A Feral Guardian summoned by a Khajiit
- Feral Guardian: Rouse a grizzly to fight by your side. The grizzly swipes at an enemy, dealing [1537 / 1553 / 1570 / 1587] Magic Damage, and sometimes swipes all enemies in front of it, dealing [6149 / 6216 / 6284 / 6352] Magic Damage and stunning them for 2 seconds. Once summoned you can activate Guardian's Wrath for 75 Ultimate, causing the grizzly to maul an enemy for [8610 / 8704 / 8799 / 8893] Magic Damage. Deals 100% more damage to enemies below 25% Health.
- Eternal Guardian: Rouse a grizzly to fight by your side. The grizzly swipes an enemy, dealing [1588 / 1605 / 1623 / 1640] Magic Damage, and sometimes swipes all enemies in front of it, dealing [6351 / 6421 / 6491 / 6560] Magic Damage and stunning them for 2 seconds. Once summoned you can activate Guardian's Wrath for 75 Ultimate, causing the grizzly to maul an enemy for [8893 / 8990 / 9087 / 9186] Magic Damage. Deals 150% more damage to enemies below 25% Health. The grizzly respawns when killed, once per minute.
- Wild Guardian: Rouse a grizzly to fight by your side. The grizzly swipes at an enemy, dealing [1746 / 1765 / 1785 / 1803] Bleed Damage, and sometimes swipes all enemies in front of it, dealing [6988 / 7065 / 7141 / 7217] Bleed Damage and stunning them for 2 seconds. Once summoned you can activate Guardian's Savagery for 75 Ultimate, to maul an enemy for [9782 / 9889 / 9996 / 10104] Bleed Damage. Deals 100% more damage to enemies below 25% Health. The damage has a higher chance to apply the Hemorrhaging status effect.
Feral Guardian summons a bear to fight for you that deals Magic Damage over time and occasionally deals Area Effect damage in front of it, stunning enemies hit. Summoning the bear has no cost, but once summoned, you can activate Guardian's Wrath for 75 Ultimate which causes Magic Damage and deals 100% additional damage to targets under 25% health. The Eternal Guardian morph will respawn when killed (once per minute) so you don't need to worry about re-summoning it each time and increases the damage of Guardian's Wrath to low Health targets, while Wild Guardian deals Bleed Damage instead and quadruples the chance of applying the Hemorrhaging status effect.
- Players who purchase the Morrowind Collectors Edition or Collectors Pack upgrade are granted access to the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear, a unique gray skin for the bear which can be equipped through the Collections menu.
- While summoning the bear can be done at any time (and should be done well in advance of battle given its long casting time), using its special ability requires a target, which the bear will rush and attack immediately. In solo PvE play against tougher opponents, this is most effective as an opening attack, as NPCs tend to concentrate their attacks on whoever attacks them first, so by opening with this ability and standing back for a few seconds, you can let the bear take the brunt of the attacks.
- Feral Guardian will be unsummoned if you use your weapon swap unless you have selected the skill as your ultimate on both bars. If you have the Bond With Nature passive, this can be used to quickly restore some Health at no cost, but given the casting time of re-summoning the bear when you switch back (even though this is also free), this is not a particularly viable strategy.
- Eternal Guardian is a recommended morph for the Warden Initiate build.
- This skill was called "War Bear" in pre-release material.
Slate-Gray Summoned skin available with the Morrowind collector's edition
Wild Guardian morph, standard-brown
Wild Guardian with Slate-Gray Summoned skin
- Permanently summoned pets, such as the Unstable Familiar or Feral Guardian, will now heal back to full health after exiting combat.
- Fixed an issue where the Guardian's Wrath and Guardian's Savagery abilities were not dealing their bonus execute damage if your Spell Damage and Weapon Damage were exactly the same.
- Activating the Guardian's Wrath or Guardian's Savagery special ability will now grant your bear snare, immobilization, and crowd control immunity for 8 seconds.
- Increased the Health of the bear summoned by this ability and its morphs to 25,000 from 20,000.
- Developer Comments: This change should help the bear deal with CC while still allowing for counter play. We'll continue to make improvements in future updates. The latter change will also make the bear a little more resilient against incidental Area of Effect attacks, as well as against being focus-fired.
- Fixed an issue where the Guardian’s Wrath and Guardian’s Savagery special attacks from this ability and its morphs could not hit some larger monsters, such as Saint Olms.
- Fixed an issue where abilities that summon permanent pets, such as Summon Unstable Familiar or Feral Guardian, could allow you to have the pet summoned without the ability slotted on your bar.
- Eternal Guardian: Fixed an issue where the bear’s respawn would prevent you from resurrecting another player, and cause that player to be permanently unable to be resurrected until they relogged.
- Known Issue: The bear’s respawn should be less disruptive toward your ability to do other actions or cast other abilities, but may still interfere with resurrecting an ally or other abilities with cast and channel times.
- Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
- Developer Comment: We want Wardens to have more options with which Ultimate they select. Previously, if you didn’t use the Feral Guardian Ultimate, your damage was lower than other classes. We have redistributed power from this skill into the Advanced Species passive so all abilities will deal more damage, including a different Ultimate if desired. Net DPS when using the Feral Guardian should be about the same, and DPS will go up if you were using a non-bear ultimate.
- Nature's Grasp: This ability can now target your Feral Guardian and its morphs.
- Fixed an issue where the grizzly's attacks could become desynced or stuck after using Crushing Swipe. This applies to all versions of the grizzly. This will result in higher damage per second for the grizzly, since it will be able to properly perform its next action more frequently.
- Fixed an issue where this summon could not be interrupted.
- Fixed an issue where this Ultimate and morphs’ special attack, Crushing Swipe, could fail to hit large monsters like Dragons or Titans.
- Wild Guardian (morph):
- This morph now deals 10% more damage, up from 5%, to ensure it deals similar damage to Eternal Guardian when you take the Piercing Magic passive.
- This morph now converts the damage to Bleed Damage instead of Physical, and each attack applies the Hemorrhaging status effect. Wild.
- The bear from this ultimate and morphs now attacks once every 2 seconds, instead of a mixture of timers.
- Reduced the damage of the bear's passive attacks by approximately 19%.
- Increased the cooldown of the Crushing Swipe attack to 8 seconds, up from 5, so it better lines up with CC immunity timers as this attack can stun enemies.
- The active ability, Guardian's Wrath, now has a 700ms cast time for the bear (not your own cast!) so that it properly matches up with the attack animation and reduces the desync potential of the attack.
- Feral Guardian (morph): This morph now quintuples (5x) the status chance application of Hemorrhaging, instead of guaranteeing the effect, to reduce the ease of access of the status without investment into applying it.
- Eternal Guardian (morph): This morph now also increases the execute scaling of the special activate to 150%, up from 100%.
- Fixed an issue where the bear from this Ultimate and its morphs could get stuck in a loop of trying to cast Crushing Swipe repeatedly until it perished or was crowd controlled. It was just trying to make you proud.