- Originally bred by Tenmar Khajiit, these wily strays made their way to Senchal and now roam several port cities. Captains love having them on board ships to sniff out and kill vermin, plus help keep the crew warm on cold nights at sea.
- Sabre Cats are mighty and majestic hunters that rule the northern plains and tundra by sheer strength and savagery—but, Daedra take it, they sure are cute when they're cubs!
- "For the Mages Guild, I devised an enchanted 'appealometer' that measures creatures' adorableness," says Researcher Neotenus. "After tests on other pets, I tried to take a reading on a Sabre Snow Leopard Cub, but the device overloaded and shattered."
The Sabre Leopard Cub is an upcoming pet that has yet to be available. Its default name is "Toofums".
- Though the arcane markings on this gray pocket mammoth indicate its status as a sacrificial offering, these creatures often end up trundling along after soft-hearted souls like yourself.
The Sacrificial Pocket Mammoth was available to those who pre-purchased any edition of Greymoor. Its default name is "Renegade".
- In the wild, Sandswirl Terror Birds cloak themselves in wind-blown sand to ambush unsuspecting prey. This little fledgling is keen to practice the technique, so be sure to warn your companions before a sandstorm hits. No one wants to lose a toe!
The Sandswirl Fledgling Terror Bird is an upcoming pet. Its default name is "Sandghost".
- A goat bred to take part in Daedric rituals? Nonsense. It's just a goat. Isn't it? But why does it look at you like that? And did it just … whisper? No. It's just a goat!
Sanguine's Black Goat is a black and white goat that was available from the Crown Store for 400 from January 7 to July 31, 2016. Its eyes occasionally glow red. Its default name is "Whisper".
- As trees awaken in the spring, the first light of dawn sparks the formation of a Sapling Indrik from Magicka-touched acorns. Boundless hope fills those they choose to follow.
- The Dovah-Fly is a common sight in the oil-slick ravines of the Clockwork City. While its ornate clockworks are a wonder to behold, it's hard to shake the feeling that it's always watching you.
- "Since our Incarnatoriums can be modified to produce Fabricants modeled on almost any creature of Tamriel Above, why are Scorpion Fabricants of differing sizes so popular? They're our most-requested fabs!" says Clockwork Apostle Dringest.
- Hardy and good-natured, the faithful Skyrim Paint Pony wants to be near its master regardless of the weather, leaning into the wind even in a tundra blizzard.
The Scruffy Skyrim Paint Pony is available as a daily reward for the third week of March, 2020. Its default name is "Ponytail".
- These cerulean-toned hat mota hatchlings learn to fend for themselves amid ice caves, frozen wastes, and crevasses early on. If you tame one, not only do you have a future terror loyal to you, but you also gain its keen survival instinct in frosty lands.
- Often accompanying ships as they leave port, each blue-purple iridescent Dovah-Fly chooses a person to follow. Each night, the whirr of its gently flitting wings pull its chosen one to slumber, and at sunrise it lightly lands on its "pet" to wake them up.
- These are clearly fabricants, clockwork simulations of living creatures, with the distinctive appearance of the handiwork of Sotha Sil. But if so, how did they escape Clockwork City? What powers them? And why do they make such loyal pets? No one knows.
Seht's Dovah-Fly was available from the Crown Store for 1,000 from August 31 to September 4, 2017. It returned from March 1 to March 9, 2021, when it was offered to ESO Plus members at a discount for 800 . It is also available as a Legendary-reward in the Dragonscale Crown Crates. Its default name is "Wirewing".
- Covered in golden fur and possessing a sharp sense of smell, this mutt becomes loyal to any who feed it and treat it with kindness. Are you the benefactor who will take this dog away from its life scrounging on the docks of Senchal?
- The Senchal Striped is a cat that is as cunning as it is elegant. It's both cursed at and admired for its ability to get into places it doesn't belong.
- This ominous yet playful pet, conjured by Psijic magic in shape of a glowing Senche Cub, represents an Artaeum monk's regrettable choices that may yet be reversed by proper adherence to the Old Ways.
- The Senche-Leopard is one of the most feared predators of the Tenmar Forest in central Elsweyr, but if one of its adorable cubs can be adopted when young, it makes a fiercely-loyal companion.
- If you domesticate a Senche-Lion Cub when it's young enough, it will follow you everywhere, no matter how dangerous. And your enemies will burn from the cuteness.
The Senche-Lion Cub is available in the Crown Store for 700 . Its default name is "Kitty Claws".
