwart Style - Armor style obtained from Boxes of Grey Host Pillage during the Lost Treasures of Skyrim event.
- Tools of Domination Style - Weapon style obtained from Legion Zero Strongboxes during a future Imperial City Celebration event.
- Legion Zero Vigiles Style - Armor style obtained from Legion Zero Strongboxes during a future Imperial City Celebration event.
- Grave Dancer Style - Weapon style obtained from Dremora Plunder Skulls during a future Witches Festival event.
- Wayward Guardian Style
- Arkthzand Style
- Spawn of Mephala Style
- Domihaus Style
- Infernal Guardian Style
- Kra'gh the Dreugh King Style
- Sentinel of Rkugamz Style
- Nerien'eth Style
- Tremorscale Style
- Maw of the Infernal Style
- Earthgore Style
- Opal Iceheart Style
- Opal Lord Warden Style
- Opal Nightflame Style
- Opal Swarm Mother Style
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Bow of Shadows
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Sanguine's Rose
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Rueful Axe
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Firstblade
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Dawnbreaker