"Are you with the Thalmor? Thank Y'ffre, I knew they'd send help! They wiped our camp out. When the patrol disappeared, I thought... wait, where are the rest of you?"
Who were you expecting?
"The Fists of Thalmor! They sent a patrol, but they were attacked. I couldn't watch. There was nothing I could do! If you're not with them...."
Is it possible they survived?
"I don't know. When they attacked, it was a rout. We couldn't defend ourselves, but the Thalmor... it might be possible. This is a lot to ask, but could you have a look? Maybe someone's still alive in there."
I'll see what I can do.
"Be careful in there! There're things in the shadows."
- Describe them to me.
- "I didn't get a good look at them. They swept through the Fists of Thalmor like a storm of arrows. There was nothing I could do but run."
- What brought the Fists of Thalmor?
- "The survey team gets supplies from them every month. I tried to warn the Fists of Thalmor before they entered the forest. I was too late."
- Survey team?
- "Until a few years back, Wilding Run was a village. Not a large one, but enough to be missed. They all vanished. No one knows what happened, save that the Hound once set foot here. The Thalmor sent us to investigate.
- The Hound?
- "They say he was once a Bosmer, and this was his home. With all the destruction he's brought upon us, it seemed reasonable that he may be the cause of the disappearances. Now I'm the only one left."
- Where are the others?
- "Dead, like those Fists of Thalmor. The creatures set upon us at night. If I hadn't been up late doing research .... I don't like to think about it. Can we talk about something else?"
If you speak to him after the quest at the campsite, he will say "I've recommended we cease investigation, at least until the dead lie down again. It's a miracle any Fists of the Thalmor made it out."