- True, it does hiss rather than meow, and has shiny scales rather than soft fur, but otherwise the Senche-Lizard Cub is just as adorable as any other kitten.
The Senche-Lizard Cub is an upcoming pet. Its default name is "Kitty Lizard".
- "While carrying out an assignment from Larnatille in my role as Sub-Sapiarch of Domestic Livestock, I created a mount both loyal and majestic. Though the kitten stage is … a bit trying." —Corderil of Sunhold
- It's a striped Senche-Tiger Cub. What more could you need to know? "Ah," you ask, "but is it magical?" Just look in those eyes for your answer.
- These flying vipers have short tempers and nasty dispositions, but just look at those cute crimson eyes! Some of them can even be trained not to inject poison when they bite. The perfect pet!
- Rarely seen outside the ash clouds of Vvardenfell's great volcano, the little Shadowghost pony guar is scary cute.
- Unlike their lone cousins, the great Shadowghost Wolf Mounts, the smaller Shadowghost Pack Wolves hunt on the darkest nights in howling groups. Separated from their packs, they make loyal companions.
- It's said that to catch a Shadowghost Pony, one should seek out a cemetery on a dark night during Witches Festival and wait quietly near the grave of a child. Bring a carrot or sweet apple.
The Shadowghost Pony was available from the Crown Store from October 5 to 9, 2017 for 700 . Its default name is "Misty Princess".
- In Elsweyr, being seen in the company of an uncanny Shadowghost Senche-Panther will put one under suspicion of being a Namiira cultist—or even a disguised dro-m'Athra.
- "Normally you don't see these black bats because they prefer caves and other areas avoided by people. However, if trained, these fellows consider you a member of their colony and hate to leave your side."—Tanandra, Scholar-Errant
- No one can look at the glistening plumage of the Shimmering Indrik and doubt its enchanted nature, for it sparkles with Magicka and virtue. Here is a creature untainted by aggression, though it will ably defend itself at need.
- The lumbering great Salamanders of southern Tamriel all defend themselves with bursts of elemental power, but the Shock Skin variety specializes in electrical discharges. Fortunately, they can be trained not to zap their masters!
The Shornhelm Shepherds is a black-furred dog that was available from the Crown Store for 400 from April 9, 2015 to May 30, 2016. It is also available as a Superior-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crates. Its default name is "Hackles".
- The werewolf hunters of the Silver Dawn rely on the courage and keen noses of these great High Rock hounds to help them track Tamriel's lycanthropes to their lairs.
The Silver Daenian Werewolf Tracker is a Daenian Hound with white fur and black spots. It was available in the Crown Store for 1,200 , and came with the Wolfhunter Collector's Bundle. Its default name is "Wolfhunter".
- Though they originally hail from Senchal, these mousers have recently started showing up in other locales. Having one at your side not only exhibits your charity toward street cats, but also helps ensure you sleep free of pesky mice!
The Silver-Gray Mouser Cat is an upcoming pet. Its default name is "Softpaws".
The Silver Rose Senche-Serval is an upcoming pet. Its default name is "(?)".
- Legends claim that Dibella sent one of these joyful gryphon fledglings to the Bards College during the bards' opening performance, marking it as being the first creature inside the building.
The Skald-Muse Fledgling Gryphon is available in the Crown Store for 1,000 . It first became available on August 6, 2020. Its default name is "Piper".
- Knights of the Spider Cult, known as Deathweavers, often disdain the cultists' usual Daedric Spider companions, preferring Skein Scorpions to present a more warlike attitude.
- The giant crimson beetles that scuttle through the gloom of Mephala's Spiral Skein are said to use their pointed probosces to drink the blood of whatever they catch. True or not, it's a fine gruesome story for cultists to tell about their Daedric pets.
- It should surprise no one familiar with Mephala the Webspinner that spiders are among the most common denizens of the Spiral Skein, the Daedric Prince's Oblivion realm. They're not exactly affectionate pets, but they are fiercely loyal.
- When Mephala populated the Spiral Skein with "improved" versions of Tamrielic invertebrates, she outdid herself with the Skein Wasp, a giant menacing insect guaranteed to give any mortal the shivers!
- Even dark necromancers have feelings—some of them, anyway—and love their companion pets. Some love them so much they reanimate them after they pass away.
The Skeletal Cat is an upcoming pet. Its default name is "Meowbones".
- When the Two Moons are full, the undead wolf pack rises from the grave, point their canine craniums at the sky, and try to howl—but the only sound is a dismal rattling in their bony throats.
