|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
- Talk to Bonohild Windtorn
- Help Yiri find her voice.
- Talk to Centurion Andrin.
- Uncover the Worm Cult plot.
- Kill Anchorite Garmar.
- Talk to Centurion Andrin.
Continue talking to Captain Viveka to start this quest.
- "I already owe you. But I'm hearing rumors. They need to be investigated."
- What would you have me do?
- "My cousin, on my pa's side. Her father's missing, and the family says Yiri saw what happened. Problem is, he went missing during the attack. But he wasn't anywhere near the west wall."
- What did she say happened?
- "She swears something pulled him into the canals. Poor thing's shocked out of her gourd. As you can see, I'm a little occupied. Get Yiri talking. Tell the Pact's commander, Centurion Andrin, what you learn."
You examine the cultist's body and find a note, Or Else. Read the note, then talk to Yiri and Bonohild. However, Yiri is unintelligible. You can intimidate her, if you have the perk, or you will have to calm her down before you can talk to her. Talking to Bonohild reveals that a cup of Densorr's smelly tea might calm her down. You should ask J'darzi, a Khajiit trader, if he has white moon tea. She warns you that it won't be cheap.
Yiri reveals that a dead thing in the water ate her father. She is afraid it will get her too.
Report your findings to the Centurion.
- "Are you a Jarl, General, or a member of the gods-cursed Tribunal? No? Then shove off!"
- There are zombies in Riften, Centurion. The Worm Cult is among us.
- "This again? Look, the cult is gone. I was dispatched to the city with all of five soldiers. The rest marched off after the giant. I don't have the manpower to investigate rumors."
- I can investigate, then.
He thinks you're wasting your time, but lets you go ahead. He suggests checking the east side of the city, and you can ask him why he doesn't care about the people. He dismisses this and replies that he's been busy and doesn't have the time to chase down rumors.
Worm Cult Plot
You need to talk to a homeless citizen in the eastern part of Riften. A zombie appears, and you must kill it to progress. Loot it for clues, then head north to search the stables. In one of the stalls is a lump of pig iron. You need to search the smithy for clues now. The smithy is to the west. Behind the smithy is a fish rack and an injured citizen named Sirilu Tharam. Talk to her, or search the fish rack. If you talk to her, she says a zombie jumped out of the lake and attacked her. It's attracted to the fish. The zombie reappears; defeat it and loot it to find the next clue. Now you need to continue west to the docks.
Anchorite Garmar is at the very end of the docks. Defeat him, then talk to the Centurion.
- The Worm Cult was here. I've pushed them out of Riften, but they left with a shard of Wuuthrad.
- "A shard of Wuuthrad. Here? You must be joking. The Worm Cult is a danger to us all. Though, from the look on your face, I can see you're not. We'll double patrols with the five men we have. In the meantime, thank you for running them out of town."
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|Captain Viveka asked me to speak with Yiri Windtorn. Yiri claims something took her father.
Objective: Enter Yiri's Home
|When I entered Yiri's home, I found Bonohild Windtorn standing over a dead Worm Cultist! I must ask her what's going on.
Objective: Talk to Bonohild Windtorn
|Why would the Worm Cult want to kill Yiri? I should investigate the cultist's body.
Objective: Investigate Cultist Body
|I found a scroll on the dead cultist. Reading it may reveal the Worm Cult's plans.
Objective: Read Cultist Note Near Bonohild
|The Worm Cult seeks a shard of Wuuthrad in Riften. Yiri must know something about their plans to retrieve it, but whatever she witnessed has rendered her unable to speak. I need to find a way to draw her out of her terrified state.
Objective: Find Out What Happened to Yiri's Father
Yiri Windtorn isn't talking. Perhaps Bonohild Windtorn can help me understand the young woman.
Objective Hint: Talk to Bonohild Windtorn
|I've slain Anchorite Garmar, the apparent leader of a Worm Cult cell in Riften. However, another cultist escaped with a shard of Wuuthrad. Centurion Andrin will need to know of these events.
Objective: Talk to Centurion Andrin