Sea Sload are a variant of Sload who hail from the undersea kingdom of Ul'vor Kus. Known to be even more reclusive than their Thrassian cousins, Sea Sload often tend to form cabals among themselves to achieve common goals, which then break up or reform as those goals change.
In addition to necromancy, the Sea Sload are also skilled in the arts of alchemy, shadow magic, and mind magic, as well as other arcane disciplines. Sea Sload utilize various deep sea creatures, such as the yaghra, as servants and soldiers. Their specialization in magic can turn people into unwilling Sload-Risen or Shadow Clone slaves.
The Abyssal Cabal
Four Sea Sload formed an alliance during the Three Banners War. Calling themselves the "Abyssal Cabal", they partnered with the Court of Bedlam in order to sink the island of Summerset and reclaim it:
- B'Korgen — an alchemist who has taken control of Welenkin Cove and transformed the yaghra into even more powerful creatures.
- K'Garza — a necromancer who has taken control of Karnwasten and is performing necromantic experiments.
- K'Tora — a sorcerer who has been imprisoning adventurers within his mind trap in Eldbur Sanctuary.
- Z'Maja — a sorceress who has taken control of the Welkynar Gryphon Knights of Cloudrest, turning them into shadow minions.
Skills and Abilities
- Cognitive Dissonance
- Summons portals, allowing them to teleport
- Mental Manipulation
- Causes pearls (Alchemical Globules) to explode if it strikes a player target. Pearls moved by Mental Manipulation move more quickly or more slowly according to how far the pearl is from where it is going.
- AoE attack trapping players.
- Mind Blast
- A beam of energy channeled at their antennas that shoots at a player.
- Cloudrest — A city found on the mountain of Eton Nir in Summerset.
- Karnwasten — A public dungeon found on the northern coast of Summerset.
- Welenkin Cove — A group boss site found on Summerset.
K'Tora can be heard at Abyssal Geysers, as well as found in the following locations:
- Eldbur Sanctuary — An Aldmeri ruin in eastern Summerset.
- Rellenthil Sinkhole — A grotto network underneath Rellenthil.
- Psijic Relic Vaults — A secured vault for storing many of the artifacts in the possession of the Psijic Order.
- The Myth of the Sea Sloads by Raavarion, Sapiarch of Aquatic Malevolence — A sapiarch discusses any potential threats from the so-called Sea Sloads
- Indirim's Journal, Assembled by Indirim — A completed report on the Sea Sload menace compiled by Dominion Marine Indirim
- Night Runner Captain's Journal — A pirate's encounter with a Sea Sload
- There is a dead Sea Sload in one of the nests at Gryphon Run. It's the first nest immediately to the right as soon as you cross the bridge into the nesting grounds. You can see its large body and spindly toes peeking up from the branches.