- Shouldn't an animated skeleton always be a thing of fear and revulsion? This necromantic Pony Guar might change your mind about that!
- Is Necromancy always wrong? Not even death can stop this loyal Senche-Leopard from stalking to adventure at your side!
The Skeletal Senche-Leopard was available in the Crown Store for a limited time from November 20 to 23, 2019 for 1,500 . Its default name is "Spotless".
- "Sometimes pups hear the call. To defend against claws. To rend wings. When they show up, we train them."—Javinda, Dragonslayer
The Skyterror Dragonslayer Pup was available in the Crown Store as a crown gem exclusive for 100 from August 1 to 15, 2019. Its default name is "Glimmerfang".
- This smaller breed of haj mota lurks in the brackish estuaries of Black Marsh's southern coast, camouflaged by the gray color of the murky tidewater. When hand-raised from hatching, they make surprisingly pleasant pets.
- "The cold blue glowing eyes and markings of the Slate-Skinned Daedrat stem from their diet: corpses touched by Molag Bal. Those brave enough to research or even thwart the Lord of Brutality often study these creatures for insight."—Phrastus of Elinhir
- This construct resembles a great and fearsome Bone Dragon, but it's actually a product of the Necromancer's art, assembled from modern bird and reptile bones and then reanimated.
- The Snow Bear is known for its fierceness, but its cub is as cute as a bug. Maybe even two bugs.
The Snow Bear Cub was available in the Crown Store for 1,000 from December 10 to December 14, 2015. It returned to the store from January 3 to January 7, 2019. It is now available as a Superior-level reward in Ayleid Crates. Its default name is "Sugarfur".
- Never be without a snowball to throw at … uh, wait. It appears and goes plop onto the ground? Ah, I see! Ahem. Never be without a friendly snowball buddy as you adventure in Tamriel! Guaranteed to show up in even the hottest climates as if by magic.
Snowball Buddy is an enchanted snowball which "follows" you by repeatedly teleporting next to you and plopping onto the ground. It is available from a Runebox: Snowball Buddy, a potential reward from New Life Festival Boxes awarded for completing New Life Festival event quests. This pet cannot path when placed as a furnishing. Its default name is "Snowy".
- Born with a snarl, these striped durzogs tend to bite the hand that feeds them—but only gently after they get to know you.
The Snowsnarl Durzog was available in the Crown Store for 1,000 starting August 24, 2020 on PC/Mac, and September 1, 2020 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It is also part of the Stonethorn Collector's Bundle. Its default name is "Icescream".
- "Pure white, these bats, making them hard to see in wintry conditions. But give one a bit of banana, and it'll stick close to you for a while. With a constant diet of bananas and other fruits? You are its boon companion."—Tanandra, Scholar-Errant
- On the highest pinnacles of Eton Nir, where the snow never melts, live the pale Snowcap Gryphons. Perfectly camouflaged for a life in the clouds, for most of the First Era they were considered to be a myth.
The Snowcap Fledgling Gryphon was given to players who participated in December 2018's Crown Store gifting promotion. It was sold to players who didn't get the pet for 1,000 from January 31 to February 4, 2019. It is now available as an Epic-level reward in Frost Atronach Crates. Its default name is "Peaky".
- This little cub loves to play in the snow, but don't let it get lost in the deep drifts—and when you pull it out, be careful of those little sabre teeth!
- This extremely rare Dwarven Spider model is surmounted with a double golden crescent, interpreted by scholars of the Dwemer as a "Solar Arc," or tribute to the sun—an iconography otherwise completely unknown among the handiworks of the Deep Elves.
- Common sights around Solitude, these steadfast and fierce wolves also adorn the heraldry of that city. All of them are, of course, good wolves, and befriending one brings you good fortune in the land of the Nords!
- "I'm not sure why my apprentice insists on making pets of gooey creatures, but here we are, looking at a smaller void rot. So far, it seems the sleeping potion keeps it tractable. So far. Those black tendrils concern me, however."—Aleri Andalor
- Freed at last from her terrible captivity, and rightfully wedded to Jester King Jorunn, the Sovereign Sow can trundle along at your side to share in your adventures. Who would not want a companion of such royal blood and stately countenance?
The Sovereign Sow is acquired by finding and combining all seven Sovereign Sow collectible fragments found in Stupendous Jester's Festival Boxes during the 2020 Jester's Festival. Her default name is "Princess".
