- 1 Craftable Styles
- 2 Outfit Styles
- 2.1 Undaunted Styles
- 2.2 Battlegrounds Styles
- 2.3 Collector's Edition Styles
- 2.4 Companion/NPC Styles
- 2.5 Events Styles
- 2.6 Miscellaneous Styles
- 2.7 Dragon Hunter Styles
- 2.8 Weapon Only Styles
- 3 Dropped Style Pieces
- 4 Motif Costumes
- 5 Unobtainable Styles
- 6 Upcoming/Datamined Styles
- 7 See Also
There are numerous styles available to wear in Elder Scrolls Online. Most of these styles are craftable and can be learned with the appropriate crafting motifs, skills and ingredients. Others exist purely as visual changes whereby they overlay their design over your existing equipment via the Outfit System or costumes. Other styles exist in the game, but are limited, unavailable or yet to be released. This page serves as an outline of these.
Weapons and Armor can be crafted in a variety of styles. Crafting an item in a specific style requires a secondary ingredient. Each character starts with the ability to create items in their own racial style, and other styles may be learned from special consumable books called motifs. These books along with secondary ingredients may be randomly found in containers (other than crates and barrels) throughout the world. The first fourteen motif listed below can be found throughout the world regardless of zone. As of Update 17, it is possible to change the appearance of worn items to any learned style at an Outfit Station.
Besides that, secondary ingredients may be obtained when deconstructing an item of the respective style, and the ingredients for the ten basic racial styles are sold by vendors at crafting stations. Crafting hirelings for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking will also sell all types of racial style materials (for Motifs 1-10).
The following are styles that cannot be crafted into weapons or armor, but are available to wear as outfits via the Outfit System.
This is the style of the various Monster Helm Sets, which consist of a head and shoulder piece only. Undaunted Styles became obtainable from Update 18 by participating in limited time events, and could be worn as Outfits. To coincide with each limited time event, shields and a variety of weapons were also made available in each respective style, available only via Crown Store purchase.
The Opal Undaunted style contains opalescent versions of the Blood Spawn, Engine Guardian, Ilambris and Troll King weapons and armor. This style only becomes available during the Undaunted Celebration event, and availability began during 2019.
The following styles can only be earned as rewards for participating in Battlegrounds. The chance of obtaining an Outfit Style is based on how well your team performed in the Battleground.
- Fire Drake Style — obtained by completing Land Grabs (Domination, Crazy King).
- Storm Lord Style — obtained by completing Flag Games (Capture the Relic, Chaosball).
- Pit Daemon Style — obtained by completing Deathmatch games.
- Fanged Worm Style — a variant of the Fang Lair Style.
- Horned Dragon Style — a variant of the Scalecaller Style.
Collector's Edition Styles
- Deadlands Gladiator Style — can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Blackwood chapter.
- Dragonbone Style — can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Elsweyr chapter.
- Dremora Kynreeve Style — can only be learned by pre-ordering the Collector's Edition of the Blackwood chapter.
- Divine Prosecution Style — can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Summerset chapter.
- Swordthane Style — Outfit style that can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Greymoor chapter.