- "Potential. Bear cubs from Sovngarde sense it and follow those who have it—all the way back to Sovngarde. While here, they make for sometimes silly companions."—Clever Woman Moritra
- "You may laugh at the idea of a pony guar from Sovngarde, but they exist. In fact, one showed up around here, but it chose to follow a worthy traveler. Or perhaps one freer with cuddles than I am."—Clever Woman Moritra
- "Noble ponies trot forth from Sovngarde, seeking those who have made oaths, knowingly or not. Curiosity prompts them to follow an oathmaker to see how they fulfill their promise. If one follows you, give it an apple. They love them."—Clever Woman Moritra
- "Sabre cat cubs from Sovngarde might play with string, but it's not visiting us for such trifles. Instead, they serve as the eyes and ears of Sovngarde, allowing them watch our world—while sometimes getting tangled in yarn."—Clever Woman Moritra
- "Wolf cubs from the Hall of Valor tumble into our world, ready to help catalogue knowledge for their masters. They particularly love to howl along to skalds and bards, but they'll join up with anyone who travels widely. "—Clever Woman Moritra
- "Do not ask me how this creature came to be. Or not be. It just is. But, perhaps do not kill chickens in already-haunted places."—Geem-Sai, Butcher
- The discovery of this "lynx" created waves in noble circles when certain of their number realized they could have a feline around without succumbing to fur-based allergies. Now you see them everywhere.
The Sphynx Lynx was available in the Crown Store for 700 from June 14 to June 19, 2019. Its default name is "Shivers".
- Even for the elusive Senche-Leopard, the Spotted Snow is a rare variety. Despite its frosty-looking fur, this adorable companion makes for a great cuddle buddy during long winter nights.
The Spotted Snow Senche-Leopard was available in the Crown Store for 700 from January 4, 2018, to May 21, 2018. Its default name is "Frostfur".
- Originally from the Tenmar Jungle, these green moths spread via caravans and carry the scent of fresh spring rains with every flap of their wings.
- For mortals good in heart and soul, being in the presence of a Springtide Indrik induces serenity and makes anger almost impossible—though paradoxically it also inspires a righteous determination to fight injustice.
- With soul gems in short supply, the Clockwork Apostles invented this experimental Brassilisk powered by steam stored under high pressure.
The Steam-Driven Brassilisk was available in the Crown Store for free exclusively to PC/Mac players between November 7, 2017 and January 2, 2018. Its default name is "Pressure Valve". It is a reference to Steam, the gaming software owned by Valve Corporation that distributes the game on computer platforms.
- Visiting the Stitches requires a certain amount of fortitude and bravado. Living there, as do these cavies, involves hiding and good timing, as well. Gain a cavy's hard-won trust, and you gain a furry friend seeking neck-snuggles for life.
- The elegant senche-panther is a distant relative of the Khajiit, though it cannot speak like the cat-folk.
The Striped Senche-Panther was available in the Crown Store for 700 from March 17, 2015 to April 4, 2019. Its default name is "Indigo".
- Striped Senche-Panthers are popular mascots of the Baandari Pedlars of Elsweyr. Incredibly adorable as cubs, even when small they can be trained like magpies to fetch shiny things back to their masters.
- This gibbering, foul-smelling Daedric minion will follow you loyally, though it won't fight for you.
A Stonefire Scamp pet can potentially be earned by completing the Barathrum Centrata event in the Imperial Sewers, as part of the Imperial City DLC. It is a very rare drop of the event's final boss, the Simulacrum of Molag Bal. It was also available to buy from The Impresario during the Imperial City Celebration Event 2019 for 10 Event Tickets. Its default name is "Brimstone".
- Before ice-fire senche-lions become mounts, they start as adorable cubs. But be careful! These cute creatures still require careful handling due to their mix of cold and flame.
The Sunspire Ice-Fire Senche-Cub was available from the Crown Store for 200 from July 3 to 18, 2019. It returned to the Crown Store from March 11 to 18, 2021. Its default name is "Purrbringer".
- Though obviously related to the netches of northeast Tamriel, the swamp jellies of southern Black Marsh also have a disquieting resemblance to aquatic jellyfish. Natural philosophers have no adequate explanation for this.
- Once a common sight in Cyrodiil's Great Forest, the Sylvan Nixad is now most often encountered in the glades and meadows of the Gold Coast. Once tamed, they make charming companions, loyal and easy to care for.
The Sylvan Nixad is a gray pixie-like creature with red wings. It was available from the Crown Store for 700 from May 31, 2017 to February 12, 2018. It was also part of the Dark Brotherhood Collector's Edition alongside the Highland Wolf. It is also available as a Superior-level reward in Psijic Vault Crates. Its default name is "Crimson Dancer".