- Abnur Tharn Style - A style first released during the third week of the 2019 Anniversary Jubilee
- Cadwell's Kitchen Style - A style first released during the 2019 Jester's Festival
- Lyris Titanborn Style - A style first released during the second week of the 2019 Anniversary Jubilee
- The Prophet Style - A style first released during the first week of the 2019 Anniversary Jubilee
- Sai Sahan Style - A style first released during the fourth week of the 2019 Anniversary Jubilee
- Doctrine Ordinator Style – An armor style first released during the 2021 Tribunal Celebration Event
- Ebonsteel Knight Style – An armor style first released during the 2021 Midyear Mayhem
- Glenmoril Wyrd Style - An armor style first released during the 2019 Witches Festival
- Grave Dancer Style - A weapon style first released during the 2020 Witches Festival
- Imperial Champion Style - A weapon style first released during the 2021 Anniversary Jubilee
- Jephrine Paladin Style - An armor style first released during the 2020 Anniversary Jubilee
- Legion Zero Style - An armor style first released during the 2019 Midyear Mayhem
- Legion Zero Vigiles Style - An armor style first released during the 2020 Imperial City Celebration Event
- Maelstrom Style - A weapon style first released during the 2019 Orsinium Celebration Event
- Regal Regalia Style - A style first released during the 2021 Jester's Festival
- Rkindaleft Dwarven - A weapon style first released during the 2020 New Life Festival
- Second Legion Style - A style first released during the 2020 Midyear Mayhem
- Skaal Explorer Style - A style first released during the 2019 New Life Festival
- Snowhawk Mage Style - An armor style first released during the 2020 Summerset Celebration Event
- Sovngarde Stalwart Style - An armor style first released during the 2020 Lost Treasures of Skyrim
- Tools of Domination Style - A weapon style first released during the 2020 Imperial City Celebration Event
- Akaviri Potentate Style
- Battleground Runner Style
- Black Kiergo Brigand Style
- Eccentric Experimenter Style
- Knight-Aspirant Style
- Knight of the Circle Style
- Prisoner's Rags Style
- Unique Psijic Armor
- Stalhrim Frostguard Style
- Topal Corsair Style
- Windhelm Scale Tunic Style
- Ysgramor's Ascendance Style
- Bog Blight Funerary Mask Style
Dragon Hunter Styles
- Ancient Dragon Hunter Style
- Elder Dragon Hunter Style
- Dread-Aurelian Style
- Jade-Crown Dragonslayer Style
- Legendary Dragon Style
- Skyterror Dragonslayer Style
Weapon Only Styles
Artifacts are unique and powerful items usually associated with various Daedric princes. In the context of Elder Scrolls Online, the visual style of several artifacts can be applied to your weapons via the Outfit System, if bought from the Crown Store.
Crown Crate Weapons 
- Baandari Pedlar Style
- Dwarven Remnant Style
- Gloomspore Style
- Greymoor Lycanthrope
- Iron Atronach Style
- New Moon Style
- Pellitine Outlaw Style
- Silyanorn Ayleid Style
- Voriplasm Style
- Valorous Sovngarde Style
- Antiquarian's Pickaxe Style
- Fire-Forged Maul Style
- Karthwatch Sigil Shield Style
- Leyawiin Brigadine Shield Style - Armor outfit style learned after completing the "Heroes of Blackwood" quest.
- Lyris's Icereach Battle Axe Style
- Moon Crescent Style
- Skyforge Smith Hammer
- Wolf of Solitude Replica Sword Style
Dropped Style Pieces
The following styles exist as individual armor/weapon pieces in-game, but are unavailable as full crafting motifs or style pages. Weapon or armor pieces cannot be used in conjunction with the Outfit System, but individual pieces can be equipped if found in the world.
Armor & Weapons
- Original Ashlander Style
- Original Worm Cult Style
- Ebon Style
- Lich Style
- Maormer Style
- Reach Winter Style
- Savior's Hide Style
- Waking Flame Style
- True-Sworn Style
The following styles exist as individual armor/weapon pieces in the game data, but are unavailable as full crafting motifs or style pages. Weapon or armor pieces cannot be used in conjunction with the Outfit System, but they can be worn as full costumes.
The following styles are worn by certain NPCs or were discontinued. They cannot be learned by reading motifs or style pages, therefore they're not available for crafting or applying to an outfit.
- Almalexia Style
- Chitinous Style
- City of Ash Style
- Hawk's Eye Style
- Jester Style
- Mummy Wraps Style
- Queen Ayrenn Style
A list of datamined styles or motifs that are yet to be released.
- Crafting Motif 92: Ancestral Akaviri Style - Obtained via Antiquities in Blackwood.
- Crafting Motif 99: Waking Flame Style
- Crafting Motif 100: True-Sworn Style
- Crafting Motif: Ancestral Breton Style - TBD
- Crafting Motif: Ancestral Imperial Style - TBD
- Timber Crow Arms Pack – Weapon style purchasable from the Crown Store (complementing the Timbercrow Wanderer costume)
- Dawn's Avenger Style
Datamined from Blackwood Chapter
- Nibenese Court Wizard Style - Armor outfit style learned from style pages found within Trophy Vaults in the Imperial City. The chance to find these style pages increases with higher Tel Var multipliers.
- Khenarthi's Pride Style - Armor outfit style
- Crested Viper Style - Armor outfit style
- Paravant's Letale Style - Armor outfit style
- Datamined from Greymoor on PTS
- Datamined from Markarth on PTS
- Datamined from FoA on PTS
- Datamined from Blackwood on PTS
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Rueful Axe
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Sanguine's Rose
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Firstblade
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Dawnbreaker